604...is it the coolest euro ever made...

...not going to even bother discussing the possibility that the museum piece (both car and owner :roflmao: ) could affect or in any way influence "current" definition of what is cool... :roflmao: :D :wink2:

:cheers:

dino

...not going to even bother discussing the possibility that the museum piece (both car and owner :roflmao: ) could affect or in any way influence "current" definition of what is cool... :roflmao: :D :wink2:

dino

The clip title is absurd, what car chase? It looks like two 70-year-olds with canes chasing each other. And seeing the two cars together, how can anyone claim that the 604 is cool? Same holds in comparison with any other old Pug:203, 204, 403, 404, they all look cooler than the 604.

For the record, I do own a 604 (rust free auto, with 15 inch minilites and in running condition) but I don't find it cool at all. I think the best looking period Peugeot is the early 504 coupe, judge for yourself:

Attachments

• cropped.jpg
    cropped.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 309
  • cropped2.jpg
    cropped2.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 298
  • Picture 023.jpg
    Picture 023.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 291
Thanos...yes you are right..I 2 laughed when I read..."chase"...what chase...:D :roflmao: About this you are right...the rest...sorry, with all due respect..you are WRONG...why..because you are GREEK...Greeks are not qualified to comment on such matters...FULL STOP...Seriously...last time we "allowed" greeks to comment on such matters...it turned out that "soarers" were better styled cars than peugeots...they rode better and handled just the same...mehhh...they are just bad, bad memories that nobody needs to be reminded about...let dead dogs lie... :D :D recognize and accept that you guys are lazy bastards with taste only for good food and hairy women (and men for many)..this you are good at...but as hard workers, let alone connoisseurs of fine taste...you are not...just ask the germans and the french. :D :confused: what?

:eek:

:clown:

FWIW...I ve sat down and redone :wink2: :D :roflmao: the "tally" and the 604 is still at the top...top 3...This is undeniable and unquestionable...604 is king* of cool.

dino

(*possibly queen or prince at worst)

Thanos...Greeks are not qualified to comment on such matters...FULL STOP...Seriously...last time we "allowed" greeks to comment on such matters...it turned out that "soarers" were better styled cars than peugeots...they rode better and handled just the same...mehhh...they are just bad, bad memories that nobody needs to be reminded about...let dead dogs lie... :D :D recognize and accept that you guys are lazy bastards with taste only for good food and hairy women (and men for many)..this you are good at...but as hard workers, let alone connoisseurs of fine taste...you are not...just ask the germans and the french. :D :confused: what?

Here is a freely translated, relevant Greek saying: Never engage an idiot, he will bring you down to his level and then win because of experience. Your jokes are as uncool as your car, I am done with you.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

:cry::cry::cry:

:eek:

dino

the 604 really is lovely ..... Though I think the valient shown earlier has more style :p

The 504 coupe is a little "try hard" for me .... nothing beats the old DS for simplicity and style... sure it's an ugly colour ... but anyway :) ( these early D's look brilliant in high gloss black).

1764577.jpg

1764579.jpg

1764581.jpg

Note: How well all the buttons on the dash are labelled :roflmao:

I am sorry guys...but you simply are missing the point...It appears only a few here understand the concept of "cool"...

the 504 coupe...is very very cool...but its to sexy and beautiful to be "ice cool"...face it...it really is a ladies car...its never going to impress a man that needs to shave three times a day...It really is designed to impress a man as captured by below clip:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this picture but it isnt cool at the level I am looking at things... :confused:

Shane...your convertible falls in the same category as above...to darn beautiful and SOFT...SOFT SOFT SOFT...

HOW mnany itmes do you kids need to hear this...SOFT is not cool...hard, sharp, edgy, toughg...THIS IS COOL...

604 is all these things...and you can still drive her with one finger and legs spread at 12 to 12...DONE..theory proven..class dismissed..

:D

dino

....nothing beats the old DS for simplicity and style... sure it's an ugly colour ... but anyway :) ( these early D's look brilliant in high gloss black)...
I agree, both the hardtop and cabrio look awsome...

... sure it's an ugly colour ...
I disagree, the color is great for the specific car. My friend Nikos who has a 504 rally car, also has one of the two DS cabriolets in Greece, a silver. I think the brown of the photo suits the car much better.

.... ( these early D's look brilliant in high gloss black)...
I think they look like cop cars in black, somewhat disturbing....

For the record, I do own a 604 (rust free auto, with 15 inch minilites and in running condition) but I don't find it cool at all. I think the best looking period Peugeot is the early 504 coupe, judge for yourself:

That coupe is gorgeous, Thanos. It's yours? Too beautiful to be cool, though. Also, cool needs four doors. That white sedan with the bonnet stripes in one of your pics is looking seriously cool.... what is it?? :D

You want cool ???

In that case nothing beats a CX GTi Turbo:

u9307swy3scf889zhrrhbcgb0ljyk4-org.jpg

a5.jpg

a4.jpg

I think they look better in a dark metalic red, but that's just me :)

The 604 looks to much like an XD falcon for me :p

seeya,
Shane L.

That coupe is gorgeous, Thanos. It's yours? Too beautiful to be cool, though. Also, cool needs four doors. That white sedan with the bonnet stripes in one of your pics is looking seriously cool.... what is it?? :D

John you are abosultely 100% right..take away the silly stripes and the white 504 is a thousand times more cool than the coupe...White car has the correct presence...that stance...see the roll bars,wheels...they tell a story...the other car is just a pretender...

:wink2:

dino

You want cool ???

a5.jpg

a4.jpg

seeya,
Shane L.

the CX is an abberation, a timeless beauty panel beated into a modern world.

manufacturing timelines would suggest the XD looks like a 604

cheers

chris :cool:

You want cool ???

a5.jpg

a4.jpg

seeya,
Shane L.

Shane shane shane....This isnt about what the car looks like in comparison...its not about the xd or the 203 or the morris...after all they are all cool to some extent... a nicely done XD is a cool thing...
So...lest get back to the 604...just look at the dynamics of the design...you say the D is simple...NO WAY IN HELL...there is absolutely nothing simple about it....ONLY a DESIGNER can appreciate the EFFORT required to DESIGN SIMPLICITY...here the D is light years of the 604...but what can we conclude from this...either the designers are separated by similar skill level or one is just a "moment of genius" captured once in a life time...604 is pininfarina...Their skill is unquestionable...so the 604 isnt just a momentary lapse of genius...it and its many cousins are a repeat performance....year after year...i repeat what was said earlier...pininfarina were on fire in the 70s...Getting back to the D...It is superb...but it is also incredibly overcooked...but what saves it is the fact that the chef was FRENCH and not american...otherwise the result would have been disastrous...
D is cool...but its not ice cool...even a light 15 is more cool because of its gangster association...but cool, 30s gangster cool...not 60s shaggadelic gangster...you know where they shoot to miss..because it could hurt the feelings of the victim...you like "flowers and long hair" cool...fine..but this isnt where the 604 is...its 'walther PPK' cool...rest of the competition are just water guns...

:cry:

:roflmao:

:adrink:

dino

I forgot...CX is cool...very cool...its also uber chick...this takes away from its uber coolness
C...this is where the 604 wins...its not chik...its not sexy...its not beautiful...its none of those things that are designed to attract the feminine side...if cars were sitting around a tire balancing machine and having this same discussion then the conclusion would be that 604 is king...its the "cars" CAR...ask most women who is the best bond and you ll get all the cute boys mentioned...ask men...and the only answer is

conneryaston.jpg

rest my case

dino

manufacturing timelines would suggest the XD looks like a 604

Your ability, unlike some, to follow manufacturing time-lines is noted...
And remember when the XD was released...an interesting time...every man and his dog had a mo and a beer in his hands,...it was still (just) OK to drive without a seat belt and call your wog neighbours "wogs"...
cool....but pretend cool...remember...its now almost half a decade "late"....this was a similar time period "we" here down under had to wait for movie releases to follow...clothing and hair styles... :D :confused:
604 was ahead of time (cough cough) :D ....XD is just a fatter granada...granada is a copy of pininfarinas work...ghia was good...but pininfarina was better...

:roflmao:

dino

For those of you who are obviously lost to the true meaning of cool, poor deluded souls who like 604's, I am here to explain that you may as well go for an HSV Commodore, or indeed an XDFalcon. You obviously got that extra taste of the ugly stick when young. I bet your friends were into purple Valiants as well. I feel pity for your opinions, but as the majority of this world is into extreme ugliness wherever you look, I must also forgive you.
Now you may view 'Cool' below and I hope you might achieve some enlightenment from the experience.

c5.jpg

11056795.jpg

dscn1795.jpg

I'm with you Gramps.
I'm young and think this 203 and undeniably cooler than ANY 604

Dino you have missed the point of cool. A 604, really? What where you thinking? Do you like lowered late 90's white commodore wagons to?