French cars in movies

The ABC is showing 3 episodes of Murder in Provence, in which the main characters get around in a DS. I don't know what decade it's set in, or what other French cars may be featured.

Apparently we've already missed episode 1, but you can catch the repeat at 1:30pm this afternoon. New episodes at 7:30 this evening and next Saturday.

Similarly, "Madame Blanc" series features a Citroen wagon, every episode as it is the taxi of the co-star. Light hearted mysteries set in current times, British woman living in France. Original run finished, but still on catch up tv.

The ABC is showing 3 episodes of Murder in Provence ...
In which we see Fred Thursday and Lady Felicia pretending to be frogs a little haunted by events in their pasts, pursuing various cliche DEI plot devices and angles and an odd look to it rather like the latest series of Vera. Is it shot on GoPro using drones??? Unfortunately, the plot didn't stretch to Lady Felecia being rescued by a Mons. Brun arriving on a Peugeot bike for a cameo after being hit on the head and tied up. They've been solving crimes since the 1950's so should have a chance at a collar even sans Morse.
And the DS ... surprised they didn't issue a black Slough Big 15 actually.

... and tonight a cameo by that bounder from the continent, Flambeau, but still no Mons. Brun. Plus bad background projection for conversations inside the DS when driving. Their DS must also have had special glass that makes the outside a blur and bends the world round corners without any need to turn the wheel. Male viewers should be feeling thoroughly lectured to and toxic after tonight's travesty.

The ABC is showing 3 episodes of Murder in Provence, in which the main characters get around in a DS. I don't know what decade it's set in, or what other French cars may be featured.

Well I will not be as critical as David S. Sure it is a bit unusual and the plot's a bit odd but easy enough to watch and a change to see familiar faces in a completely different setting.
My main observation has been how good that DS looks as it slinks around and how handsome too. :cool: Probably a very good restoration and paint job combined with good photography of it driving on the road.
No silly angular panels or exaggerated tail lights or other current fads, just cool sleek styling and i might add it looks to be set to the correct height too.(y)
Jaahn