Ultimate 807 build

When I last went down this road I recall the Toyota 4A-GE has 89mm bore spacing - Nissan KA24DE also, I think.
Anyone have an old Toyota Corolla head gasket to try on for size?

The Ford Sigma is 87mm, 1.6 DOHC 16V as used in Focus and Fiesta. I've been through about 80 Ford heads and it's the closest I can find.

The Ford Sigma is 87mm, 1.6 DOHC 16V as used in Focus and Fiesta. I've been through about 80 Ford heads and it's the closest I can find.

87mm might be close enough.

An auto engineer guy I knew in Melbourne would offer up a head gasket to the potential donor.
That should provide a good first indication. In many cases, the head bolts will line up surprisingly well. The water transfer between head and block will also likely be close, and can often be remedied with a die grinder.

That's the easy part (relatively). Figuring out the cam drive and ignition if using a dizzy could be trickier.

But I did see an example of his work. He'd grafted a Ford Falcon alloy head on to an Austin Healy six for a customer.
He also had plans for his own Morris Minor which was going to get a Yamaha motor cycle head.

Some of his work involved building drag engines, so this sort of stuff didn't phase him.

Figuring out the cam drive and ignition if using a dizzy could be trickier.

The ignition would be no problem, given that everything these days uses trigger wheels and sensors.

If going to all this effort, why stop at 4 valves?
b501bf475830ae4a5a273d5ab9ef255e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Did any manufacture experiment with a sliding valve?

I'm imagining a 2 stroke with just a giant plate or 2 moving backwards and forwards like what BMW did and there slide throttles.

i seem to recall kawasaki made a 250 two stoke ,with a disc valve that opened the crank case to the low mounted carb at the appropriate time ,may have been a twin cylinder ,i will have to do some googleing

Why stuff around with all these myriad of parts to improve performance of "HAS" been technology

Get an electric motor with one moving part

As Elon said "Ridiculous Mode"

Nuff said

Forget that! how cool are things that aren't made for each other that work with each other.

Presenting, the A series with a Twin Cam BMW head. Reckon there wouldn't be a great deal of difference between the A series and Sierra donks :roflmao:

Twincam Mini - Original BMW K head transplant

I looked into this, and no - BMW K series head is never going on a Sierra - bore spacing is all wrong. 76mm on BMW while 85mm on the Sierra. More promising is an MG F twin cam head - 83mm spacing...

Oh wow that is my kind of crazy.

Did any manufacture experiment with a sliding valve?
I'm imagining a 2 stroke with just a giant plate or 2 moving backwards and forwards like what BMW did and there slide throttles.
Lookie here and other places Bowie :)
Google Cross rotary valve and look at images (y):cool:
And a working example. https://www.carolenash.com/news/bik...-hrd-cross-rotary-valve-set-star-bristol-show
Happy looking at previous smart tinkerers ;) Not to mention two strokes ! Or sleeve valve engines that were common on WW2 aircraft.
Jaahn

Last edited: