604...is it the coolest euro ever made...

Honda NSX is cool. Its upstartness of going against the usual fezza/porker crowd and keeping its humble Honda badge - and beating them.

I'd have one :) (not in yellow though)

Just to let you know :nownow: Kyneton is half way between melboune and bendigo. A country town with the population of about 8,000. I'm a bumpkin and hate the red neck utes. (that makes me slightly cooler) I live here because I'm cool enough to get out of uncool melbourne!
We live on 5 acres so if i liked 604's (uncool) I could store heaps of them (cool)!
In kyneton the people are nice and don't beep at you for doing a reverse park in the middle of town, all they do is wait, and if you stuff it up they wait some more. That makes Kyneton a cool place!:dance:

Now starting on my 405's ay? They don't stand out as an ugly car and drive great, and they make me smile when ever driving one! Also they have cool stuff like great aircon, remote central locking etc! Also one of mine is lowered thats pretty cool!!
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Cheers Chris!

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Cool,...'cept I was having a go at somebody else...yes, yes..I know it looks like you were the target...but no you werent... mi16 drivers are cool...its the bloody fuegos you gatta watch... :wink2: :wink2: :D

:cheers:

dino

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: Cool,...'cept I was having a go at somebody else...yes, yes..I know it looks like you were the target...but no you werent... mi16 drivers are cool...its the bloody fuegos you gatta watch... :wink2: :wink2: :D

dino

Thats alright then.
But i must admit i'm a little confused!:confused:, Must be the inner fuego driver in me!

bumpski

cool

:wink2:

:D
wpid-Peugeot_604_GTi_1984_11085.jpg

dino

i had that one as an avatar at one stage

should go back to her...

:wink2:

dino

Ps...infact I vote we should all have an image of a female in our avatar...but thats just me... :roflmao:

For those of you who are obviously lost to the true meaning of cool, poor deluded souls who like 604's, I am here to explain that you may as well go for an HSV Commodore, or indeed an XDFalcon. You obviously got that extra taste of the ugly stick when young. I bet your friends were into purple Valiants as well. I feel pity for your opinions, but as the majority of this world is into extreme ugliness wherever you look, I must also forgive you.
Now you may view 'Cool' below and I hope you might achieve some enlightenment from the experience.

c5.jpg

11056795.jpg

dscn1795.jpg

For those of you who are obviously lost to the true meaning of cool, poor deluded souls who like 604's, I am here to explain that you may as well go for an HSV Commodore, or indeed an XDFalcon. You obviously got that extra taste of the ugly stick when young. I bet your friends were into purple Valiants as well. I feel pity for your opinions, but as the majority of this world is into extreme ugliness wherever you look, I must also forgive you.
Now you may view 'Cool' below and I hope you might achieve some enlightenment from the experience.

Hey Gramps, perhaps you should put your glasses on before you post your pics, cause there aint no cool or girls in your pics, and I dont see no purple valiants in ours.

Eyes to see and eyes to read and a brain to comprehend is wot you lack mister 63-1092. That's not a very cool name BTW.

Eyes to see and eyes to read and a brain to comprehend is wot you lack mister 63-1092. That's not a very cool name BTW.

I enjoyed your first post, it had plenty of wit. I tried my best with my reply but not quite to your level, but still atleast a little wit was within, but the above I'm sorry I see nothing, no effort at all, all I see is you trying to bust my ball.

Apologies 6372189, I saw red when you called me Gramps and like you saw no humour in your reply. Being a grandpa is cool too you know.
I do however find plenty of humour in your live signatures.

11056795.jpg

I will not argue...That rear end is indeed very very cool...its superb...
but therein lies the problem...
the whole car must look cool from every angle...

as john has eluded...looking at the side profile...its very 40s Americana...dime a dozen and not cool...grandpa car so dont be so harsh on our "skoda" loving friend :wink2:

front end although sexier and much better executed then lets say an early morris...

1969_morris_minor-pic-39433.jpeg

it really isnt that much different...

And the other thing...and this is very important...unless you do some really crazy mods that thing isnt going to attack any freeway at more than a 100mph for very long...a 604 sits and purrs at that speed like its not moving...
Above car (pug 203)...although "beautiful" and "cool" just lacks that aggression and functionality...it really is a a muesum piece or something to take you to you local church...not cool...think about it...you are not going to find a 604 parked in front of a church on a sunday morning... :wink2: :confused:

dino

:clown:

as john has eluded...looking at the side profile...its very 40s Americana...dime a dozen and not cool...grandpa car so dont be so harsh on our "skoda" loving friend :wink2::cheers:

dino

:clown:[/QUOTE]

Dino, skoda loving not but perhaps Yugo, but the 40s Americana i thought was a 'baba pitchka'

Can not wait to get my beast back on the road...looking forwards to fitting the exhaust system...just waiting on some parts hence the thread revival...killing time... :D then the bloody RWC check...looking forwards to that...not.

dino

Ah Dino, but you are so wrong. This little number has the 505 Douvrin engine installed and would give that old 604 with the boring appearance a run for it's money. I don't think you'll catch Catshamlet at any local church meetings while he has his 203 on the go.
c5.jpg

True that isn't the usual scenario with these engines but mine will happily break every speed limit and is hugely fun to drive. Perhaps that's because I have grandchildren, but if so , I'll live with it.

Your beast on the other hand is probably quite effortless to drive being an auto and all, and whether you can smoke the tyres isn't of interest to fuddy duddy's like my old self, as I am more interested in the cool of driving, of being in the right gear, of feeling the road through the wheels, and the cool of old stuff that is original and not even retro repro. Old is cool too.

Now can you honestly say that you've never had one of these? If not perhaps you need to do a comparison to your new love. You might find that you are really a closet Valiant nerd.

1971-Valiant-VG-Regal.jpg

:joker: