205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?

I think I see what you are saying, and the post edit BIGRR post did confuse me a little. My eye was caught more by how the sides of the backrest are all wrinkled like it's not fitting right so I guess you probably are right and they just haven't managed to get it to fit quite right.

A mate of mine had his Holden Rodeo jump-started by #18 in the eastern suburbs of Sydney last night....

I'm stoked how many of these cars we've been able to get leads on. I wonder whether the Classics, as the 'last of the line' version, have generally had an easier life than most 205s. Quite a few of them seem to be turning up with very low mileages. A disproportionate number of them also seeem to be in Sydney.

Did your mate say anything about what sort of condition #18 seemed to be in?

Mythology tells me that Paul and Laurie bought their 205's at the same time...

There's still another near Canberra (NSW registered) who's number I can't recall. He's in the PCC of NSW too.

Classic owners one and all. In the pursuit of having some "Classic" badges re-made, I engaged a graphics company to copy the original rear quarter panel "Classic" badge that I had when I bought the car. They have done a top notch job. I have now got a quote from a company to make them into the correct 'dome' or '3d' sticker, so as to be exactly like the original. The minimum order is 10, and the quote was for $458, or $90 per pair. Just wondering if there was any interest for a group buy. I don't really want to spend $458 for two stickers, and thought there may be others out there that might need some fresh ones, or replace missing items. (The attached pic isn't the actual file for printing obviously!!) classic.jpg

The guy with the other Classic at teh French Car Day was looking to commission some repro stickers to replace the ones missing from his car. I've emailed him asking for consent to pass on his details to you.

Cheers
Richard

The guy with the other Classic at teh French Car Day was looking to commission some repro stickers to replace the ones missing from his car. I've emailed him asking for consent to pass on his details to you.

Cheers
Richard
Thanks Richard. Appreciate it.

I didn't realise it was soo dear for stickers!!I got my 2 sat in the draw in the garage ready to go on car

Yes, #12 currently residing in NSW. 101,235km. Owners since 2006. Purchased from Lebanese cab driver in Sydney. Pics from Young(2012) and Wodonga (2013) Easter Peugeot Pageants ('bout time some more 205s turned up to Pageants people !!!) 006.jpgb.jpg

Last edited:
Looks tidy put some more piccys up!! Rallye stickers on grill are different!!

Yes, #12 currently residing in NSW. Owners since 2006. Purchased from indian cab driver in Sydney (go figure).

Excellent! Looks great! It looks like it is in lovely condition (though the Rallye stickers perhaps not to my taste, and you should contact Hicho to join his project to commission some reproductions of the side 'Classic' stickers). Post some photos and tell us more about it! And whereabouts in NSW are you?

I have now updated the table to include #12 and #18.

Getting there slowly with all of em Richard :)

Hicho
I would like to be a partner in your manufacturing of 205 gti CLASSIC badges
I have no 11
thanks wetsleeve

Righto,

so 'Classic' badges are as follows:
- hicho x2
- wetsleeve x2
- one other possible x2

Need two more takers and that will take care of the ten minimum order.

Tried other companies and they were worse, 500 minimum or 100 minimum order. So $90 for 2x stickers is about as good as it gets!

I'll grab a set as well. Just want to know isn't there meant to be three of these. One on each side and one on the tailgate?
If this is the case, I'll have 3 please.
Simon
#9/30

Sent from my GT-I9505 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Update Richard!!

OK - table now updated to add Walshy's car. We've now accounted for over half of the 30. I think it is weird how most of the cars are turning up in and around Sydney, and not one car confirmed currently in Melbourne. Come on Melbournians - where are your Classics??