The future of aussiefrogs > The Proposal For Keeping aussiefrogs (post#288) > Subscriptions/ Donations Active (post#392) - All threads Merged

im in, just tell me how to pay ,PUGS

That's great and thanks to all for the hard work.

If a small payment is all it takes, count me in. If there's a donation avenue and more money is needed, count me in.

Unless gibgib has managed to get aussiefrogs registered as a not-for-profit cultural/community organisation the public radio model is not entirely equivalent but for reference the annual subscription tiers for PBS and TripleR are as follows:

Concession/junior $40
Full $85
Passionate RRR $150 / PBS $120
Business RRR $150 / PBS $600 (gets listing on website)
PBS also has “friend for a decade” @$700 and “friend for life” @$1600

Subscribers get a bumper sticker, album and retailer discounts.

Additional donations over $2 are eligible as tax deductions as these radio stations are government registered NFP.

Triple R state “Pick whatever one suits you best!”

5EBI Adelaide only take donations (no bumper sticker) at your choice of $50, $103.10, $500, $1031 or “other.”
Buenos dias tax deductibility!

I acknowledge that gibgib may be aiming to keep the base rate low to increase the number of willing payees.

Talking about the cost of subscriptions is fine - I don't have a problem with that or the suggested amounts. However, surely we need to start the process by having an idea of how much money we need in order to keep AF going each year.

I don't understand why there is still so much speculation going on, along with unnecessary questions.
Go back to page 1 of this thread and read the first post and Gerry's reply.
Everything there is to know, at the moment, is all there clear spelt out.

I don't understand why there is still so much speculation going on, along with unnecessary questions.
Go back to page 1 of this thread and read the first post and Gerry's reply.
Everything there is to know, at the moment, is all there clear spelt out.
Sorry, that wasn't meant to sound abrupt. Just frustrated.

Reactions: IWS
Hi ;)
I wait with baited breath and PayPal in hand(?) :cool:
Just a question for the mods on the statement down the bottom of the page. "The Australian French Car Forum Since 1999 would like your permission to enable push notifications."
What does that mean ?? In practical terms. Not Google like BS I hope !:cry:
Jaahn

Hi ;)
I wait with baited breath and PayPal in hand(?) :cool:
Just a question for the mods on the statement down the bottom of the page. "The Australian French Car Forum Since 1999 would like your permission to enable push notifications."
What does that mean ?? In practical terms. Not Google like BS I hope !:cry:
Jaahn

It just means there will be a pop up on your PC if you have a new private message. etc :) You don't need to agree if you do not want this (a lot of sites will ask for this).

The Subscription/ Donation link is now operating and displayed on the right side on the main forum page view.

Subscription is $25 per year and is re-ocurring through "PayPal". A 1 year subscription will move you into an additional usergroup "VIP AF Sponsor" which will have extra benefits, especially if you are new here as it will short cut you to the most features and member features.
If you need to cancel the subscription, this will be done within your own "PayPal" account to stop a payment occurring each year in the future.

Donation is whatever you would like, through "PayPal". Any donation of $25 or more will automatically add you to the usergroup "VIP AF Sponsor" above for 1 year and not a re-occurring payment. Please be aware payments over $25 aren't payed forward for the next year, they are only for the current period.

There is no obligation to pay to use aussiefrogs.com!
Supporting ensures aussiefrogs forums will "keep going full speed ahead"

Please read the exert from the terms and rules below:

8. Subscription & Donations:

aussiefrogs.com has introduced a subscription-based payment for those members who wish to support this valuable resource. A payment method for subscription is through “PayPal” and is a re-occurring 12-month payment of $25 and promotes you to usergroup VIP AF Sponsor. Should you wish to discontinue this service after taking it up, it needs to be cancelled within your own “PayPal” account.

Donations made through the Donation link, are not re-occurring by default and are made through PayPal.

Please note, payments of $25 or more will add you to the VIP AF Sponsor usergroup, anything in excess of $25 using the donations option will not roll over to the next year's annual subscription. Only 1 year can be purchased at one time.

Other methods of payment may be introduced in future for both options.

Acceptance of these rules/terms regarding Subscriptions & Donations acknowledges there may be circumstances in which aussiefrogs needs to close, possibly abruptly, or modify or terminate access by one or more users. The timing may not correspond with the expiry of a user's subscription period, and where that is the case, aussiefrogs will not usually partially refund any subscriptions or donations.

Although very very much appreciated, by taking up the subscription/ donation option, you also acknowledge it confers upon you no more rights or any service that is superior to that of a non-paying member, but by subscribing/ donating you are ensuring the longevity of aussiefrogs.com.

Last edited:
A sincere thanks for finding a way to keep the forum running.

I've paid up already!

Reactions: COL
Done thanks. Great to know my daily 'fix' of AFs is ongoing. :)
My only regret is another payment required just before Christmas !! Ahh well only a small one ;)
Thanks to all the people behind the great move :cool:
Jaahn

Reactions: COL
Done.

Now as an aside, I pay money into Paypal as required.
Can we make the system one that notifies before payment required, so a dishonour fee does not occur due to memory loss....