The TRACTION! Appreciation Thread

DeemanDan

Fellow Frogger
The Tractions are missing out on showing off there beauty!!

This was my Grand fathers Big 6 was a ex-French Presidential trade in my Grand mother got when working for Citroen

SOOOOOOOOO COOL!!!! WHAT A BEAST!!

Dan

Attachments

• traction2.jpg
    traction2.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 534
  • traction 1.jpg
    traction 1.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 559
Last edited:
Citroenlight15.jpg

What I would regard as being the finest Light 15 in Oz and I'm sure those who've seen it would agree.

Citroenlight15.jpg

What I would regard as being the finest Light 15 in Oz and I'm sure those who've seen it would agree.

That's the stunning looking early car with the wrong tyres on it right ?? I don't remember it having wire wheels though.

seeya,
Shane L.

That's the stunning looking early car with the wrong tyres on it right ?? I don't remember it having wire wheels though.

seeya,
Shane L.

Yes it is a fine example of a 1939 11CL4. One of only two known in the world. The other is in Argentina and belongs to Alex Bastin. The wire wheels are correct however on an English car they should be the same colour as the body.
I actually had a third one of these but sold it years ago to a fellow in North Balwyn. A picture of it is attached. This model had what in my opinion is the ugliest of all the Light 15 dash boards. A three slab affair with a square black instrument cluster similar to the Paris car and also a large and disproportionate cubby hole for the glove compartment.
Cheers Gerry:cheers:

Attachments

• Very Rusty 1940 11CL4.jpg
    Very Rusty 1940 11CL4.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 581

Attachments

• CH 2654.jpg
    CH 2654.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 482
  • GCP-044 NO2.jpg
    GCP-044 NO2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
The 11b Normale after it's respray. Aint she pertty?

Attachments

• DSC00246.jpg
    DSC00246.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 478
  • DSC00245.jpg
    DSC00245.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 473
Thanks Donat!

It would be great to see some of these great local cars...Would love a pic of Slough40s Tractions.

Donat you have to organise to have one of those dresses made for your wife.

Thanks for the Wade traction link - now for the BL....and also Mr Trading Estate....

Tim

Last edited:
Playing with wiring - decided to replace whole loom, which isn't very difficult.

Tim

Attachments

• 11bl6.jpg
    11bl6.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 443
Donat you have to organise to have one of those dresses made for your wife.

Thanks for the Wade traction link - now for the BL....and also Mr Trading Estate....

Tim

Not a bad idea, Tim. Louise loves this photo from the ID brochure.

Brian's early slough car is magnificent. Do I remember a similar pre war model. (blue) owned in Wangaratta with the same Rudge wheels.?
I'd also be interested to know what happened to the fairly original (rusty ) blue and black 1935 slough Normale that was found in NZ shqwn at the CCOCA concourse some years ago and went of to Mel Careys?
Mine doesn't deserve to feature along side these beasts., but its reliable! Ready for somebody to take further one day!
IMGP5979.jpg

IMGP5969.jpg

IMGP5977.jpg

That is a lovely car! Those seats look sumptuous. Must be a very pleasurable ride! Those are the said Easy-cleans?

Tim

The wheels on the car for sale in NZ .. (a few posts above/below ) again shows yet more different wheels. Maybe they have been changed during the red car's lifetime and restoration.

Absolutely stunning. By god that engine looks HUGE :) Dumb question time .... What on earth are the cylinder looking rods that run forward for :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.