Classic Alpine A110s for sale

New one!
It does look pretty, but given the 17? photos of shows and some parts of the car, one of it going around a corner, I would have liked one engine bay, under the bonnet and an underside photo given the 145 000 Euro that is being asked. A driving video would be nice also, but just for my viewing pleasure. $232K AUD is fairly serious money for most of us.

It does look pretty, but given the 17? photos of shows and some parts of the car, one of it going around a corner, I would have liked one engine bay, under the bonnet and an underside photo given the 145 000 Euro that is being asked. A driving video would be nice also, but just for my viewing pleasure. $232K AUD is fairly serious money for most of us.
I have to agree Alan I thought the number of photos were lacking. The 1600S is the ultimate A110 and obviously demands the higher prices. But as you said it is serious money and one would have to inspect the car very closely to make sure the car is in perfect condition as you would expect for that sort of money.

They are asking serious money for A110s that are not clearly shown to be worth it with the photos as supplied. Obviously, if you are interested, you would ask for more from the seller. The 1984 Alpine A310 shown on the same site is a good example of what you should get - warts (rust) and all- to see if they are worth the money. The A310 would cost a lot to get it how it should be, notwithstanding the cost to get it to Oz.

Rare Lucas Guillotine Injection as note on paperwork

A110.jpg

Last edited:

Let's face it, for that money any sane person would have two modern A110. Absolutely no reason to have the old one (apart maybe for some deluded idea about investment value).

Let's face it, for that money any sane person would have two modern A110. Absolutely no reason to have the old one (apart maybe for some deluded idea about investment value).
Are we in this group because we are sane?

I would have the old one any day, not least because a normal mortal has some chance of being anle to work on it.

Andrew

The A110 in Post 87 is in my opinion a replica, with a lot of time and fancy new race style parts fitted. There is noting there that came with the original Chassis number. Even the chassis tag is new, as is the punched numbers on the 1600/race RH rear engine mount.

But if it came to a $150K sales figure it would be worth every penny/cent. As it is all new stuff. The gearbox would never be a 353 ...

My 2c worth ...
Ray

The reason you buy a classic old car is because you like it....if it becomes a good investment that's a bonus. Would I ever sell my 69 A110 to buy a new A110....absolutely no way (even though I love the new version).

Are we in this group because we are sane?

I would have the old one any day, not least because a normal mortal has some chance of being anle to work on it.

Andrew

Don't get me wrong. I have loved the A110 since before I could read and found the pictures in a magazine reporting its rally win in the seventies. I still think it is one if not the most beautiful car ever.

But. I have driven many old cars and though some are a pleasure to drive, I can't help comparing them with modern drives. Much as I would love an old A110, given the option I would take the new one. I would probably drive it a lot more than if I had the old one too, and that alone is enough to tilt the balance. The new A110 also happens to be one of the revisited designs that managed to improve the old in some aspects whilst being respectful to it. It really preserves the good and makes it better. Not that many cars in that category.

Your mileage is yours.