GreenBlood’s D(very)Special Rejuvenation 2009>

Here's a draft....

nkjr6qh.png

Matthew :)

Not as bad as I had imagined, definite possibilities. The idea is to have the sunroof look more integrated :confused:

Can we use this image, a pic of my car before I found the angle grinder :clown:

14205d1302092156-greenblood%92s-d-very-special-rejuvenation-2009-rear-3quarter.jpg

Cheers
Chris

Not to cut in but blue d'orient is probably my favourite colour for a D then blue delta, I am sticking to original colour for mine but no idea if it will eventuate this year. Orient really brings out the shape of the body but boring old white ticks a lot of boxes. Black is great but only on a Pallas or 21 etc. a black 21 Pallas with black leather is the ultimate in my book but, cool as all but the heat factor. Ergh.

xoqFNAH.png

ZDtp4Tb.png

Q1W98Sz.png

I think it works in a "French" way but I'd prefer all Bleu Lagune or with a white roof. I don't mind the contrast as the black interior compliments the black sunroof, you will also have the black rubber inserts of your GH strips.

Thew colour combination in the lower photo in post #418 is stunning, if the black sunroof clashes, paint it to match:D

I think it works in a "French" way but I'd prefer all Bleu Lagune or with a white roof. I don't mind the contrast as the black interior compliments the black sunroof, you will also have the black rubber inserts of your GH strips.

Hmmm, yeah I'm not liking the dark over light in that colour combo :nownow:

I think I'm too used to the roof and body being the one colour - Bleu Lagune it is :jiggy:

Thanks Matthew that has helped muchly, I'll start saving for paint as I'm wanting to get colour on the roof so that I can do a final install of the sunroof, finish the headlining and fit to the car :cool:

Cheers
Chris

Hmmm, yeah I'm not liking the dark over light in that colour combo :nownow:

I think I'm too used to the roof and body being the one colour - Bleu Lagune it is :jiggy:

Thanks Matthew that has helped muchly, I'll start saving for paint as I'm wanting to get colour on the roof so that I can do a final install of the sunroof, finish the headlining and fit to the car :cool:

Cheers
Chris

I think the "all blue" existing colour is perfect. It's funny how a colour grows on you. The bright blue looks really neat IMO. The guy at work with red C4 arrived at work with his car clean last week.... That colour looked absolutely spectacular when clean with the sun on it ........... I'm very tempted to find out the colour code and get it mixed up for the ID19 :clown:

seeya,
Shane L.

That's what I'm talkin' about! I like Bleu Lagune Chris... speaks of the era.

Here's some inspiration..

I think the "all blue" existing colour is perfect. It's funny how a colour grows on you. The bright blue looks really neat IMO. The guy at work with red C4 arrived at work with his car clean last week.... That colour looked absolutely spectacular when clean with the sun on it ........... I'm very tempted to find out the colour code and get it mixed up for the ID19 :clown:

seeya,
Shane L.

I'd love to be able to afford a finish like this :eek:

Before. . .

58605d1405924358-greenblood%92s-d-very-special-rejuvenation-2009-24-ouch.jpg

After. . .

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Yeah right. . . :rolleyes:

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• P1130591_01.jpg
    P1130591_01.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 842
  • P1130578.jpg
    P1130578.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 832
  • P1130615.jpg
    P1130615.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 806
Chris, with your attention to detail and patience I am sure it will be as good or better ! :)

Haha,
Thanks Michael for the vote of confidence, to be honest I'll be happy if I can achieve a finish close to how it was when I became custodian, that car^ is maybe a little too glossy. I'd be scared to take it out on the road and after all said and done that's what all this work is ultimately about, driving! :drivin:

Nice car though and really shows how good the colour scheme can work on a D. . . :cool:

Cheers
Chris

Chris, with your attention to detail and patience I am sure it will be as good or better ! :)

No doubt there, if your not satisfied with the finish, you just gave in too soon.......

I think this car will be brilliant when finished!

Via the aussiefrogs App

Great choice. Looking good.

Fixed the detail for you MC

D 2 final.jpg

29-07-14 Feels like more of the same :)

Another week and not much to show for it, but any progress is a plus. . .

A little more work on the guards and I've made a start on the drivers door.

The first guard LHS, mostly details. I've reshaped the underside of the front repair as it appeared to have a curve in relation to the bumper when viewed from the front. More noticeable if viewed from a low angle. I carefully bent the lip and redid the filler across the front, much better now :)

Ready for a guide coat, sanding and pretty well finished with preparation.

attachment.php

attachment.php

The right hand guard a first primer coats, fill to the front, a second spot prime to the front and some detail repairs.

attachment.php

Seam sealer. . .

attachment.php

Filler to front and sanded

attachment.php

Spot primed repairs. . .

attachment.php

Then a little attention to detail, this is the guard that has been dinged, there were a couple of splits/cracks on the inner headlight surround. Some very tricky welding for my level of experience (before any of the primer coats of course), very careful grinding of welds and shaped with hammer and dolly.

To get the shape back where the chrome trim sits I fitted the trim, masked and filled, using the corner of the applicator and the trim as a guide I reestablished the shape. Now needs a spot prime and sanding to soften the curve and it should be hard to pick.

attachment.php

attachment.php

A little work on the drivers door, for the most part this door is in pretty good shape. A couple of rust bubbles on the lower outer skin and I've replaced the lower rubber holder on the inside.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

58952d1406619137-greenblood%92s-d-very-special-rejuvenation-2009-4repalce-lower-rubber-holding-strip.jpg

attachment.php

I'll get the drivers door to the same level of preparation as the other panels then move on to the drivers side passenger door, it's going to be a big project with the lower outer skin needing to be replaced :crazy:

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• 60Corrections.jpg
    60Corrections.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 776
  • 59Corrections.jpg
    59Corrections.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 817
  • 30Filler detail.jpg
    30Filler detail.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 748
  • 29Filler detail.jpg
    29Filler detail.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 767
  • 28Primer.jpg
    28Primer.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 773
  • 27 First filler.jpg
    27 First filler.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 758
  • 26 Primer and seam sealer.jpg
    26 Primer and seam sealer.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 781
  • 25 Primer and seam sealer.jpg
    25 Primer and seam sealer.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,124
  • 1Remove rust outer skin.jpg
    1Remove rust outer skin.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 749
  • 2Patch welded.jpg
    2Patch welded.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 731
  • 3Welds cleaned and primer.jpg
    3Welds cleaned and primer.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 733
  • 4Repalce lower rubber holding strip.jpg
    4Repalce lower rubber holding strip.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 558
  • 5Welded lower rubber holding strip.jpg
    5Welded lower rubber holding strip.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 749
You're depressing me Chris!

Serves you right! After showing us pics of your rear arm bearings :nownow: :cry:

Hey, I've been plodding along on this car for 5 years, it's not until you start making progress on the bodywork that you really see rewards for effort - I'm enjoying the moment :clown:

Cheers
Chris

I spent the day (whole) putting suspension cylinders back together, the rubbers for the bearing cups on the rear ones are new, tore one ended up salvaging the old one and the other is such an inferior product I'm stuffed if I can get the dog on. I mention this as the quality of replacement rubber for Citroens is dubious as has been duscussed on the forum, really pissed me off. Anyway very impressed with your work as usual. Btw I have sprayed the dash on mine with Harley Davidson wrinkle paint, it comes up pretty bloody convincing for $28.95.Harley stores are a real eye opener into another 'world' also : ) now I know where all the dodgy money is going! Oops

A little puzzle?

I'm going to kick myself when I get an answer to this :crazy:

58942d1406619019-greenblood%92s-d-very-special-rejuvenation-2009-59corrections.jpg

Looking into the front of the guard on the inner mudguard we have the dimple hole for the wiring loom fixture (need a couple of these anyone?), the bracket for the rubber band to hold the fresh air tube - but what is the raised rhomboid shaped thing with a dimple hole for? :confused:

Cheers
Chris

I'm going to kick myself when I get an answer to this :crazy:

58942d1406619019-greenblood%92s-d-very-special-rejuvenation-2009-59corrections.jpg

Looking into the front of the guard on the inner mudguard we have the dimple hole for the wiring loom fixture (need a couple of these anyone?), the bracket for the rubber band to hold the fresh air tube - but what is the raised rhomboid shaped thing with a dimple hole for? :confused:

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

It is the mounting point for one of the struts which hold the back of the headlight bucket in place.

Cheers,

Mark...:)

Hi Chris,

It is the mounting point for one of the struts which hold the back of the headlight bucket in place.

Cheers,

Mark...:)

Must be missing the strut on both sides of my car? So the strut fits into the dimple, where on the bucket does it attach? Do you have any in your stash you won't be using?

I'll have to check 648 something I've missed :crazy:

Edit: So 14 and 15 missing from my car :(

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Headlight Bucket.jpg
    Headlight Bucket.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 770
Here's a pic of one of mine Chris..

n3fbh3n.png

7YEJkH1.png