The Towbars thread...

NachO said:
Does anyone have a towbar for a 404 70's model or a 403?
I've been looking around but haven't found one yet.

Just to clarify... which one would you be wanting?

They would be different to each other... even early 404s would be different to the post-66 404s.

Ray Bell said:
Just to clarify... which one would you be wanting?

They would be different to each other... even early 404s would be different to the post-66 404s.
Well, I am mainly looking for a 404 (70 model) towbar, but since I also own a 403 (62) I wouldn't mind finding a towbar for that one too.

Don will check the rusty 403 and rough 404 today... he thinks there's a 403 bar there...

And you're in luck, he's expecting to be down in your territory some time in June, so he can take any he finds with him.

Of course, they're of no use to him, he has a towbar on the 604...

That would be great! maybe you can give him my number so he can give me a call if he happens to find one?
I'll send it in a pm.

604 tow bar

got a 604 tow bar if ne 1 needs 1. also got many other parts. dont like parting with them often unless spmeone is in desperate need.cause i plan on havn 604's for many years 2 come. :pugplak:

I have a tow bar assembly for a 505

I have a tow bar assembly for a 505 on a wreck...I'm on the sunshine coast, qld...

R10 tow bar....

Hi Ray,
I have a towbar from a Renault 10 if aynone wants it.....freight plus whatever it is worth to anyone? :confused:
i'll have to find the tongue though....it's here somewhere :mallet:

Chris
mobile......0405 740 444

towbars 504,604,404

I have plenty of towbars for pug 604.504,404 if anybody wants one cost plus freight.
garry
Adelaide 0418 849613

78 TI 604 project :peugeot:
76 604 on Gas driving :peugeot: :drivin:
78 604 on gas driving :peugeot: :drivin:
72 504 petrol project :peugeot:
79 504 diesel project :peugeot:
75 LTI 504 850hp V6 Supercharged project :peugeot: :cheers:
404 Ute project :peugeot:

pug604 said:
I have plenty of towbars for pug 604.504,404 if anybody wants one cost plus freight.
Is the 404 towbar for a 70's model? (spare wheel under the car)
if so, I'd love to have one.
I tried calling before, I'll try again later

Originally posted by NachO
Is the 404 towbar for a 70's model? (spare wheel under the car)
if so, I'd love to have one.

If not... or to save freight or whatever... there is one for that model in the boot of the spare parts car I discovered the other day (see the 1970 404 project car thread in 'cars for sale').

The Gonz said:
All these towbars and nothing for the Fuego - which leads me to ask: Since there's been mention of the 404 having a "spare under the back" configuration, would any other Renault be using the same towbar assembly as the Fuego?
Hey Gonz,
I am fairly sure that the Fuego share alot of parts with the R18....may-be the sub-frame dimensions are similar.... :confused: .
Cheers,Chris

Renault Fuego Towbar

Fuego Towbar, Recently resprayed, all wires and plug. Black Color. Eltham Area $100.

jumpin_pug said:
I have the tow bar set-up on my 306 s16, I've never used it though because it needs an extension lip, does anyone know where these can be sourced from? How much would an s16 tow bar setup be worth?
Hi Jumpin and ALL 306 owners.
Recently I had CARASEL (1300 303 869) in Sydney's Pendle Hill fit a towbar to my S16, good job too, clears the spare cradel, exhaust etc. and just nudges up beneath my bumper the raises up once clear... all fitted in 1 hour for $225 including electrics! not bad at all. They also have a heap of towing and trailer accesories too. The fitting bay looked a little backyardish, but all in all very good for the price. 3-months on not a problem.