The pheonix rises (post the thief mmmm)

Cams and verniers ordered, this will hopefully be one hot little 205.

Getting closer all the time, thanks to Richard and Huw

Battery and power steering almost done
IMAG1119.jpg

Lower radiator testing for fitment and thern power steering and aircon fitted it radiator in. Plan for power steering hose is next week
IMAG1118.jpg

Last edited:
Better yet the exhaust is in, found one hanger back to front, needs some slight adjustment but engine also started instantly and has a nice note. No dash ratlles.

faggot maggot faced an appeal last Wed, must find out how it went.

The Aldi $500 prusa copy. The battery box is genuine the oil cooler support are my creation as are the standoffs, very easy. Check out 205gtidrivers for 3d printing too, badges, bits and lots more.

Battery box is 306 16V either XSi or GTI6 with ECU in back, its getting very tight need to mount fuel pump relay and inertia switch. on strut tower. Mount under box is hybrid 205/306 to have mounts for battery box otherwise it would sit too high.

Test of radiator only showed one leak to fix and top hose is compromised by inlet so need to be lengthened about 50mm otherwise it came up to temp and fans kicked in when I remember to connect them.

1. Replace fan switch in radiator for a new one
2. Replace or lengthen top hose
3. Replace dodgy little hose between coolant bleed pipe on back of motor and thermostat housing, water pipe is not suitable!

My fun from last night

IMAG1128.jpg

Last edited:
By the way Aldi has that 3D printer on sale again.

Dash finalisation not much more to to do, very strong S1 dash top and bottom now.

Fix up fu3cw1ts work after leaving it in the sun for over 4 months
IMAG1121.jpg

Front now nice and stiff
IMAG1127.jpg

This is what happens when a prick pulls the instruments out and did not undo any screws.

Last bit to glue up.
IMAG1126.jpg

JB weld and stainless pieces cut from windscreen wiper blades cut and bent to fit, makes a very good outcomes,time taken is big though so be prepared, I would also suggest small fibre glass patches in places.

Necessary because a thieving prick simply pulled the instrument binnacle out quite deliberately for no purpose, the lower dash was nicked and a piece and sh1t left behind, its been glassed up and will be treated to colour match it soon. laso stole contents of glovebox which were considerately valuable,

Last edited:
Todays efforts, after weeks of tidying up dickwits efforts its back in, sadly the lower dash is the wrong colour so that is another thing to do later. But what a mongrel putting the binnacle and the upper dash cowel can be with the two instruments. Anyway looking better.

fash in.jpg

I noticed your little 3D prints on the previous page. I've always wondered if it's possible to 3D print the entire lower section...?
Mine is similar to yours as are most S1's.

sadly no, too big for home printers, difficult to get a drawing made up that would be accurate.Mind you there are tecniques that will do this from a scan. Not yet sadly I think. I am going to contact a plastic repair man who can colour match from the glovebox lock.

Printer goes in to action this arvo to make a mount foe the air pod that utilises the old lower fuse box mounts on the lower front .

Things to do, make a led flasher compatible with the socket, fix air con, install dash and led bling. get tacho working. Engineeering rego and enjoy for the time being whilst a decent tight motor is built.

Priinter is out of action, but its not stopped progress, aircon pipes renewed, compressor off got overhaul, refit next weekend, and test drive! Dash tidying up continues and S1 clutch cable, test drive?

USB charging for both sides, hidden in glovebox for passenger and down in the shelf above the drivers knees for me, Now to wire it in.

View attachment 98836

Nope somehting wrong with the file manager attaching things got the pics but will not upload, back to wiring them in then.

Last edited: