1969 DS21 BVH restoration

That does look amazing, great to see such a beautiful car rebirthed. Well done!

:)

Thank you Michael ;cant wait for your DS to be completed it will be another success back on the road I have been following your progress and honestly you are doing a tremendous job "more pictures please". BTW I have ordered a complete set of carpet in grey including the foam sections that goes under the front and rear mats from Citro-classique NL. Will see how this goes
Cheers

Last edited:
This weekend I have removed the tow bar and fitted new mud flaps to the rear of the vehicle and under the front guards and added a new tire strap to the spare wheel. I have received the new insulation for the under bonnet and I hate doing this job

IMG_1508.jpg
DS 004.jpg
IMG_1502.jpg
IMG_1503.jpg
IMG_1506.jpg
IMG_1504.jpg

Last edited:
This weekend I have removed the tow bar and fitted new mud flaps to the rear of the vehicle and under the front guards and added a new tire strap to the spare wheel. I have received the new insulation for the under bonnet and I hate doing this job

Loving the detail, lovely work :)
Question, did your rear mudflaps come with the metal straps already fixed? They appear to have the correct rivets? Rather than pop rivets that you have used elsewhere in fixing.

Great thread I have really enjoyed your (rapid) progress :)

Cheers
Chris

Loving the detail, lovely work :)
Question, did your rear mudflaps come with the metal straps already fixed? They appear to have the correct rivets? Rather than pop rivets that you have used elsewhere in fixing.

Great thread I have really enjoyed your (rapid) progress :)

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris

Yes the mudflaps come with the metal straps already fixed and with the correct rivets and all necessary stainless steel plates for the remaining flaps. I bought the complete set from Citroworld.
Thank you for the compliment
I believe in paying attention to details which is what makes the car standout
Cheers

Last edited:
1969 DS21 restoraton

Finally received the carpet kit from citro-classique . Looks OK! well finished, reasonably good quality dark grey as ordered with clips to secure to the floor of course bloody expensive. Question is who will install the kit?
IMG_1535.jpg
IMG_1534.jpg
IMG_1533.jpg
IMG_1537.jpg
IMG_1536.jpg

Finally the car has been dropped at the upholstery for its final interior make over Cant wait to see the final result
IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg
IMG_1787.jpg
IMG_1779.jpg
IMG_1781.jpg
IMG_1784.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1783.jpg
    IMG_1783.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:
Looking resplendent if not a little undignified on the back of the flatbed Phillipe :wink2:

That colour looks superb out in the light of day, yes I bet you will count down the days waiting for her return all trimmed and fresh inside. Look forward to the pictures and one day perhaps seeing the car in the flesh :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Looking resplendent if not a little undignified on the back of the flatbed Phillipe :wink2:

That colour looks superb out in the light of day, yes I bet you will count down the days waiting for her return all trimmed and fresh inside. Look forward to the pictures and one day perhaps seeing the car in the flesh :wink2:

Cheers
Chris

Sadly the great unwashed (in LHM) public driving past would have thought "Ah look, anuvver one of them stoopid Sitruns broken down" etc etc.

Car is looking great.

1969 ds21 bvh

Well the car is fully registered and did drive on and off the tilt tray on her own steam very impressed with the tow truck lady Michelle she knew all about the Citroen suspension I'm highly recommending her services (Towing services that is) and also very affordable. I could have driven the car to Dural but needed a lift back home thus the reason for the towing. the car is now in the hands of Lewis Moore; Lewis works on his own and is located in Dural and has been trained by the best "Craig from Seven Hills" he actually remembers one of my Ds that Craig did for me during his time. the next jobs are to fit the 123 Electronic ignition and reconditioned the carby and I'm waiting for my reconditioned sphere kit, front and back from Pleiades with dumpers of course'. I have ordered new rear pallas tail lights, rear retractable seat belts, rear shoe brakes which should arrive anytime from Netherlands. the job is neither finished will post pictures when car returns
IMG_1765.jpg
IMG_1771.jpg
IMG_1761.jpg
IMG_1768.jpg
IMG_1760.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1762.jpg
    IMG_1762.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 664
  • IMG_1764.jpg
    IMG_1764.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 612
Last edited:
Heavy breathing.
Ooh.
Ahhh.
Ooh.
Ahhh.
Ooh.
Ahh.

Doing the Daffyduck dance with the Aussiefrogs app. wooohooo wooohooo wooohooo

Hi
Just a quick update, well Josephine is still with the trimmer its taking a lot longer then expected "not happy Jane" its really hard to get a good tradesman these days.
In the mean time here is a few bits and pieces just received from QLD and NL and more to come, new high corrector . new heater valve and special tools for the DS
Cheers

IMG_1895.jpg
IMG_1899.jpg

"the car is now in the hands of Lewis Moore; Lewis works on his own and is located in Dural and has been trained by the best "Craig from Seven Hills" he actually remembers one of my Ds that Craig did for me during his time".

phillipe
the car is looking great and the time and effort is huge, as for the interior, i guess its a balance of patience and cost because ther are a lot of component to any DS and especially a pallas. looking forward to viewing the completed car.

Phillipe's car is a cracker, I had a look at it in August and I think it must be one of the nicest D's in Oz, beautiful work : )

"the car is now in the hands of Lewis Moore; Lewis works on his own and is located in Dural and has been trained by the best "Craig from Seven Hills" he actually remembers one of my Ds that Craig did for me during his time".

phillipe
the car is looking great and the time and effort is huge, as for the interior, i guess its a balance of patience and cost because ther are a lot of component to any DS and especially a pallas. looking forward to viewing the completed car.

Surely that would be the late Greg from Seven Hills. As our club librarian would tell you, there is a difference between Craig and Greg - except to Americans.

Ds21bvh restauration

Surely that would be the late Greg from Seven Hills. As our club librarian would tell you, there is a difference between Craig and Greg - except to Americans.
I stand corrected "Greg it is" my mistake Greg was a great guy he was a master in trimming I just which he could have done my last DS interior.

new to Aussi Frogs

Really impressed with the resto job. also got a 69 DS with similar dash although mine don't look quite so good yet!

My wiring loom all shot away - seems insulation on 69 models not good. I need to replace mine - just wondered where in Germany you got replacement and how much

cheers

Banger1

new to Aussi Frogs

Really impressed with the resto job. also got a 69 DS with similar dash although mine don't look quite so good yet!

My wiring loom all shot away - seems insulation on 69 models not good. I need to replace mine - just wondered where in Germany you got replacement and how much

cheers

Banger1

Hi from Australia
Good to see there are more 69 DS around, my dash was reconditioned by a company in Victoria called "the dash doctor" this guy has repaired a few of the 69 dashes and his work is excellent.
The harness come from Christian Fahrig <christian@s209697785.online.de> from Germany his web site Scheinwerfer I believe I paid 360 Euro including shipping to Australia that was about 2 years ago his work is excellent he provides the harness with a circuit diagram. Send him an email in english or French is OK make sure you tell him about your car model, number of fuses and indicate if left or right hand drive. the 69 D harnesses were particularly bad the plastic insulation used during that period being of very poor quality possibly due to cost cutting.
I hope this help please send some pictures of your 69 restoration
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi
I’m looking for the small white plastic insert that clips in the front radiator ducting and basically holds the cable used to control the swiveling lights. refer to attached picture

Can anyone help? Happy to pay for it
Cheers

Silver.jpg