205 GTI 'Classics' - Where are they now?

Classic 14 of 30 found alive and well....

I've just updated the details for Classic #14 in the register at the start of this thread.

JR20516V had previously advised that this car had been written off after he sold it. To quote JR, he came to that conclusion because "I purchased a full leather set from a Gold Coast wrecker who told me it came from a green low klm 205. My buyer came from the Gold Coast so i put 2 and 2 together....i was actually buying the seats back from my ex-car !!! That was only a few months after i sold."

However, #14 has now turned up for sale: http://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/detail/cars/cars/peugeot/205/210038

JR has kept details of VIN etc of his old car so a bit of correspondence with JR and a photo of the compliance plate from the current owner have confirmed that the car currently for sale is indeed JR's old car (Sept 93 build and May 94 compliance, not 1992 as advertised). The guy who purchased from JR must have just decided that he preferred half leather to the full leather interior and done a deal with a wrecker to do a swap! So if you want a low mileage Classic with non-original interior there's one for sale at the moment in the Shoalhaven district....

Richard, this car is advertised as completely original, so apart from the date and seats I wonder what else has been forgotten..

.price reasonable on the face of it?

14 of 30

HiI recently purchased classic 14 of 30. I am just wondering if anyone on this Forum would happen to know where the original seats are from the car?Thanks Luke.

HiI recently purchased classic 14 of 30. I am just wondering if anyone on this Forum would happen to know where the original seats are from the car?Thanks Luke.

Hi Luke.

Congratulations on your purchase. I believe the seats from your car have recently been installed in this beastie: http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/peugeot-forum/111912-drove-205-ct-first-time-today-holy-shite.html

However, there was nothing unique about the seats in the Classic. If you can find any of the optional leather seats from an s3 they will match what was in your car originally. What might be harder to find will be the correct door cards - these should have the red strip at the top and the grey carpet section below. I think the Classics were the only model with these door cards sold in Australia.

Cheers
Richard

Yeah its a shame rear beam is knackered and various oils leaks on the engine (I rang the seller up) and he is now bidding it up himself lol

Yeah he was bidding it up himself got to $9k he then retracted his bids or the other bid did so he reatracted his... So dodgy either way!! it sold for $3650!!

3650 is quite cheap... that car looks mightily clean, even for a shitty engine and knackered rear

Table at the start of this thread updated for the appearance of #23. That's now 17 of the 30 accounted for...

Here is another:

Saw add this week, For Sale "205 GTi Classic, limited edition 1994, 28 of 30, Mayerling Green. Done about 132,000km. Registered to June 2016" Sydney (Word is it's a one owner car?).

Here is another:

Saw add this week, For Sale "205 GTi Classic, limited edition 1994, 28 of 30, Mayerling Green. Done about 132,000km. Registered to June 2016" Sydney (Word is it's a one owner car?).

Inspected Number 28 Classic this morning. As far as I am concerned it has done a genuine 132,000km. Needs paint (repaint) to bonnet, roof and hatch, also minorish leather work.

Purchase price + about $3k would see this become a top car (maybe concourse).

I could not justify purchase of the vehicle and driving it around with my head tilted to one side (Sun roof & boofhead)!

The car was advertised in the NSW Pugilist (Peugeot Car Club NSW magazine).

The car is still for sale.

Attachments

• DSC02806.jpg
    DSC02806.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 381
  • DSC02810.jpg
    DSC02810.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 381
Last edited:
Soooo tempting...... just too many toys now :-(

Thanks BIGRR.

It's curious that both this car #28 and also #29, both have 'Build Dates' of Sept 1993, yet were 'assembled' in Jan 1994.

Inspected Number 28 Classic this morning. As far as I am concerned it has done a genuine 132,000km. Needs paint (repaint) to bonnet, roof and hatch, also minorish leather work.

Purchase price + about $3k would see this become a top car (maybe concourse)

I have now updated the table at the start of this post to add Classic Number 28. The car now has a new owner who intends to get it sorted mechanically and then hopefully respray it and return it to full glory in the longer term.

I was SO tempted to buy this myself, but eventually logic prevailed - one project car that I can't get to finishing is probably enough for the moment. So I ended up passing it on to a guy who missed out on buying my Classic when I sold it and who has kept in touch since.

Last edited:
Wow - looks great. The owners contacted me a while ago looking for details of the 'Classic' badges to recreate them. Looks like they succeeded. Perhaps Hicho can tell us more.

Hi all. #27 seems to be living a nice life now!! I just picked up #28 after being pointed towards it by Richard (thanks Richard!!). Lots to do on it but should come up good. Will be in need of some of those "Classic" badges (even though they are my least favourite part of the car). At the moment I have two small and one big (but I need two big and one small). If anyone has any spares from previous purchase or would like to swap, let me know. Otherwise will need to get hold of the details on how to get these re-made early next year.