1969 DS21 BVH restoration

The Michelin XVS tires have been purchased from Longstones in UK and the wheels have been sprayed in 2 pack. A new windscreen has been fitted recently and the roof is good to go, it has been resealed not so long ago.

The inner carpet kit is yet to be sourced if anyone knows where please let me know.

All stainless bumpers, hub cups, aluminum disk brakes tunnels and radiator shroud have been polished by Alby in Silverwater and I will keep him busy again shortly.

Right; the time has come to start on the body and organize the new duco I am in liaison with Schenk and will speak to him Saturday week

Only the rear guards will stay on the car, the rest of the panels will be replaced, I have managed to find a set of brand news original Citroen doors with original P/n labels still attached to them possibly the only set left in the world, a brand new bonnet stored in Gosford for many years never fitted on a car before.

Only one issue one of the door is a lift handle type so I will convert the door by welding a plate over the opening and re-dril the holes in their respective location. Refer pictures.

I also have a very good set of front guards and an aluminum boot lid making rust repairs on the body basically non existent but will required a lot of panel adjustment.

DSC_0628.jpg
DSC_0630.jpg
DSC_0629.jpg
clip_image002.jpg
DSC_0633.jpg
citroen 007.jpg
citroen 004.jpg
100_3556.jpg
citroen 005.jpg
citroen 006.jpg

Attachments

• DSC_0634.jpg
    DSC_0634.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 565
Uh...... just noticed this aussie frog little thread you have here nice one Dad

My contribution of a pair of front wings rust free and from the same year model as the BVH was stuffed in a hunkadai i30 this afternoon hope they made it safely

Uh...... just noticed this aussie frog little thread you have here nice one Dad

My contribution of a pair of front wings rust free and from the same year model as the BVH was stuffed in a hunkadai i30 this afternoon hope they made it safely

Good on you son! Your front wings are very serviceable and better then the one I have, one of the wing will need some spot welding but overall in good rust free order, will post pics shortly
Took the car to Schenk on Saturday and discussed the paint requirement I am now waiting for the final quotation (Scary) and time slot to start the job

Cant wait to see this Goddess taking all the trophies home mwahahahaha

Follow up
The car has been dropped last night at the panel beater's workshop; the color has been selected the roof will be removed to ensure all surrounding edges are well covered with the 2Pak paint; the estimated completion time is 2.5 months. I will post pictures at various stages to show the progress. I will need to follow the work very closely being the first time for the panel beater to work on a D. yes I’m a bit nervous this will a real challenge for this guy as there is a lot of work to be done.

My current 1969 DS21 BVH restoration

Just a quick update
All panels have been sprayed inside and out and ready for re-assembling, the color looks magic changing from blue to grey light dependent. I'm very happy with the quality so far, the spray painter is very good and understanding. Here are some pictures

IMG_1279.jpg
IMG_1280.jpg
IMG_1264.jpg
IMG_1255.jpg
IMG_1256.jpg
IMG_1262.jpg
IMG_1260.jpg

Last edited:
They look amazing ... the fun bit will be getting the bloody thing back together with the panel fit even remotely "close to right" .................... without scratching the sh!t out of your fresh shiny panels :eek:

seeya,
Shane L.

Hi Shane
Shouldn't be too much of an issue as all panels have been carefully aligned prior painting. This car is full of adjustment and relatively easy to align just time and patience is the essence

Last edited:
You should be set if it was all done prior to paint :) Especially if all the adjustment plates are labelled and set aside. I've never had much success trying to adjust 'D' bodies myself :( I think the problem is I"m usually messing around with crap panels that never fitted in the first place!

seeya,
Shane L.

Well all adjustment plates from the doors had to be removed and the reason being the 4 new doors fitted just didnt match the original adjustment. I did the same with the last black DSuper that I have restored removed all door hinge plates and started from scratch. You can imagine 40 year old doors have been damaged at some time in their life and realigned to suit

1969DS21 BVH restoration

Well all adjustment plates from the doors had to be removed and the reason being the 4 new doors fitted just didnt match the original adjustment. I did the same with the last black DSuper that I have restored removed all door hinge plates and started from scratch. You can imagine 40 year old doors have been damaged at some time in their life and realigned to suit

very very cool, love the dash board. looking forward to seeing the completed car.

Stunning and the new colour is lovely. I just had some major work one by Schenks. Alan does the paint and he has a traction for sale on Aussiefrogs for sale. A lovely old car that I think is a bargain. I'm keen to see it finished too. Very well done. Chris M

Stunning and the new colour is lovely. I just had some major work one by Schenks. Alan does the paint and he has a traction for sale on Aussiefrogs for sale. A lovely old car that I think is a bargain. I'm keen to see it finished too. Very well done. Chris M

The color is not a Citroen one but if you're gone pay that much for a new duco you may as well pick the one you like I tried Schenks but not available until August so I picked someone else "Cest la vie"

If we had a prize for photos of wiring nightmares, you might just win I'd say.

Great thread and by the look of it, a wonderful DS will emerge from its crysallis. Looks wonderful so far.

If we had a prize for photos of wiring nightmares, you might just win I'd say.

Great thread and by the look of it, a wonderful DS will emerge from its crysallis. Looks wonderful so far.

Hi John
This is my last DS Restoration and thus the reason why I choose this particular BVH model the DS69 a beautiful car indeed quite rare now. the wiring nightmare was quickly overcome with a new harness bought form Germany easily fitted; color coded and each end numbered also supplied with a circuit diagram. the best pleasing part being to remove the old harness from its location.
the car panels are being reassembled as we speak more pics to come soon.