The Towbars thread...

505 towbar

Ray Bell said:
Now for the bad news...

Sorry, Ian, Owen told me tonight he traded the bumper away in a large swap deal he did for some parts for some of his other cars.

I can call the dealer to whom he gave it if you like, but I suspect he will want top dollar for it.

Better hang on to the one you have until we know what's happening...

There is still the one Peter Stein has at Wang Wauk, I'm pretty sure that hasn't gone yet. It's probably still on the car...

I will e.mail Peter and find out... he actually gets up to Brisbane occasionally on business, you never know... the big thing with him will probably be finding time to take it off. But if I'm going by there some time we might get somewhere...

Hi RAY

Thanks for info..just to clarify (as u mentioned bumper in the last message)

I was after the towbar (one that doesn't have the tongue thru the bumper) not after the bumper tho'...were we on the right wavelength? I'd be interested to know how much the dealer wants for the bar? could you ring for me? other wise the one Peter Stein has could be the go.

fuego tow bar

I had a Fuego towbar posted , but nobody wanted it now the car is gone
I might be able to get the towbar back if anybody is chasing one :headbang:
ROCK OUT WITH U`R ---- OUT
POWER TO THE HEMI
:headbang:

roadie said:
I might be able to get the towbar back if anybody is chasing one :headbang:
ROCK OUT WITH U`R ---- OUT
POWER TO THE HEMI
I`m in Melbourne call me on 0409752722

Dont email me I will be busy working aftrer this weekend

Originally posted by roadie
I might be able to get the towbar back if anybody is chasing one.

There's a request posted above on September 25... try getting in touch with
The Gonz.

Last edited:
It's the old story ... after not needing a Fuego towbar when they've been available now I need one! :confused:

So if anyone has a good Fuego towbar please let me know. I'm in Melbourne but will be travelling through NSW and Sydney over the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

JY

dogboy said:
Hmmm a BX towbar could come in handy...anyone got one to sell??
cheers :cheers: :citplak:

Yeah, makes it a lot easier to winch those automatics onto a flat tray :roflmao: :roflmao: Did you ever fix the auto Andrew :confused:

seeya,
Shane L.

dogboy said:
Hmmm a BX towbar could come in handy...anyone got one to sell??
cheers :cheers: :citplak:

Yeah, could be expensive though.... it's got a BX16v attached to it :roflmao:

Cheers
Chris

BX towbar wanted

Shane...why are people so unkind! :D
the towbars to tow all my other cits that don't go (most of them!! :rolleyes: )
Chris....if only I could get your BX 16 valver..if only for the towbar :rolleyes:
but I want to keep my knackers!
cheers :cheers:
:citplak:

Towbar for 406 wagon

Hi,

does anyone have or know where I might be able to get a towbar for a 406 wagon?

-Adam

I have the tow bar set-up on my 306 s16, I've never used it though because it needs an extension lip, does anyone know where these can be sourced from? How much would an s16 tow bar setup be worth?

Fuego TBar

:renault: I sold my fuego to Mistareno, he is converting it to a hill climb car. He might not need the towbar that was on it.

I need a Laguna 1 towbar. Anyone? Anyone? :confused:

Ray Bell said:
505 towbar, good Hayman & Reece one at that, available in Goulburn. I can deliver if anyone wants it. I believe the price might be about $90...
Ray,

I've got a Hayman Reece bar on my 505 wagon and the sticker on it says that it is rated for 1000Kg. It is also quite short, nowhere near the width of the vehicle.

Do you know if they were all like that? The wagon is rated to tow 1500Kg but the bar's only good for 1000 - seems strange.

I would assume that it's Hayman Reece's way of making more money... $350 for the 1000kg one, $450 for the 1500kg one, most buyers take the lower price option and some have to come back again later?

But it's their rating of that bar that overrides the manufacturer's rating of the vehicle's capability and also the legal limit.

504 tb

The only thing holding the rear of the 504 diseasel is the towbar. Anybody need one?
I'll be slowly breaking up the rusty D in the coming weeks. Its a 79 d that runs well but a slight leak from the glow plug. Not bad after ten years in the paddock.

404 or 403 towbar wanted

Does anyone have a towbar for a 404 70's model or a 403?
I've been looking around but haven't found one yet.