Car Care Products

thanks for that guys - I'll try those products for exterior plastics. I've used ArmourAll on thursday and already it needs reapplying... lucky I've got lots of it and didnt pay for it :)

Query

Would anyone know whether the Kanebo Chamois are available in Adelaide, if so where.

Thanks

Winddancer

pugsy said:
Would not go near Turtle or Kitten with a 10 foot pole awful stuff :2cents:

Washed my car yesterday and the paint looks a treat, that PPG polish that the crash reapairer used is good stuff.. mmm buy a bottle of that or a bottle of Klasse All-in-One..

As for Meguiars they have some real dud products in their range as mentioned above and some really good ones always best to look around and try other products.

Just flicking through the Car Toys catalogue (auto/performance parts store in SA) and they have Swissol car care products the ultimate pack comes in at $1,349 :eek: you would want car looking better than new after spending that sort of money.

Kanebo Chamois - been using them for a number of years and work a treat and soak up plent of water and are easy to clean :headbang:

You can get them from BigW, K-Mart, Motoquipe, but Waffle Weave Towels are better for drying the car I have discovered, but are costly, I imported mine from the US as it was cheaper, but here they cost around the $25 from online shops, Meguiars should hopefully be releasing their water magnet towel here in Australia soon, that's the one i bought from OS.
But failing that chamois still does a good job. :)

Mothers is the best

The whole range can be purchased at supercheap.

I do the whole 3 stages of waxing. Well worth it at the end.

NEVER USE ARMOURALL ANYWHERE!!!

As for the Kanebo, i'm pretty sure that Meguairs actually re-badge them & sell them as their own...

I'd go for a Microfibre one though (& i have!)

^^^ nothing wrong with armourall except that it can be very wet looking and dust sticks to it good, and needs reapplying after you wash car rains etc.

Autogylm is the best, that simple :)

^^^ nothing wrong with armourall except that it can be very wet looking and dust sticks to it good, and needs reapplying after you wash car rains etc.

Autogylm is the best, that simple

hmmmm.....interesting.....I disagree.....303 absolutely "murderrrs" armourall in every respect.....( did I detect sarcasm, maybe , not sure...re: armourall, either way, its CRAP)

As for autoglym.....yeah, their products are sensational value for money....But BEST.....NOT... products like ZYMOL are so much more superior its not funny....

cheers

dino

Tiop said:

Autogylm is the best, that simple :)

Tiop, not sure if its in this thread, but have a read through (& a search i suppose) but i've heard of a few people complaining that the armourall has "whitened" the black plastics they've put it!

I tend to use "Vinylex" for external surfaces & its great, plus its got UV resistant stuff in it.