The pheonix rises (post the thief mmmm)

Ok time to find a rubber mount then! A longer bolt and a rubber insert will do the trick to take the weight of it when full. Rubber behind it between it and the support bar?

I use vn commodore air box mounts. Go to the wreckers, they are under the air box and have a 6mm stud coming out of a piece of rubber in two directions

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Matthew,

what material did you use in the printer, ABS?

Cheers

Dano

Yes its ABS and thanks Adrian I will do, two mounts from one air box?

May I ask if you have any spares? My chances of getting to a wreckers inside a fortnight are very limited.Given I am off to Italy on the 26 of next month its possibly 10 weeks away!

May I ask if you have any spares? My chances of getting to a wreckers inside a fortnight are very limited.Given I am off to Italy on the 26 of next month its possibly 10 weeks away!

There are plenty of places you can buy such things new, also. The bearing place near me sells them, and they're only a buck or two each.

that's fine mate, thanks for the reply! Cannot wait to try your gearbox though, its a mystery waiting to be answered!

MK2, with design changes and all parts printed

IMAG0758.jpg

Proper fitting this weekend with lengthened hoses to allow for engine movement, this permits rigid mounting. Subbie did not supply STL so I will have to ask after he blows the paycheck at the pub, literally true!

Here we go, mounted and plumbed with only a drop of oil leaking.What an evening with Scott! At least dinner suited him and he thought it was good fun!

Holes in the car, ouch first time for that!
IMAG0763.jpg

Front
IMAG0766.jpg

Side view of mount, worked well but need to support it from the top.
IMAG0765.jpg

Pipework, what a mongrel trying to put the hose onto the fittings, PeterT's hose was a doddle, not this stuff.
IMAG0768.jpg

And we started it again!

If you mount the cooler with the pipes entering from the top you ensure all air is expelled and obtain better cooling.

The way you have it air can be and will be remained trapped in the top of the cooler.

Good advice, hopefully given the 80PSI oil pressure and good flow it will self bleed, hopefully! :) I can always remove it from the mount and tilt it to remove air too whilst its not too hot.

Paid off the exhaust should be here by the weekend! Fitting this weekend to check mating to headers. Getting closer all the time.

Plan is to be in Sydney July for French car day get together of 205's

Standoffs for the Power Steering reservoir being printed, mounting to battery box, in black ABS, far better position, in line with hoses and convenient to fill

My first 3D design and print, done the sub contractor out of a job! Apicture speaks a thousand words, very simple and crude but very effective. Three of them, some M4 hardware and that is another issue out of the way.

IMAG0771.jpg

Last edited:
Half way in, what a job fitting the header to the down pipe. In now and first section on, rear section is together just not joined. Wonderfully a flex joint makes it that much easier after that.

Upped the power steering mounts to be 15mm posts 35mm long which will make it mount nicely, will use washers if required with M6 hardware. Acetone made them melt into the battery box nicely.

IMAG0772.jpg

Last edited:
My power steering reservoir mount, its next job to sort out the hoses to and from the rack. Exhaust now fitted with its O2 sensor, dash out to fix wek points again (for the last time)

On a happy note Catcams 4903109 on order to liven it up a little.

.power steering mount.jpg

Last edited:
Wossner 12.2 86.5 in a J4R block and I hope I can celebrate today its appeal day.(one for Ken)