1969 DS21 BVH restoration

Le Parisian

Fellow Frogger
100_2599.jpg

Has anyone got the wiring diagram of this beautiful job - Always best to start from scratch and remove all of these wires to avoid potential engine bay fires

100_3494.jpg

After a few months of hard work its starting to look much better - I know its not the original air Horn but I like it its compact and very very loud
I have a good collection of pictures taken at various stages. the engine and gear box fortunately are in excellent order with good compression. the chassis is free from any rust. I have replaced all of the Hydraulic components yes "all of them" and the pump now cycles at 52 seconds. I have replaced the electrical harness ordered from Germany and the dash board has been re-skinned by the dash doctor in Melbourne. There is still a million things to do
100_2652.jpg
100_2912.jpg
100_2887.jpg
100_2893.jpg
100_3533.jpg

Attachments

• 100_2598.jpg
    100_2598.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 731
Last edited:
Great work! what a transformation. Please share some more photos of the work you have done. Looks like quite a lot of elbow grease has gone into the ducting! Love to see the rest of the car

The dash was broken into two pieces and deformed above the speedo it was removed and re skinned by the dash Doctor in Victoria amazing results. The inner material of the glove box restored by a company in Penrith

100_2776.jpg
100_2777.jpg
100_2778.jpg
100_2779.jpg
100_2781.jpg
100_2783.jpg
100_2784.jpg
100_3480.jpg
100_2782.jpg

Dash looks fantastic - great to know that there are professionals that can produce this type of work - sounds like the people who did Richo's dash from memory.
What are your plans for the seats?
BF

Dash looks fantastic - great to know that there are professionals that can produce this type of work - sounds like the people who did Richo's dash from memory.
What are your plans for the seats?
BF

I have bought a complete set of Black leather seat inserts including door cards from Citro-classique in the Netherlands; the leather is thick and quite soft with the original double stitching. I m very happy with the quality the cost 1800Euro.
The current seats covers have gone hard and brittle the rear seat is not too bad

DSC_0035.jpg
DSC_0034.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg
004.jpg

Fantastic, did you rebuild the rack and centrifugal regulator yourself :confused: I'd love to see the "inside" of them :)

Fantastic, did you rebuild the rack and centrifugal regulator yourself :confused: I'd love to see the "inside" of them :)

I was contemplating in rebuilding some of the hydraulic components by just buying the repair kits but decided to buy rebuild and pre-tested units from Citroworld this way you just fit them back in with hopefully no worries. The steering rack was rebuilt by Roger in SA again you need the right tooling for this job.

the drive shafts have cleaned removed and both rubber boots replaced

Nice! All of the late driveshafts here have torn boots. Did you press the star off.... or manage by some miracle to stretch boots over it...... with early shafts I ended up cutting the boots and gluing them back together :eek:

seeya,
Shane L.

Nice! All of the late driveshafts here have torn boots. Did you press the star off.... or manage by some miracle to stretch boots over it...... with early shafts I ended up cutting the boots and gluing them back together :eek:

seeya,
Shane L.

Its easy to remove the end of the drive shaft (3 pins) I have down this exercise many times simply remove the circlips and use a pulley extractor which can be purchased from super cheap and Bingo its off

100_2845.jpg

Both engine mounts, gearbox rubbers, brake caliper o-rings, hydraulic hoses and o-rings, all have been replaced
The time has come to temporary refit the guards to check the new harness functionality, re-start the engine and bleed to whole system.

100_2937.jpg
100_2927.jpg

All good, Everything works as it should. Test driven the car only required a couple of adjustment and the new clutch needs to be imbedded in

Time to install the new 123 distributor and new coils possibly this week-end