604...is it the coolest euro ever made...

There is nothing worse than a car that screams for attention. It says a lot about the driver, which is why i hate driving the damiler around the city

It is a cliche, but it doesn't get much better than this for me. No bullshit - just practical and fun. They have become far too trendy, which is ironic and sad.

4073144041_f7e9dcceab.jpg

just like to point out that is only practical if you have a raging creek between you and work or wherever you have to go !

you cant tell me that the stopping distance is better on bitumen for avoiding kids, the handling is better or the ride better on bitumen.

dont get me wrong, its a great car but you are flying a few strange ideas if you think lime green wheels and 16 driving lights are somehow more purist or practical.

just like to point out that is only practical if you have a raging creek between you and work or wherever you have to go !

I do! I'm certain a SWB Land rover has been in it too. :D

Around here series Land Rovers fall into the "so shit it's cool" category. They are pretty pathetic off road and even worse on it.

Here's a friend of mine's paddock basher, it's a S2 with a Holden 202 in it, there is about a foot of strait pipe from the exhaust manifold and that's it. One of the best sounding vehicles I've ever heard. :D

Tell me if you can see the video or not. No it didn't ever make it up the dune. :roflmao:

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1593422963368

It's VERY cool in it's own way. :D

Thanks

Hayden

that could be considered a bit harsh - after all, what fun would it be if everyone expressed themselves the same way.

personally i always like ratty different things - that bm looks like a laugh and from the above assertion means that i would have to be deficient in something to be happy to drive it.

personally when i see a modded / loud looking car i generally think it says the driver likes playing with and modding cars. i fail to see how that can be a bad thing, it's their / my bag.

In the real world "cool" cars only impress 17 year old guys and car nerds.

I am a massive car nerd, make no mistake... there is nothing cool about that BM though. I can't think of a more embarrassing car to be seen in.

I don't think modified cars are ever cool. They are for car nerds, which by definition aren't cool people... sadly.

All i am saying is the definitions here are a bit off. I think Dino has the right idea though - the 604 is french chic, comfortable and interesting without being ostentatious or highlighting trouser deficiencies.

I remember 604's quite well and in there day they were called many things but never cool.

We used to refere them as "Peugeot by Buick"

While sorting out our shelves I've found quite a lot of 604 parts like lights, grilles etc and even a couple of engines.

I remember 604's quite well and in there day they were called many things but never cool.

We used to refere them as "Peugeot by Buick"

While sorting out our shelves I've found quite a lot of 604 parts like lights, grilles etc and even a couple of engines.

only a couple of motors ??? I thought all 604 owners had dozens of motors .................... The only thing missing is a motor that actually works so they can drive there car :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

CX owners are usually the same ..... dozens of motors all over the place....... before they finally realise they'll never break or wear out the motor in the car, let alone the dozen working motors clogging up the shed .... so they start throwing them out :).............. Maybe we should donate some to 604 owners ??

seeya,
Shane L,.

I don't think modified cars are ever cool. They are for car nerds, which by definition aren't cool people... sadly..

Not always so. Depends on the donor and very much depends on if the mods are bling or race.
A raced modified street car is cool, a bling street car is gay.

Down the road is the coolest 911 outside the mechanics strip.
Probably a 1970's model so no crap whale tail or VW wannnabe flairs.
It is full race, crap yellow rollered on paint, full roll cage, proper race tyres on porsche rims, not super wide bling crap, and it is the coolest cat on the block, followed closely by the orange 911 next to it which must be a back up car.

I dont think many of the later model (post 80) 911's are cool but this pair could be called Kelvin 1 and kelvin 11 they are so cool.

Jo

In the real world "cool" cars only impress 17 year old guys and car nerds.

Geez mate, watch who your talking about! :roflmao:

I'm both of those, how stereotyped does that make me? :blackeye:

I do however agree with you 100%. :blackeye:

Thanks

Hayden

No Ferrari ever used that engine.

No ferrari used that engine, but the fiat dino did use a ferrari

FiatDino.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Dino

... well i thought it was interesting :p

*edit*I should defend the beema because i put it there, the reason why that car is embarrisingly cool is because it goes against the grain, its a statement, its outrages, its over the top, its unique,its rebellious, its rock and roll. Nothing is cooler than that... until it gets copied over and over again like the hellaflush movement. Well thats my bs line :p

Last edited:
There was a really nice one in a recent retro cars taht had been hotted up a bit, ill see if i can find a picture.
*edit* best picture i could find
27.jpg

No ferrari used that engine, but the fiat dino did use a ferrari

FiatDino.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_Dino

... well i thought it was interesting :p

*edit*I should defend the beema because i put it there, the reason why that car is embarrisingly cool is because it goes against the grain, its a statement, its outrages, its over the top, its unique,its rebellious, its rock and roll. Nothing is cooler than that... until it gets copied over and over again like the hellaflush movement. Well thats my bs line :p

THAT is not just cool... it is seriously sexy. Women will get pregnant just walking past that. Oh yeah... 604's are cool too.

It must be noted...I dont believe the 604 is sexy...I think sexy and cool are two completely different qualities...Is there a car that is both and still cooler than 604..I dont know...

But I do not post to talk about sexy cars...I post to mention sexy girls admiring the cool 604...:wink2:

I was coming back from the factory last night (been working hard on the merc restos)..'twas about 11 pm and as I was approaching a Macdonalds i realized all I had for dinner was beer and top gear...you say "whats wrong with that?"...not much except my stomach was demanding something and since my ever so unreliable wife (when it comes to food and cooking) I m sure hadnt prepared anything..I thought what the hell....

So I drive in and park the car with that flare and style that was only seen in 70s movies like Hawaii 5 0--- you know where the car stops half an inch away from the steel barrier (in my case a harmless shrub but style and flare still stays relevant)...Anyway...I walk out and as I head towards the door i notice a "hot" blonde (sitting in the passenger side of a vy ute-red- whose driver is chatting to another driver parked next to him...)...Anyway I see that she is checking out the 604...I walk up to the Mcdonalds door and see it is closed...must do the drive thru thing...bugger...am not looking cool at all so i turn around...and what do I see then...The girl had gotten out of the car and was taking a peek at the 604...trying to work out what the hell it is (my guess)...then she notices me walking back...gives me a smile that would melt half the Greenland (possibly mellow Yasi to category 1)...I give her that European wink only us Europeans can do...as she gets in I hear her say something like(time for me to make shit up-well atleast i think she said that): "cool ol' car"...I get in and reverse with same style and flare I entered the car park...very very cool...

:cheers:

dino

Personally the 604 is cool in the same as the (equally as ugly, well almost) XD falcon! The are both simply not cool! they don't event look good! Coolness is about appearence. It has to look cool for you to want to drive it. When you drive it you realise how cool it really is

...ahhhh...an upside down V8...who wants that in a car... :D :wink2:

dino

yes...its a cool car...can I buy one on ebayski.comski for a few K...no! :roflmao:

good try though....

Personally the 604 is cool in the same as the (equally as ugly, well almost) XD falcon! The are both simply not cool! they don't event look good! Coolness is about appearence. It has to look cool for you to want to drive it. When you drive it you realise how cool it really is

Dude...considering you drive an mi16...'tis strange, what you say...obviously appearances can be deceiving...
But I see you live in Kyneton...is that a suburb of Melbourne?... You know, your location tells me that you haven t the faintest what cool is...I am sorry but your locale disqualifies you...shit man, why not move to werebee or broadmeadows...maybe even coburg...not cool.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

:wink2:

dino

Dude...considering you drive an mi16...'tis strange, what you say...obviously appearances can be deceiving...
But I see you live in Kyneton...is that a suburb of Melbourne?... You know, your location tells me that you haven t the faintest what cool is...I am sorry but your locale disqualifies you...shit man, why not move to werebee or broadmeadows...maybe even coburg...not cool.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

dino

Just to let you know :nownow: Kyneton is half way between melboune and bendigo. A country town with the population of about 8,000. I'm a bumpkin and hate the red neck utes. (that makes me slightly cooler) I live here because I'm cool enough to get out of uncool melbourne!
We live on 5 acres so if i liked 604's (uncool) I could store heaps of them (cool)!
In kyneton the people are nice and don't beep at you for doing a reverse park in the middle of town, all they do is wait, and if you stuff it up they wait some more. That makes Kyneton a cool place!:dance:

Now starting on my 405's ay? They don't stand out as an ugly car and drive great, and they make me smile when ever driving one! Also they have cool stuff like great aircon, remote central locking etc! Also one of mine is lowered thats pretty cool!!
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Cheers Chris!