205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?

Hi all,

Quick update- unfortunately I am still yet to hear back from the guy in the UK with the badges. Not sure what the story is I'm afraid.

Ill keep trying him and post an update when I know more.

Hi all,

Another update.

My my guy in the UK got back to me and said the minimum order will be 25 of each size sticker.

Currently I only have two of you wanting two sets each, so 8 big stickers and 4 small, not enough for the order.

So two options:

1. I can order 25 of each and you can split the cost between you and have plenty of stickers.
2. Between the couple sets I have and the guy in the UK has, we could sell you one set each.

Up to you guys. But please note if you decide not to order more, then I will need to arange the price with the guy in the UK for one of his sets, which may not be the same quote as I gave earlier.

Let me know and sorry for the hassles.

Cheers.

Thanks for update. Does he know that there are only 30 classics !

Somehow I ended up with two smalls and one big so only need one set. Option 2 works for me. I really only need one big.

No worries. That we can do with little trouble.

Ill check my my stickers on the weekend and get back to you.

Last edited:
I saw one being rescued by Ed China on Wheeler Dealers last year. I would have bought it.

My Pug Mechanic picked up a 206 GTI (180 bhp), for $750.00 Needed about $300.00 in parts.
Those in the trade know those in the trade.

Table at start of thread updated to show new home of No21 with Deltone in Perth

Checking back in with #30 of 30 here.

I want to get this back on the road, but my mechanical ability is limited. It's going to need a fair bit of work on the front end.

Who's the best in Sydney?

Honda CRV Classic

Looks like Honda decided to do a "Classic" model of their CRV too. Perhaps not as desirable as the 205 version?

Attachments

• CRV Classic.JPG
    CRV Classic.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 334
Wow - that sticker is awfully like the real Peugeot one...

I have updated the table on page 1 of this thread to reflect the purchase of Classic No9 by Cam85 from Walshy. I can't wait to go see it later today....

Maybe update either price of number 9 for $3000 for which it was up. For sale for in 2018.

Yes I am the lucky custodian!

Its rough and theres plenty of work to do. It was trying to change lanes on me driving it home.

Cant wait to get stuck in. Very excited

Lucky you, I saw this on the way home instants after it was posted:)

Thanks Guys

Yes it was a lucky find. Simon was happy for me to take it over and continue the resto. Im delighted and still cant believe Im in the Classic club. I thought I would never happen!

A big thanks to Rich who helped me make the decision in about 8 milliseconds....

Ill post up some photos later.

Cam

I saw this car this morning. I think it's a great project car. Everywhere you look there are things to do and parts to source, but none of them are so big as to be overwhelming - just lots of projects to work through, one at a time (or, knowing Cam, maybe two at a time) over the next year or two to bring the car back to original. And in the meantime it is good enough to be driven and enjoyed.

Couple of shots.

Gave it a wash while on the stands. Was crawling around underneath it to inspect what needs doing. All the usual stuff really!
All engine mounts are broken cracked and perished. Wishbone ball joints are dangerously worn out. Rear beam although having had a rebuild 8ish years ago is also full or rattles and noises. Exhaust is straight through and loud as! Etc etc.

Body is really good, its had new paint a few years ago. Its been parked under gum trees for ages and the paint really needs a cut back and a proper detail.

All the above parts are on order. Cant wait to get it driving right!

Attachments

• IMG_5042.jpg
    IMG_5042.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_5031.jpg
    IMG_5031.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_5032.jpg
    IMG_5032.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 252
  • IMG_5036.jpg
    IMG_5036.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 263
Couple of shots.

Gave it a wash while on the stands. Was crawling around underneath it to inspect what needs doing. All the usual stuff really!
All engine mounts are broken cracked and perished. Wishbone ball joints are dangerously worn out. Rear beam although having had a rebuild 8ish years ago is also full or rattles and noises. Exhaust is straight through and loud as! Etc etc.

Body is really good, its had new paint a few years ago. Its been parked under gum trees for ages and the paint really needs a cut back and a proper detail.

All the above parts are on order. Cant wait to get it driving right!

Wow, you must be pinching yourself!! Congrats that’s a lovely 205GTI [emoji106]

Looking great Cam. Welcome to the club!

looks very schmick- good luck with the tidy and build mate.

Just checking back in with No.27 in the UK. Its all good but isn't getting a lot of use at the moment. I'll get a couple of pics up in due course.

I have a couple of questions for you guys if thats ok:

Where does the jack live on the Classic? On the 1FM (which also has aircon) it fits under the passenger seat. But on the Classic there is doesn't seem to be the fitting there for it.

Was there a CD changer fitted to the car as either an option or as standard? Anyone know what make and model it is? And where it was located in the car?

If anyone knows of a correct Eurovox head unit up for sale please let me know. I bought one a while ago but I haven't got the code, and from what I have read, getting it unlocked is seeminlgy impossible.

Also wanted to mention that number 17 appears to have surfaced - in New Zealand. Two owners, 124k, nice condition but appears to be missing the stickers.

Check the following thread on a 205 facebook group.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/peugeot205.owners/permalink/1807694359287732/

Another one to add to the list on page one :)

I am also certain I remember reading many years ago (10-15 years ago, probably) about Classic No.1, probably on this forum, and it had been written off. The owner kept the numbered badge from the dash and had it in his 405 Mi16 for a while. But try as I might I cant find any saved links or anything similiar.

Rob