The TRACTION! Appreciation Thread

Nice!!!!!!
Caption for this photo says 1938 Citroen Hatchback!!!!!!!
Clearly some people just get it plain wrong!!

Attachments

• 1938_Citroen_hatchback.jpg
    1938_Citroen_hatchback.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 376
Last edited:
Another early car. Love those round tail lights. My Dad's 1938 11CL2 had those lights but set into both guards with a central number plate holder that moved when the boot lid was opened, being attached to the hinges and the centre bolt of the spare tyre cover.
Also love the narrow guards and the early hub caps!

Attachments

• Traction_ar.jpg
    Traction_ar.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 350
"For all who think that D's are the Bee's Knees, this is what real motoring is like!!"
That was going really well until he changed into fourth gear.

Cheers.:cheers:

Four gears is something that the Traction always needed. There were numerous attempts to produce a four speed box by several companies----Ersa, Duriez, are two that come to mind. One Citroen test driver was killed when testing an 11BL fitted with a four speed box. It is unclear if this was or was not a Citroen box!

Cheers.:cheers:[/QUOTE]

Nice!!!!!!
Caption for this photo says 1938 Citroen Hatchback!!!!!!!
Clearly some people just get it plain wrong!!

The owner of that car is a fine French man. You guys would like him. The car is a familiale.

Doing the Daffy Duck dance with the AussieFrogs app and a cane.

So what is the story behind this one Shane?
Obviously a one off special, but who built it and when? Also what is happening with it now?

Handmade in Los Angeles is the suspicion. Not much is known. So if you do know, speak up please.

Doing the Daffy Duck dance with the AussieFrogs app and a cane.

For all who think that D's are the Bee's Knees, this is what real motoring is like!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_07EE9kqdQ
Courtesy of Peter Larson of CTA Sweden!

I thought it sounded really grunty as it accelerated away in the opening scene. That is one of the very few car videos I've seen where someone with some mechanical sympathy drives.... Without crashing it through the gears, revving the hell out it for no reason .............. Yet not driving slowly either.

The ID gearbox and motor sure does fit nicely :)

seeya,
Shane L.

Last edited:
Tractions sure appear to be stronger than they look!

attachment.php

that massive boat anchor of a '6' sure looks like it took some moving to push it back a bit

attachment.php

The body itself appears quite intact ... the firewall has given way. Edit: Oh I just translated that.... pretty grim, that's a traction one of the Michelin family died in.

Attachments

• bentraction.jpg
    bentraction.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 771
  • traction_bent2.jpg
    traction_bent2.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 831
Yes I have seen that kind of damage on a traction before. They are really very strong against frontal impact. Also side impact.
I inspected a car that was for sale as a parts car. It had been hit in the drivers door by an MG TC. The MG driver was drunk and T boned the Traction. The lower sill moved 3 inches and the centre of the door pillar moved six inches.
The TA driver received a bruised arm, and the MG was totally destroyed. The engine was 50 yards down the road and the chassis split apart. The only reason the MG driver survived was the fact that being drunk he rolled after being thrown from the car.
Another TA I saw was in a wrecking yard. It had been hit front on and the car had buckled upwards at roughly the engine side damper mounts. The passenger compartment was totally intact but the front doors would not shut and unfortunately the driver of this car was impaled on the steering column.

Was there a better looking car than this sold to the general public in the 1930's ?

img074.jpg