The pheonix rises (post the thief mmmm)

Trying but the bloody aircon leaks, not good and I do not like having to pull rad out to get to it! Trying my best and totally pissed off that its not! Fixing plastic bits every day currently as the dash goes back together.

Duplicate silly me, puter or is it the forum?

Blame the forum, 508 error sounds likely culprit at the moment:D

Happy days! Dash is in, Demannu has the proof but the forum collapses at 44% picture upload. 1 Step forward 4 back now, as I have to take it all out to correctly route the wiring under the heater box where it should be.

I forgot the rebuilt fan now puts out more than it ever has, once the aircon is working it going to be good for a hot climate

Better today

IMAG1175.jpg

IMAG1174.jpg

Last edited:
Electronic flasher for the Leds, this car stuff takes time, and the funny wiring standard of this thing. Won;t miss the rear indicator now!

What a difference a year or two makes cockhead will get his karma one day soon I hope.

IMAG1182.jpg

Its an original S1 and its is a S1 so that what it looks like! Thanks to all the good froggers who assisted in any way! WIll go for a quick hoot around the block this evening!

I'll go and sit on the porch listening to see if I can hear you. :roflmao:

Its fairly quite on idle, soon to see what WOT is! just need one clamp tightened to put in coolant and test drive, A few things to fix up before rego though.

A visit is a definate!

Paint.

Attachments

• IMAG1175.jpg
    IMAG1175.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 338
Indeed paint, time for another gratuitous rant (for Ken's amusement:)) f8ckbrain ripped out the binnacle and snapped off the holder for the relay panel, these are the two hardest things to fix, he really is a piece of the proverbial. The appeal went through and everyone had to cut to 50% so he got more. I only trust karma plays out.o

Bogged up the central screw under the removable tray which worked well, dash is fragile after being in the sun for so long after a life of avoidance, so this requires careful thinking, Almost put PS fluid into it but got caught up putting two rear calipers back together after a good coat of paint. USB sockets working well, almost time to pull dash out again to rewire the loom under the top of the air box where it should be. too much wire now compromising everything else as it is.

Ooh one for Scotty, when the dash is out tacho adapter will get prototyped. Then its close to rego.

Last edited:
Whatever happened to the "quick hoot around the block" mentioned in post 268?
I've been waiting for you to get back for days!

Got as close as the last hose clamp, lack of coolant and power steering fluid, this weekend, work gets in the way! Engine sounds like the one in Sydey too,

A nice leather and red stitching well padded and on an early S1 which is really a 309, on Ebay out of Bulgaria. Coulur is not quite right it shuld be black leather but I do not mind.

It was what came with my car, flock has one I was left with too. They are easier with multiple points to leverage off turning.

Patented method so no one is to copy this please and I hope f-wit is having his testicl3s fed to him soon.

Better than Peugeot ever did! Integrates into the dash nicely. rereouting wires, there seems to be too many over the top so under they go.

IMAG1186.jpg