205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?

Vic - I had a look at Classic #14 when it was for sale and recall that all of its stickers had been removed but there was one in the glove box. It's currently owned by "Rossi" on this forum. It might be worth contacting him - if the one he has is one of the larger ones from the side he might be prepared to do a swap??

Wow - looks great. The owners contacted me a while ago looking for details of the 'Classic' badges to recreate them. Looks like they succeeded. Perhaps Hicho can tell us more.

Yep, can assist!

This chap in the UK (Ian is his name) contacted me about badges as he was restoring Classic #27. He also has at least one other limited edition 205, a black one linked to a UK radio station from memory.

Really cool to have a Classic in the UK. Imagine what it will do for the prices of our cars!!! Haha!

Anyway, was working with him for a while regarding the badges as he had none. Sent him the graphics files I had made up but long story short ended up sending him a big and small badge for reference of size and colour. I was going on faith he would look after them and send them back, which he will.

The bonus is that he will be sending a few extra sets of stickers back to me as a thanks for helping out. Because let's face it, what's a classic without the stickers!!

Ill be hanging onto a couple of sets, but more than happy to pass extras out to those in need. They won't be free, but will be cheap. I just need to cover the costs for the graphics file I had made up a while ago and any printing fees on top of the ones for myself.

So so stay tuned Classic owners!

Sounds like a great outcome Hicho. Well done!

205gti Classic stickers

Gday all,

This IS the long awaited post about 'Classic' stickers!

I have recently received my original stickers back from the UK along with some repro stickers, and the result is....amazing!

They are a dead set match with only a slight colour variation, which I largely put down to sun fading the originals. But again, you would never ever tell the difference. To put it another way, I'm going to use the repro ones on my car!

Ok, so here is the deal on how you get some.

1. Be patient. I don't have enough spares for everyone so will need to have more made in the UK. This will take time.

2. I will charge you what they cost to be made in the UK, plus a few bucks to cover my overhead in having the original graphics file made up and postage costs. I'm not after making any profit out of this.

3. One complete set (2x large stickers & 1x small sticker) will cost you $50. If you want additional sets, they will cost $30 per additional set. So, two sets will cost $80 and three sets will cost $110.

4. This is a one time offer only. I will NOT be asking for additional sets to be made after this order has been submitted. So you might like to think about getting spare sets. Again, totally up to you and I'm not making a cent on any of this. Your call.

5. You don't have to give me cash until I have the stickers in Australia. But you do need to give me cash before I will post them to you!

6. This offer will be open for 2-3 weeks. This should give everyone who wants a set time to see this post and put in an order. But once the order is done, it's done. I'll let you know when that is, but it will be roughly 2-3 weeks from today!

7. Prices are subject to change (up and down). I have to deal with the exchange rate and the order number. More stickers means less cost to everyone, whereas fewer stickers means increased costs. Again, you will pay actual costs, and I don't imagine they will be vastly different to the above quote one way or another. But again, if you don't like the deal, don't buy em!

8. I have not used the repro stickers yet. My friend in the UK has with good results. The adhesive looks to be of a suitable quality, but I offer no warranty on the stickers at all.

If you have any questions, let me know, otherwise register your interest!

IMG_1571.jpgFullSizeRender.jpgIMG_1572.jpgFullSizeRender[1].jpgIMG_1576.jpgFullSizeRender[2].jpg

Last edited:
They look great. Well done. I will take two sets.

Once you place the order, how long do you think it will take to have them made and delivered to you in Aus?

Hi Hicho,
I'll also take two sets, but can I have a set now to put on my car for the upcoming Peugeot Pageant at Oberon? I'm happy to wait as long as it takes for the second set to turn up.

VC205 and RI88IT,

Have put you down for two sets each.

Not sure on how long they will take to make and ship as I'm dealing with another enthusiast in the UK, as opposed to direct with a shop. At a guess I'd say a month.

Last edited:
Saw a 205 GTi Classic in a mechanic's workshop in Christchurch today numbered 10/30. I guess that means #10 of 30 cars? I can ring the mechanic and get more info. The mechanic actually contacted me because he needed a dipstick tube (he broke the old one off in the block).

Saw a 205 GTi Classic in a mechanic's workshop in Christchurch today numbered 10/30. I guess that means #10 of 30 cars? I can ring the mechanic and get more info. The mechanic actually contacted me because he needed a dipstick tube (he broke the old one off in the block).

Sounds like another Classic in NZ apart from #7. Good to hear its still running.

Be interested to get the VIN :)

Thanks! I've updated the table at the start of this thread to note the sighting!

I think it's remarkable that through a relatively few people on this forum we can track such a high proportion of these cars. It's also fascinating how high the survival rate seems to be. I know there was also another in Adelaide that I could add if I had recorded its number...

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk

were there any more orders for the repro Classic badges?

Well, it will be three weeks tomorrow since posting the offer, so that being said, I'll place an order for a handful of badges by week's end.

That means you only have a couple days to make up your mind if you want some!

I have touched base with my UK contact and he is getting total price on the small run order and time.

Will let you all know more when I hear back.

Cheers!