The future of aussiefrogs > The Proposal For Keeping aussiefrogs (post#288) > Subscriptions/ Donations Active (post#392) - All threads Merged

A special membership just for alpine owners starting at $1k a year ;)

And you get a shiney Alpine badge on your avitar.
Noice! ;) ( joking by the way, your alpine might be making you poor)
Kids are more expensive than Alpines I've found. And yachts.

Awesome news. I'm definitely in. As soon the subscription/donation facility exists I'll pay.

The amount of knowledge and entertainment over the years is worth way more than the $14 per month I pay for Netflix!

Simple bank account that we can do a BPay to using membership # as an identifier for the fee and also Donation facility and the money is on the way to the coffers. Preferably before Christmas and tax time..:)

Ken

Almost everyone here uses a forum name which is not their own. and has no identifying information attached to the profile. It's part of online anonymity. That will disappear with online money transfer.

Yes I know some of have given away who we are through posts, but most haven't.

Almost everyone here uses a forum name which is not their own. and has no identifying information attached to the profile. It's part of online anonymity. That will disappear with online money transfer.

Except you should be able to donate anonymously, or choose not to at all.

Yeah pre paid credit cards from the post office / cigarette counter from coles for all your anonymous online donation needs. ;)

its fine.... paypal isn't at all uniquely identifying. Its just an email address. This is all a work in progress. If you give them some time they will sort out the issues and bugs that may concern people. Think of this as a donation to keep the site alive rather than a subscription service you must pay for or you'll be kicked off (like netflix).

I don't understand why so much secrecy is commonplace here. Does everyone use their psuedonyms at work, at home and down the pub? What is the reason so many want to conceal their true identities? Paternity suits? Fear of being caught by the Bailiffs? Terror that your relos might find out where you now live? Or just a history of minor crimes? I do wonder! 🤔

As long as you all cough up. It's practically a blessing to the gods. Do you want your head gasket to fail? of course not, better donate to be covered in the production of the frog! :p

I don't understand why so much secrecy is commonplace here. Does everyone use their psuedonyms at work, at home and down the pub? What is the reason so many want to conceal their true identities? Paternity suits? Fear of being caught by the Bailiffs? Terror that your relos might find out where you now live? Or just a history of minor crimes? I do wonder! 🤔
I am not sure exactly the angle here for those wanting to remain anonymous - the move and legislature is clearly moving towards a shift to individual responsibility, where internet media and sites that publish, respond in two ways, remove objectional content ASAP and allow identity disclosure to "authorized agencies" so that responsibility/liability is shifted back to the individual for either criminal or civil liability as the case may be. The "publisher/web operator avoids any liability or consequences by having the means to identify or point to the individual (within reason).

That seems to be the object of legislation worldwide to control anon media trolls via various platforms and the Federal Government legislation. It is probably going to be more complex than that, but the basic simplicity would be the individual should be liable, not the "service provider website operator" if adequate guidelines on content are provided to users of the service and reasonable steps taken to facilitate identity disclosure back to the individual.

That seems to be the mood of legislators across the globe and the keep it simple process will probably be tested as time goes by, but protection for site operators will help keep sites open if sensibly applied by all.

The ability to use a screen name probably helps provide some protection from a weird minority of cowardly individuals and some with real mental problems who exist in every community and seek some grievance revenge. Very rare but it does happen, and a screen name doesn't always protect from such traits.

I appreciate your comment Kim, and that you post under a your own name. I can also understand those that prefer to use a screen name on their posts.

Anyway all the best to those that want this site to continue. Lets get the dollars moving to help the process. The rest will fall into place.

Regards
Ken

I use a screen name because otherwise I'd be mobbed by fans :ROFLMAO:

Back to the point about paying or contributing to this site, I am also in. It is well worth it, and I would also like the option to donate beyond that as well.

All of the above!