Classic Alpine A110s for sale

A collector will definitely factor in that it is not an Alpine, but a Dinalpin.
It's lack of monetary interest now, will also be reflected in the future, which
is what savvy collectors factor in.
They will know that other future acquisitions will be inhibited.

However, I hope that an Aussie wins this auction.
We punch well above our weight.
The more the merrier...

Got around to watching the vide

45-Years-Owned 1970 Dinalpin Alpine A110 1.6L 4-Speed​

Got around to watching the videos, the car sounds good and seems to drive ok.

Bidding a little higher at US$34,110

All those that are keen will have to get up at 0530 Hrs EAST to watch the final minutes of bidding.

45-Years-Owned 1970 Dinalpin Alpine A110 1.6L 4-Speed​

Auction has finished with a final price of US$85,000 which is AU$128,754

So to bring it to Australia you would need to add freight guessing AU$6000 plus AU$13,400 in GST plus any other costs.

Last edited:
The final bid at $85k USD did not meet reserve, and was well above what I could afford for a toy. Still only about half of what a genuine Alpine 1600S would generally achieve.

Dinalpin.jpg

The final bid at $85k USD did not meet reserve, and was well above what I could afford for a toy. Still only about half of what a genuine Alpine 1600S would generally achieve.
Even allowing for inflation, I'm glad I bought mine when I did I got a bargain compared with the prices of today.
I thought at the time it was a lot of money to have tied up in a car that was going to get not much use.

A bit of price history of French, Spanish, Mexican & Brazilian Alpine A110 derivatives on Bring a Trailer.

There is a FASA 1300 on the local FB marketplace here in Italy. Body and interior looks good but engine needs a rebuild

There is a FASA 1300 on the local FB marketplace here in Italy. Body and interior looks good but engine needs a rebuild

AU$91,724 Plus freight; plus GST then allow AU$5000 for engine rebuild.

Looks like entry level for the cars built under licence is circa AU$90,000 to AU$120,000 Plus freight; plus GST; plus any other charges as cleaning, insurance etc.

For me $100k is just not a figure I could spend on a toy or an everyday car at this point, or likely any point in my life. Perhaps if I sold off most of my bikes I would have a reserve that would allow such a purchase, and leave enough room in my shed to fit it in.

For me $100k is just not a figure I could spend on a toy or an everyday car at this point, or likely any point in my life. Perhaps if I sold off most of my bikes I would have a reserve that would allow such a purchase, and leave enough room in my shed to fit it in.
Also you can give the car 100% of your car time budget instead of trying to find the time to play with all those bikes. I know it comes hard to let go of your collection because you acquired each bike for a reason and they all have their place. I have also got rid of projects because I was never going to have the time get to them.

Col I currently have 11 cars as well. Which ones of those do I move on, although 2 are children’s cars and another child’s ex car will be sold off soon.

Some time in the future I will quite probably have a small pretty toy to enjoy, in the meantime I will make some effort in clearing some stock to release some money and space.

Col I currently have 11 cars as well. Which ones of those do I move on, although 2 are children’s cars and another child’s ex car will be sold off soon.

Some time in the future I will quite probably have a small pretty toy to enjoy, in the meantime I will make some effort in clearing some stock to release some money and space.
I have 6 cars in varying conditions of which 3 are registered. which I also hope to half over the next 5 to 10 years.

I sold my last motor bike just after acquiring my Alpine as I was not riding it much and it cost as much to register and insure as a car.

Just keep looking alan one will come along at the right price in the right condition, I never thought I would be able be to own an Alpine even if its one of the ones made under licence.

I have 9 registered cars, but only 2 of the bikes currently registered, all being on full rego. Historic rego in QLD is not very useful if you stay within the rules. Don’t ask what my insurance and rego costs are, because I don’t want to know. I ride a motorcycle most days to work, except when it is raining, that’s what non special cars are for.

Another one!

New one!

Reactions: COL