The TRACTION! Appreciation Thread

IMG_1028.jpgTrip 2009 disc 2 066.jpgTrip 2009 disc 2 100.jpg

This is just a bit of fun. I was given a Magazine Called The Australian Monthly Motor Manual. NSW Edition. Dated May 1950.
It contains some editorials as well as a very comprehensive list of new vehicles and what the asking price was.
A Light 15 978 pounds and a Big 6 for 1483 pounds. A Holden FX came in at 800 pounds.

Attachments

• Picture 030.jpg
    Picture 030.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 357
This is just a bit of fun. I was given a Magazine Called The Australian Monthly Motor Manual. NSW Edition. Dated May 1950.
It contains some editorials as well as a very comprehensive list of new vehicles and what the asking price was.
A Light 15 978 pounds and a Big 6 for 1483 pounds. A Holden FX came in at 800 pounds.
Very interesting TF. that Black L15 is identical to mine , bumpers/ trim on back guard / english hubcaps etc. The Ford would have been good value at the time. A classic model, obviously hard to get.

Who said it was difficult to to fit a DS engine and gearbox into a traction :p

attachment.php

Attachments

• ds_traction.jpg
    ds_traction.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 882
Spot the guy standing next to the bowser with a cigarette in hand. They should have a warning sign!

All those DS lining up behind, little did they know the maintenance problems looming on those early cars.

My Daughter Johanna being chauffeured in a 15CV cabriolet and me lucky enough to get behind the wheel in Switzerland.

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 303
  • Picture 732.jpg
    Picture 732.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 301
the original land boat? the UK site is tres cool Mpopka, I'm turning into a Traction fan!!

Last edited: