Classic Alpine A110s for sale

that would make them lighter??

another question, besides side intrusion what else is required for ADR (Australian Design Rules)? Sounds very hard.
Dieppe cars are lighter. I suspect they made the bodies stronger for Mexico although it might just be what skills/technology were available there.

Some time ago we had lunch in Dieppe with Jean Pierre Limondin before visiting the Alpine factory which was making the Clio Sport then. Jean came with his A110, the last one off the production line in 1977. He was the export manager for Alpine and said he had to go to Mexico to tell the management to go easy on the fibreglass as the they were making the bodies too thick and could not fit the windscreens. At least the Mexican cars had much stronger bodies.

$US190k!
That is AU$281,787 for those that are interested. I think that is about right for a factory car with racing history.

45-Years-Owned 1970 Dinalpin Alpine A110 1.6L 4-Speed​

Thats going to be real interesting to me what this car fetches as it is a similar spec to mine except mine has a five speed in it and my car is a 1973 model.

Will have a thorough read of the ad later.

I see this Dinalpin started life as an 1100VA my car started life as a 1300VA

Current bid is US$7600 with 7 days to go, was US$1700 earlier today.

Current bid is US$30000 with 6 days to go, bidding seems to be going well, will interesting to see if it runs out of steam.

Also there are some interesting comments.

Current bid is US$30000 with 6 days to go, bidding seems to be going well, will interesting to see if it runs out of steam.

Also there are some interesting comments.
It will be interesting to what price it fetches as mine is close to the same specs without the roll cage. Interesting placement of the hydraulic handbrake.

Bidding seems to have stagnated at US$30,000 with 4 days to go. There is more comments in the form of questions about the car so still plenty of interest in this little Dinalpin.

Yes Col, I find it interesting that there seems to be minimal interest money wise in this A110. The Dinalpin beginnings that big of a turn off? I would very happily have it for the $46K AUD it is currently at, and some more, but I expect the reserve is way above my cut off. I would probably try to get the broken 5 speed for a few more dollars in the deal.

A long time ago I looked into bringing a Dinalpin in from Mexico, but it seemed the chance of actually getting the car were not 100%. Considered one from Texas, but by then prices were on the move out of my "toy" range.

Interesting as this Dinalpin is a similar spec to (but not quite as good as) the ex-Sam Calabro car (built by Ray Gecko) that sold at CTS a few weeks ago...asking price was $179K from memory.

Still stuck at US$30,000 with 2 days of bidding left. A few extra comments have been made with one guy keen to see a video of the engine running and the car driving.

Now at $33500 with 13 hours left, and with videos of the car driving, both inside and out. I am lost at the lack of monetary interest in this car. Dinalpins, particularly ones that have been converted to 1600 and restored quite well, like this one, are surely worth much more.

To bid on BringaTrailer you need to have 5% of bid amount in your card account. I am sure the reserve is way above where the bidding is currently and way above what I could/would pay, but is it worth a bid?

Yes Col, I find it interesting that there seems to be minimal interest money wise in this A110. The Dinalpin beginnings that big of a turn off? I would very happily have it for the $46K AUD it is currently at, and some more, but I expect the reserve is way above my cut off. I would probably try to get the broken 5 speed for a few more dollars in the deal.

A long time ago I looked into bringing a Dinalpin in from Mexico, but it seemed the chance of actually getting the car were not 100%. Considered one from Texas, but by then prices were on the move out of my "toy" range.
Now at $33500 with 13 hours left, and with videos of the car driving, both inside and out. I am lost at the lack of monetary interest in this car. Dinalpins, particularly ones that have been converted to 1600 and restored quite well, like this one, are surely worth much more.

To bid on BringaTrailer you need to have 5% of bid amount in your card account. I am sure the reserve is way above where the bidding is currently and way above what I could/would pay, but is it worth a bid?
Your chance to own an Alpine A110 Alan, I think this car is value for money. Will see what happens in the next 12 hours and who wants it the most.

But remember you will need to add at least AU$10,000 for freight and GST