Car Care Products

Autosol polish is very good and a small tube lasts a long time.

Autoglym make good products - their rubber cleaner is very effective and the super-resin polish brings out a good shine for relatively little effort on a sound surface.

If you are dealing with neglected leather then you will want to clean and condition it separately - don't think you can do it with a one application product as it will not work very well. I've tried a few products over the years. I found Connolly's hide food left a sticky mess on the surface, but I understand they went into receivership. Avoid anything with silicone in it as you do not want to seal the surface - it needs to breath. Likewise, beeswax is a bad idea. Straight Neatsfoot oil has a reputation for leaving a greasy residue and sometimes darkening some leathers. Lexol have a modified neatsfoot oil product that may be worth investigating. Suede and aniline leathers require special consideration and care though. Always test any product you plan to use on a small and unobtrusive spot.

My preference is to use Gliptone's 'pH neutral' cleaner to get the dirt off the surface of neglected car seat leather (I quite like their Liquid Leather conditioner too) and then feed it with Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil to improve it. See www.leatherique.com No conditioner will give instant results - it usually takes time and repeated applications.

Among others, in Sydney, Geoff Sara of Jagara Spares (Yes Jaguar parts) should carry the Gliptone products. That's where I got the last bottle about 18 months ago.
51 Captain Cook Drive
Caringbah, NSW 2229
Tel: (02) 9708-0521
Fax: (02) 9708-0523

Leatherique products (Cleaner, conditioner oil, crack fillers, dyes and prepping agents), can be obtained from John Postle ...
LEATHERIQUE of AUSTRALIA (Distributor) Ask for John
The number is +61 2 9880 9911. This is the phone/fax.
Leatherique Australasia Pty Ltd
email: jackpos@optusnet.com.au
Postal address:
Leatherique Australasia Pty Ltd
PO Box 383 Lindfield NSW 2070
Australia

I am about to buy $270.00 worth of stuff from concoursecarcare.com.au and thought, just before i do, I should ask if anyone has used the p21s line of products.

Any thoughts on the P21s wax and cleaners or the Klasse all in one stuff? (in addition to whats been said) Im going to clean well then seal using the Klasse all in one + the klasse glaze, then hit it with the P21s carnuba wax.

any help helps! :D

thanks

bigbadbyrnes said:
I am about to buy $270.00 worth of stuff from concoursecarcare.com.au and thought, just before i do, I should ask if anyone has used the p21s line of products.

Any thoughts on the P21s wax and cleaners or the Klasse all in one stuff? (in addition to whats been said) Im going to clean well then seal using the Klasse all in one + the klasse glaze, then hit it with the P21s carnuba wax.

any help helps! :D

thanks

That's a very good combination

Im getting the stuff organised now - when I do get it and spend a good day in my garage applying the many layers of stuff there is to apply (clean twice, clay pack, polish, a couple of layers of klasse all in one, then a few layers of klasse glaze, then a few layers of wax) ill see if i can manage to get some before and after pics using my digital camera and post them to this thread...:cheers:

we'll see how i go. :) :)

Sounds great. I'd recommend a wash after the clay though. I know it adds more time, but the clay leaves a yukky residue behind.

I'd also ensure that at least one of those washes is with washing detergent and warm water...actually both with warm water. Works sooooooo much better.

There's not much point doing multiple layers of Klasse All in One (AIO), as you'll be removing whatever you just put on! (its a cleaner)
So 1 layer of AIO & a few of Sealant.

i'd also suggest getting 4 (yes 4) purple microfibre polishing cloths... (great after clay, removes residue linc was talking about)
Its also best to moisten the cloths slightly before trying to remove Klasse, as its a B*TCH & if you spray em once or twice with a spray bottle it'll work 10 times better!

Maybe also try a Meg's terry towel clotch, as its a bit more coarse & might cut through the white residue better (i will try this next time).

Good luck & i hope to see it driving round Alstonville when i visit the Grandparents!

The Meg's microfibres are a bit overrated and very expensive. I get mine from waxwizard and am very happy with them.

Whatever detergent is fine... Dawn or Palmolive or whatever. It doesn't really matter, it just ensures that any oil is off your car, along with any product that will be broken down by a detergent.

nate said:
There's not much point doing multiple layers of Klasse All in One

yea, more layers of glaze is what i meant. I'll pretty much follow the advice from the bettercarcare.com article on 'The Perfect Shine'.

Check this:
Once perfectly polished, your paint is ready to be sealed. For this I use a product that's been protecting my cars since 1987, Klasse All-In-One. The Klasse acrylic formula has proven its quality to me again and again. Klasse All-In-One is a one-step acrylic resin that cleans, lightly polishes and protects paint with a durable acrylic finish. If you wish to apply additional Klasse acrylic protection, you can apply one or more coats of Klasse Sealant Glaze. Klasse Sealant Glaze does not contain cleaners; it is a pure acrylic sealant. Additional layers of Klasse Sealant Glaze will increase protection and finish depth.

Also, have a look at this pic - seeing that makes me wish i brought a black 172 :)
http://autopia.org/gallery/data/500/2805reflections_8-6-02_better_for_cardomain_re-sized_sm-med.jpg

That is bloody incredible.

alloy polished wheels

what is the best product to clean my polised 15' 205 rims of brake dust and general road grime. im of the oppinion that you wont beat meguires hot rims. every other products stain the stuff

Depends on quality of the clear coat. Those harsh sprays shouldn't be necessary with every wash, it's damaging the finish.

I use a different sponge and normal car wash. I then apply a coat of polymer wax (any will do) and remove. This ensures the rim is protected and makes future cleaning much easier. The first time you do this you might need to use a harsh cleaner like Meg's and even some clay to get rid of the gunk. Once cleaned, wash with soapy water and apply wax.

I bought Eagle One Wheel Cleaner for my 205's wheels, don't laugh as it works really well spray it on, let it soak, then agiate a bit then spray off, the wheels come up great, or else use a sponge and some warm soapy water and clean them that way. :)

I had a meguiars microfiber and after a few months use it goes hard and scratchy :nownow: bought the gold microfibers from wax wizard and they work a treat.

My next detail will inlcude the klasse AIO and hopefully a random orbital polisher :D so will be great to see before and after pics of the AIO.

GTI124 said:
Sounds great. I'd recommend a wash after the clay though. I know it adds more time, but the clay leaves a yukky residue behind.
I only found this if you scrimp on the detailer ...

- XTC -

A few months ago I bought a 2nd hand RSC and am attempting to keep the paintwork in the same excellent condition as it was when I bought it. Unfortunately the car has to live under an enormous cedar tree, and everything that perches on or uses the tree for other uses seems to relax their sphincter right above my roof and bonnet.
Anyway, I washed the car with warm water and detergent, dried it, Klasse AIO'd it, Klasse sealed it (2 coats), P21 carnauba'd it and then it's been washed weekly since.
I reckon the P21 didn't last very long, as water stopped beading after maybe 5 or 6 weeks. I've recently added another coat of Klasse sealant which, although doesn't seem to give the paintwork the "depth" the P21 exhibits, has the water beading again.
How frequently do you reckon P21 needs to be applied ?

Cheers,

Phil

P21S is a natural carnauba, which will only last a month at most if exposed to full sunlight. The harsh conditions that yoy have would seem to warrant re-waxing once a month at least. The SG would be tougher, and you could layer SG and then P21S.

As you say P21S gives you dpeth, not durability. The synthetics will also do better in that regard.

just bought some meg's NXT tech wax, will try out on the weekend and see if it's even better than the yellow wax #26 + car glaze #7

J206GTI said:
just bought some meg's NXT tech wax, will try out on the weekend and see if it's even better than the yellow wax #26 + car glaze #7

I'm using NXT at the moment. It's very nice to apply. You could still use the glaze followed by the NXT though.

how long does the tech wax + glaze combo last for sydney weather ?? I got a bit frustrated with melb's dusty/misty weather that I have to constantly wash the car to keep it clean, thus the polish and wax doesn't stay well with repeated washing...