604...is it the coolest euro ever made...

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: @ valiant...

In Melbourne...back in the early eighties...only people that drove valiants were greeks and some Macedonians (admit it john I am right)...but not us bosnians...we wouldnt be seen dead in such contraptions...you see...as we are very much a "german" loving nation, you ll find most bosnians drove:

these, if thay had any taste...this is the group I belong to...
108-mercedes.jpg

others,...drove these...

mercedes-w123.jpg

more sedate and boring....

yet others drove...these
VW-Golf-Mk1-Citi-0012.jpg

and so on...and so on...

one would not drive a vile pile of rubbish like the valiant after driving European machinery...it just wasnt the thing to do...

Greeks did...but they didnt have a point of reference...their first donkeys could hardly compare...hence why they bought valiant...

Sad bit about the whole thing....that valiant there is probably worth more "to more" than both my 604 and your 203 combined...hell i reckon we could throw johns skoda into the pile and we d still fall short..there simply is no accounting for taste...but the fact that I can make such a statement and qualification places me above the rest in terms of both qualification and sheer righteousness... :D :confused: :wink2:

:cheers:

dino

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: @ valiant...

In Melbourne...back in the early eighties...only people that drove valiants were greeks and some Macedonians (admit it john I am right)...:cheers:

dino

I actually grew up in Kew and Doncaster and went to school in North Balwyn, I dont know where Lalor, Thomo, Resevoir, Altona, St Albans, Northcote or Fairfeild are, let alone what cars all my uncles, I mean wogs were driving.:D

In terms of coolness Compared to a Citroen SM THE 604 looks like an EH Holden : )

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308451282.782975.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308451282.782975.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 241
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308451331.149833.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308451331.149833.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 275
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308451377.956188.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308451377.956188.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 297
How about some patina ??? Does it get any better than this ?? The simplicity of an aussie built goddess in a weird 60's 2 tone colour :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P1050602.JPG
    P1050602.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 9,975
  • P1050601.JPG
    P1050601.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 10,213
Shane, show us the best part of the car :wink2::tongue:

It's a travesty isn't it :(

This here is a proper car.... Not a piece of junk built by a company that'll design suspension that falls out of a car :mad:

attachment.php

I'll have to chase up a period radio for it to replace that. The knobs are missing, and obviously it's as yet untested.

seeya,
Shane L.

Attachments

• P1050580.JPG
    P1050580.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 760
It's a travesty isn't it :(

This here is a proper car.... Not a piece of junk built by a company that'll design suspension that falls out of a car :mad:

attachment.php

I'll have to chase up a period radio for it to replace that. The knobs are missing, and obviously it's as yet untested.

seeya,
Shane L.

Actually, that radio is probably a nice period piece from the 60's .... any ideas where I can find a knob for it ?

Shane that is seriously lovely (notice choice of words)...very nice...and very very cool...cooler than a lowered 604??...no. Sorry...I am now certain that 604 is cooler than ID... (due to bug eyes)...possibly even cooler than a DS...

I think that the SM is its only "real" competitor...but as I ve said earlier...it is very very exclusive...people buy it for that reason alone..this isnt good enough...honestly, I am confident that majority of SM owners ARE NOT COOL...

I wasnt "that" cool before I bought the 604...now....well you be the judge...just have a look at the photo...

iceman.jpg

FFS...you are not gonna see this guy driving an SM...the interior mirror is way to small for a start... :wink2: :D

:cheers:

dino

ps...eh holdens are cool...

Last edited:
Wrong Dino, yes I can dig your Bosnian heritage, but you have to see that with that comes lack of vision and a predilection towards too much under the bonnet. This obsession you have with big things, be they motors or wotever, I'm sorry but that is not in the grand scheme of things, really cool.

images

, but you have to see that with that comes lack of vision

I see you took my advice last night and you put your glasses on and finally you put a pic of a cool car even if the Montenegran couldn't see it, though your vision is still lacking a tad as it wasn't purple and even tonight it looks like your on the purple haze again, the only french race car thats really cool would be a Renault and the only way your pic could possibly qualify would be with a female on it, so to you i suggest nasel help if only you were on it your vision mightn't be lacking.

OK here's a cool one with little girls, grandkids actually, and grandpa, and the beginnings of a really cool car.

easter2.jpg