The Towbars thread...

1973 Renualt 12 towbar anyone???

Hi!
Just wondering if anyone out there has a towbar to suit a 1973 Renault 12 particularly in Brisbane if possible? Thanks.
Philip

505 Towbar

Came off my 505 GTi
Has all the bolts & stuff.
make me an offer, I really need to get rid of this horrible thing! - It's taking up too much space in my garage!

R16 T/Bar

I have a towbar for the R 16, if anybody is interested.

Please call tony on 0418885036.

HONG KONG PUGGY said:
Hi Ray,
I have a towbar from a Renault 10 if aynone wants it.....freight plus whatever it is worth to anyone? :confused:
i'll have to find the tongue though....it's here somewhere :mallet:

Chris
mobile......0405 740 444
R10 Tow-bar is sold.....will be on a bus taking a trip to South Australia any day now.
Chris :banana:

Hi all,

I'm wondering if a '77 504 GL towbar will fit an '83 505 GR? I'm considering buying Alpine's 505 and have one on my 504 that will be used for parts.

Matt.

I found this for you guys!!! its usa but im sure its fairly cheap.

1984 - 1989 Peugeot 505 stationwagon - carparts - custom
designed trailer hitch. Used to tow trailer and car from
Connecticut to Florida, worked great! This hitch allows
mounting of spare tire in stock location. Is a receiver type
hitch, so is not seen or in the way when not being used.
Make Offer. - in excellent condition - Dave Cherrick,
Tacoma, Washington, 98467, USA, phone: 253 564 7302 ,

Brodie Shields needs one, so there's a match, but distance is a bit of a killer. I tried to get the Peter Stein bar for Brodie the other day, but Peter wasn't at home when I went through. I can get one from Cruiserman on Saturday 27/9 and take to Brodie's son's place...

In the interim, I have a 504 sedan towbar for sale.[/QUOTE]

504 Towbar - fit to 505GR?

Ralph said:
Hi all,

I'm wondering if a '77 504 GL towbar will fit an '83 505 GR? I'm considering buying Alpine's 505 and have one on my 504 that will be used for parts.

Matt.

A few years ago I removed the tow bar from my 1971 504GL and it fitted straight on to my 1982 505GR. This fact surprised me at the time and I have mentioned it a few times since as another example of Peugeot's remarkable parts interchangeability. It's worth a try.

R12 Fan said:
Hi!
Just wondering if anyone out there has a towbar to suit a 1973 Renault 12 particularly in Brisbane if possible? Thanks.
Philip

I think I have one in Canberra. Email me if you still want it... dan_gamper@westnet.com.au

I'll check this coming weekend (6 and 7 November) when I'm there.

Towbars.

The Gonz said:
Put me down for needing a Fuego towbar. I'm also interested in the cost of having one made up, if anyone's had that experience.

Years ago I used to own Allen Towbars in Richmond Rd. I feel that if you ring Ron at the factory he would still have the patterns for all old Pugs etc. Regards Ken Adams.

All towbars for peugeots. etc

Ray Bell said:
There seems to be a constant enquiry for towbars, and frequently there are threads going at the same time.

How about we just have this one thread for towbars for all models?

If you have a towbar for sale, list it on here... if you want one, come check the thread, make contact, or post if there's none available.

It would be important, however, that if anyone lists a towbar on the thread and then sells it, that they should post to that effect.

At the moment, Cruiserman seemingly has two 505 towbars, Peter Stein has one.

Brodie Shields needs one, so there's a match, but distance is a bit of a killer. I tried to get the Peter Stein bar for Brodie the other day, but Peter wasn't at home when I went through. I can get one from Cruiserman on Saturday 27/9 and take to Brodie's son's place...

In the interim, I have a 504 sedan towbar for sale.

Years ago I used to own a towbar factory in Adelaide called Allen Towbars. I feel sure that if you contact them they would still have all the patterns for old Pugs etc. If you are unable to contact them I would be happy to do so for any member. Regards Ken Adams.

Bx Tow Bar For Sale

BX Break tow bar for sale ,With simple mod can also fit sedan $150
Thanks Peter Routley 0411366353

Towbar for 1985 505 Wagon

Considering buying 505 wagon without towbar and get laughed at when I ask towbar outlets.
Car was originally owned by Dr. who never had bar fitted.
Anybody in WA have wagon towbar if I buy 505.
Almost makes you want to buy Jap crap!!! :wink2:

Towbars in Adelaide

Hall Towbars in Adelaide have quoted me $330 for a custom fit towbar for my Fuego. They can only do a standard-duty towbar and want the car for a day with two week's notice. I don't know about any other models but for anyone desparate for a towbar, they might be worthwhile talking to.
Address is 478 Main North Rd, Blair Athol. Ph.08 8262 8244. email halltowbars@chariot.net.au.

I have Towbars for R12 wagon, R12 sedan& R18 Sedan if anyones in need.I would like to see them go to a good home instead of a scrap truck.
Give me a shout on (02) 66494231 A/H. :adrink:

Last edited: