604...is it the coolest euro ever made...

flipping heck, how cool does that make me?

dsc_0497.jpg

Seriously though, I wouldn't call the 607 particularly cool but I have noticed it's one of the few large cars that can pull off this colour. A Merc or 5 series would look stupid in light blue.

607front.jpg

607back.jpg

However it is outdone by its cooler sister

citroen-c6-hdi-240-fap-01.jpg

I sat in one once and loved the 200bhp V6 diesel and the minimalist dash

How does poogeo do it ??? They took the XM and come up with the blandest most boring car I've ever laid eyes on (the 605). The XM looks spectacular even today in comparison (even though the only thing I'd like to do with XM's is dance around them and drink beer while they burn).

The 607 ?? Man that's boring looking, how can they take something like the C6 that looks incredible and end up with a 607 ..... . :yawn: :confused: How did they bugger up such a fine looking vehicle.

Even the smaller cars... the old C4 looks great, especially as a coupe ... Now the 307 ... someone pass us the vomit bag will they :crazy: The new C5 looks very good ... But the 407 :eek: Seriously what are they thinking.

At least the 604/505/504/404 looked "different" (even if they are all ugly :roflmao: ). It appears they lost the plot since they made that little barina clone back in the 80's :clown: Where are the weird/ugly looking cars they used to make :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.

The 607 ?? Man that's boring looking, how can they take something like the C6 that looks incredible and end up with a 607.

Answer: they didn't. The 607 came first and they made the C6 out of the 607. Peugeots are supposed to be conservative, that's the point of them. With the same engineering PSA get too products, the conservative competitor to the German cars, or the off the wall adventurous styling for the show off :D Except for the Saxo, ZX and Xsara which are stylistically pointless.

Updated list...

1. pug 604

2. Citroen ID :roflmao:

:cheers:

dino

:eek:

I just drove home in a couple of inches of snow in the 607. Blew past a Subaru Impreza, several LandRovers, other various 4x4s and a police car.

That felt cool.

Gee's he should have got a DS with a bigger donk...... It's going to be mightily slow going towing home broken PRV 604's with the old long stroke plodder in the ID19 ....... But she'll do it given plenty of time :)

seeya,
Shane L.

Gee's he should have got a DS with a bigger donk...... It's going to be mightily slow going towing home broken PRV 604's with the old long stroke plodder in the ID19 ....... But she'll do it given plenty of time :)

seeya,
Shane L.

only a little slower than towing home a dead cx with the xm :whip:

I've towed a camper trailer with the old ID19 .... to slow for modern roads. There only about 70hp. Which is fine and good when not towing (they'll mostly cruise at the speed limit ..... infact it's a strong motor in the one here, I've had nearly an indicated 90mph on it ........ The speedo most overestimate by about 20% :roflmao: ).

There great old thing for cruising the highways with. Amazingly there rated to tow 1.8tons ... I reckon it would be a bloody slow trip pulling 1.8tons with an ID19 :eek: Would you ever get out of 1st gear :confused:

seeya,
Shana L.