The TRACTION! Appreciation Thread

Have a look at the first piccie. they run forward past the gearbox towards the bumper mount. They look very hefty.... maybe the bodywork mounts on it ?

seeya,
Shane L,.

They are the gear selector rods, gong to a pair or levers on the side of the gearbox. The Six gearbox is quite different, heavier with a cast iron case and more compact but the engine is essentially just 150% of a 4 cylinder.

Shane do you mean the horizontal projections at torsion bar level ?

Yes, there are longer torsion bars in the 6H as they tried to match the rear suspension behaviour.

David,
I suspected as much, but how can the unsupported bits out front help with the spring rate ? The anchor point was at the back and the arms "work" on the torsion bars at the wishbone .. so how can the extra length help ???

There is an outer tube attached to the crossmember and the longer torsion bar runs inside that to be connected at the very front.

Last edited:
A few pics of a Traction competing in Group N at the 2011 Sandown Historics.

Attachments

• DSC04540_resize.JPG
    DSC04540_resize.JPG
    96 KB · Views: 414
  • DSC04541_resize.JPG
    DSC04541_resize.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 397
  • DSC04542_resize.JPG
    DSC04542_resize.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC04543_resize.JPG
    DSC04543_resize.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 432
What a ripper! And it's a BL, too. Groovy dash. Has someone got a pic of the Collins/Lowe Targa car?

Alec Lowe's car at the 75th Birthday in Brisbane along with Lance Colins' car. Also a shot of Alec's car with Lance at the wheel in the Targa a few years ago. These are some of the nearly 200 shots of Queensland Tractions but to upload all these would probably do damage to the site. Any suggestions on a good site to upload to that is commonly used by AF members.

Attachments

• Alec Lowe's car.jpg
    Alec Lowe's car.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 433
  • Lance Colins' car.jpg
    Lance Colins' car.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 460
  • Total commitment.jpg
    Total commitment.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 493
Alec Lowe's car at the 75th Birthday in Brisbane along with Lance Colins' car. Also a shot of Alec's car with Lance at the wheel in the Targa a few years ago. These are some of the nearly 200 shots of Queensland Tractions but to upload all these would probably do damage to the site. Any suggestions on a good site to upload to that is commonly used by AF members.

Great pics ! I would love to see more.

You could simply upload them to Photobucket and give a link for people to browse at leisure. Be sure to make the folder "public"

http://photobucket.com/

Michael, I have done as you suggested and uploaded onto Photobucket. There about 180 images of Tractions collected at the 75th Birthday get togeather in Brisbane, some from Brian Wade’s COCCA run in September 09, also from the FCD 2011 and from a couple of CCCQ outings.

I hope anyone who looks at them enjoys my attempts to maintain the enthusiasm for a truly great old car.

I hope this address will take you straight there.:cheers:

http://s1104.photobucket.com/albums/h336/Citroen11BL/

Love all these shots . Alec Lowes car is a revelation! What's the motive power?

Traction fan you are doing a superb job on that big six.love the black guards.

I did notice the canister/ reservoir Gerry in traction fans earlier post. How many are left now I wonder?

Which one for my 51 Frenchie?

Sorry the pic is upside down! Which one for my 51 French BL please? And my Friend found me a speedo cable! Whoohoo!

Tim

Attachments

• 11BL9.jpg
    11BL9.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 369
Thanks Gerry. Yes...found a french speedo cable so I'm in business...well, after it's had a little TLC.
Tim