French cars in movies

Aussie comedy film "Strange Bedfellows" (Paul Hogan, Michael Caton), filmed on location in Yackandandah, Victoria. Watched on Stan last night for first time.
Local "pretend" gay hairdresser driving yellow Renault Megane convertible - typecasting? :)

Last Sunday - ABC TV - Julia Zemiro's Home Delivery - Ray Martin driving very nice white Citroen Light 15 (edit: note UFO says its a Big 15) which is similar to what his father drove years ago when he was a Citroen dealer salesman. Good pics of car and it was central to the discussion at beginning of program. Should be available on iView.

Note: Before posting this I had not seen UFO's post in Citroen Forum, guess no harm done.
Cheers.

In the last series of Peaky Blinders (one of the episodes towards the end) are two Renault Celtaquatres or something similar.
One (or a vehicle with a similar shape) gets blown up.

Black Adam

DC Shazam offshoot set in a fictional middle eastern country with more French cars than I could keep track of appearing as local colour in the street scene fights and chases. Including:
4 10 16
504 505 406
... and others!

Belle and Sebastian 3 has a great 203 doing some k's in the snow covered French Alps.

I turned on the tv at midnight last night and found myself watching Alvin Purple Rides Again[1974] ,and was surprised to see Alvin and his mate cruising rural Australia in a run down Renault 750 in a bid to avoid female attention . It soon breaks down and they get a ride with an all girl cricket team and the nude fest continues .They sure don't make movies like that anymore.
Accidentally found myself reading the original post in this thread. What a ridiculous plot device - most of those girls would have been batting for the other team!!;)

Trafic (Jaques Tati) on now on SBS World Movies - finishes 6:40pm.

And "Under the Vines" (ABC, but set in NZ) has a 2CV! First comment was "Oh God, it's French!"

Opening scenes of Battle of Britain ...

1679295986897.png

"The Family" (2013) - on SBS World Movies - US Mafia family under FBI protection in a village in France.

FBI man drives a Xantia hatch (sounds like a diesel). The baddies drive Mercs obviously...

Just finished - but SBS usually shows movies more than once. It'll.be on again ar 2:45am on Saturday 6th

"Love/Hate" an Irish crime series currently available on SBS has a Citroen in the first few minutes of the first episode. It's a great award winning series but can get quite violent in parts.