GreenBlood’s D(very)Special Rejuvenation 2009>

You're an Eveready bunny Chris!

Matthew :)

Wow Chris, that is pretty good for an afternoons work ! ��

Cheeky :)

I thought I'd hold off posting until I had something showing a whole process, I seem to start on something and move on before coming back to complete, breaking up the thread. A good few evenings and weekends in that door, I think I'm getting quicker though :clown:

Cheers
Chris

Why does money have to get in the way. . .?

Well my car budget has had to be reallocated :(

Our hot water system has developed a sizable leak and the best quote to replace is 5 litres of 2K AC639, thinners, catalyst and then some. Around $1800.00, council regulations here determine I can't just replace the unit, it now has to be installed outside the house and vent to a drain. Plus all kind of valves to prevent me from scalding myself. . . Agggahhhhhh!!!! :mad:

I'm that close to being ready for paint, the only panel untouched now is the bonnet. I've left the fuel filler flap for paint matching but it could be ready in no time.

So, plenty of time for fiddly bits. . .

I've been cleaning, painting all those brackets and fixtures that wouldn't look right if refitted to freshly painted panels. Work that I can do without digging into my pockets. . .

Fresh air ducting, these are new repro. Painted the bracket that doesn't appear to have a function, all I can see that it might do is stop the tube entering the fan housing too deeply and fowling the fan??? :confused:

attachment.php

attachment.php

I've installed into the guards because the ducting is supplied as straight sections, in situ there are some tightish bends. Fitted the new ducting will conform and settle into it's new shape (well that's my excuse anyway).

attachment.php

Repro crap rubber strikes again, this was fitted new a year or so back. The car hasn't been on the road, no heat to stress but the rubber has split and is already turning to dust :mad:

Replaced with a piece of tyre innertube, job done. . .

attachment.php

Windscreen washer bottle, this car in all the time I've owned it has never had one :confused:
I had presumed that it had something to do with the aircon hose? Seems there is no problem with the space, the hose will make removing the guard a little more time consuming as I'll have to lift the bottle, but how often will I need to do that?? The bracket is primed ready for a coat of brown, the bottle new repro, I have all the tubing and jets - not sure about a washer pump yet?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Positive battery terminal, D(v)Special doesn't have the solenoid type pos terminal, the original was just overloaded with the added connections of dedicated stereo and amp cabling. This is a little modern but much tidier, courtesy of Supercheap.

attachment.php

Richo, where are you?? Finally fitted your carby barbed fuel inlet kit. The original fitting on this car was quite tight and didn't look like dropping. I feel much more comfortable now knowing that that is no longer a possibility, and that area is no longer a fire hazard. Thanks Richo wherever you are :wink2:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Fuel filler cap, my only reference for colour now. rescued the original rubbers and will use them, previous paint job hadn't bothered to mask so these were just sprayed over?? I hate that, cleaned and ready to refit.

Those pozi drive screws were rusted in place, I'll see if I can find something in stainless to replace.

attachment.php

Bonnet catches, a catch for the unwary :wink2:
The right hand guard on my car has been replaced at some stage with a second hand guard from an earlier car, wouldn't you know it, Citroen changed the bonnet catch at some stage for the later cars. They both will work but the cable connection also changed :crazy:

ds21bvh (Mark) was able the remedy the situation for me, matching set of correct late catches, thanks Mark :wink2:

attachment.php

Boot lid hinges, thank you Citroen for using alluminium. These respond well to a bit of spit and polish.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Glass, I've opted to apply a tint, green of course. This is partially for looks but also very practical here in Queensland - should help with the airconditioning in summer. A light tint but some decent specs for reducing heat and UV. Look at the shadow cast by the glass yet it is really still quite transparent, also the polarising effect in the reflections of the second shot.

attachment.php

New slides, the originals, tired and cracked had done their job for over 40 years, time for a rest.

attachment.php

Fiddly bits, time consuming but need to happen, there were so many parts of this car that just didn't work or were not fitted, lost or broken. This is the time to get things back to how they were :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• 1Fresh air duct.jpg
    1Fresh air duct.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 909
  • 2Fresh air duct foam.jpg
    2Fresh air duct foam.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 913
  • 3Fresh air duct.jpg
    3Fresh air duct.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 885
  • 4Fresh fan to vent rubber.jpg
    4Fresh fan to vent rubber.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,148
  • 5 Windscreen washer bottle.jpg
    5 Windscreen washer bottle.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 884
  • 6Windscreen washer bottle.jpg
    6Windscreen washer bottle.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 1,103
  • 7Battery terminal.jpg
    7Battery terminal.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 2,825
  • 8Carby inlet kit.jpg
    8Carby inlet kit.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 863
  • 9Carby inlet kit fitted.jpg
    9Carby inlet kit fitted.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 895
  • 10Fuel filler lid.jpg
    10Fuel filler lid.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 873
  • 11Bonnet catches.jpg
    11Bonnet catches.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 891
  • 12Boot hinge.jpg
    12Boot hinge.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 876
  • 13Boot hinge.jpg
    13Boot hinge.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 827
  • 5Glass sun.jpg
    5Glass sun.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 1,048
  • 6Glass new slides.jpg
    6Glass new slides.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 839
i thought franzose did a pump for windscreen bottle?

Steven,
I've tried on a couple of occasions to buy from de Franzose without success, I given up now!

Something suitable will turn up :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Steven,
I've tried on a couple of occasions to buy from de Franzose without success, I given up now!

Something suitable will turn up :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Yeah, I don't know what is up with Der Franzose. At least they'll still ship to Australia! Try Sylvain1230_0 on ebay France. He has a huge selection of parts and not stupid expensive. You can also try Citroworld.NL- Geert is reasonably easy to deal with.

Yeah, I don't know what is up with Der Franzose. At least they'll still ship to Australia! Try Sylvain1230_0 on ebay France. He has a huge selection of parts and not stupid expensive. You can also try Citroworld.NL- Geert is reasonably easy to deal with.

Yup, I've had no trouble buying from Sylvain and Geert, most of my purchases have been through Citroworld - freight is reasonable and they always knock the VAT off, as they should for OS.

Cheers
Chris

there's always Andre although I'm waiting on an order. I am putting a Franzose order together, they sent me 5 litres of LHM by accident! FREE! They told me fluids coudn't be sent too when I brought it up with them, German efficiency gone gorribly wrong?
yes.
just having a look at it, here is the pump, let me know and I'll chuck one in!
I owe you a bottle of wine still for the door covers!....
Washer pump black, DS, electrically. To use also for retrofit, e.g. 2CV, Dyane, Peugeot, Renault.

there's always Andre although I'm waiting on an order. I am putting a Franzose order together, they sent me 5 litres of LHM by accident! FREE! They told me fluids coudn't be sent too when I brought it up with them, German efficiency gone gorribly wrong?
yes.
just having a look at it, here is the pump, let me know and I'll chuck one in!
I owe you a bottle of wine still for the door covers!....
Washer pump black, DS, electrically. To use also for retrofit, e.g. 2CV, Dyane, Peugeot, Renault.

There's an offer too good to refuse :wink2:

I hope it doesn't cause your order to go pair shaped though, happy to pay Steven, and I still have those armrests if you need them :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

My question is where is the washer pump mounted? mine just sits on the guard loose near the washer bottle.

My question is where is the washer pump mounted? mine just sits on the guard loose near the washer bottle.

A good question and one I can't answer, it's just been too long. . .

It also begs the question, when removing that guard what stays with the guard and what remains on the hull?
If the pump is mounted on the guard you would disconnect the power and I guess the water outlet tube on the pump?
If mounted on the hull, you would only need to disconnect the water inlet hose at the pump?

Anyone?

Cheers
Chris

A good question and one I can't answer, it's just been too long. . .

It also begs the question, when removing that guard what stays with the guard and what remains on the hull?
If the pump is mounted on the guard you would disconnect the power and I guess the water outlet tube on the pump?
If mounted on the hull, you would only need to disconnect the water inlet hose at the pump?

Anyone?

Cheers
Chris

This is the best reference I've found for the washer pump, this car is possibly as original as it gets. [Thanks to michaelr for finding this fabulous resource]
DS 23 Pallas 1973 (19 151 Km)

It appears the pump is mounted to the guard, close to where the wing wiring loom exits the guard.

attachment.php

This shows the pump has stayed with the guard when removed.

attachment.php

Probably makes sense when you think about it, with the pump still attached to the water tank there would be no leakage of fluid?

Edit: A little more delving. . .

From the Service Handbook, is that the washer pump in behind the fan?

attachment.php

Are these the mounting fixtures (M5) just below the wing wiring harness exit? Interestingly (well I think so :clown: ) these are mirrored on the left hand guard (LHD cars?).

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• DS Screen Washer Pump.JPG
    DS Screen Washer Pump.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 769
  • DS Screen Washer Pump2.JPG
    DS Screen Washer Pump2.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 767
  • Washer pump mounting2.jpg
    Washer pump mounting2.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 990
  • Washer pump mounting.jpg
    Washer pump mounting.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 745
So we all pulled our cars apart so many years ago no-one can remember :confused: Surely someone out there has a car they haven't pulled to bits that they can verify on :roflmao:

thats gotta be it huh! Mine has pump in container but no cap, wish I had a cap. everytime I see someones windscreen bottle I covet thir caps! Theres a whole unit on ebay but the price is OTT....

thats gotta be it huh! Mine has pump in container but no cap, wish I had a cap. everytime I see someones windscreen bottle I covet thir caps! Theres a whole unit on ebay but the price is OTT....

Steven,
I have a spare bottle with cap, both yellowed with age, the cap is a little crazed but still clips on firmly - sing out if you can use it. It might respond to your boiling water trick?

Cheers
Chris

Just revisiting your question Matthew. . .

I've been chatting to Mark (ds21bvh) he tells me the repro pumps are not self priming and can't be fitted where they were originally fitted, they have to sit below the water level in the tank. Which is why most sit loosely in the guard.

Citroen Classics have OEM Citroen D washer pumps (self priming - not sure?) for 60quid

I think I have found a 'self priming' washer pump that will mount on the guard for $19.00 delivered.

http://www.midlandworkshopsupplies....-12v-windscreen-washer-pump-self-priming.html

Purchase through this ebay seller (looks like a Chinese clone of the above but for $19.00 worth the risk).
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/291249057288?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Cheers
Chris