Spotted in NSW.....

G'day,
spotted in Northmead...

IMG_2138 copy.jpg

ps...notice the AF sticker on the rear window.

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 251
Last edited:
I took a nostalgic drive to Katoomba today in the R8, and ended up at Catalina Park (or The Gully now, if you prefer).

On my way out I spotted a burgundy Peugeot 404 in a driveway just down the road from the old racetrack. But bugger me, a bit further along the GWH I spotted a white 404 on historic plate driving along heading east. Just as I caught up with him, he turned into the fruit market at about Linden or thereabouts (just before faulconbridge).

Strange seeing one, but two in the one day!

I took a nostalgic drive to Katoomba today in the R8, and ended up at Catalina Park (or The Gully now, if you prefer).....SNIP.....

Ah Catalina Park....great fun - just don't lift off when entering the Tunnel of Love - it's really narrow through there....:roflmao:

Cheers

Justin

I took a nostalgic drive to Katoomba today in the R8, and ended up at Catalina Park (or The Gully now, if you prefer).

On my way out I spotted a burgundy Peugeot 404 in a driveway just down the road from the old racetrack. But bugger me, a bit further along the GWH I spotted a white 404 on historic plate driving along heading east. Just as I caught up with him, he turned into the fruit market at about Linden or thereabouts (just before faulconbridge).

Strange seeing one, but two in the one day!

The Burgundy 404 is mine :) (should’ve been a 505 wagon next to it but must of been in use when you passed)
Regards Baldrick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No 505.
There was a modern next to it. Didn’t take much notice, maybe a grey Mitsubishi or similar?

His point (I believe) is that there is very little recognition of the track; it’s history (as a racetrack) and area formerly known as Catalina Park. Now it’s all about “The Gully” and the local tribe (one of two who were originally there I believe) who now have joint custody with the council.

His point (I believe) is that there is very little recognition of the track; it’s history (as a racetrack) and area formerly known as Catalina Park. Now it’s all about “The Gully” and the local tribe (one of two who were originally there I believe) who now have joint custody with the council.
It's my understanding that if it weren't for the land claim, the track would have been ripped up and redeveloped long ago.

Spotted a very shiny Ruby Red 208 GTi at North Rocks Shopping Centre on Thursday afternoon.

It's my understanding that if it weren't for the land claim, the track would have been ripped up and redeveloped long ago.

ala Amaroo and Oran Park.

Open spaces in metro areas have difficulty justifying their existence in times of low land availability, high demand and increasing housing costs (and profitability).

Saw my first DS in the flesh last night whilst driving out of the Sydney Opera House car park. Grey, and looked beautifully maintained.

I only wish I had been able to jump out and have a look; although the traffic leaving the carpark WAS almost stationary as usual, it wasn’t quite slow enough for me to get out. Nice machine.

There are a couple of Grand Picassos, a couple of Cacti, and one pearlescent white DS5 that make a regular appearance in the Opera House Carpark. Amazing how the DS5 stands out amongst all the bland cars, it really makes you look.

A "froggystyle" rally prepped Fuego parked in queenscliff. Must be on here....

Why does Vic, WA and QLD have 'spotted' threads and NSW doesn't?

Seen last week: Tristan (mmm_corners) parked on the Pac Hwy up near Artarmon way.

Seen today: Black 206 180 with BHP180 plates. The rear plate looked like a UK copy. Have a fun time with that one champ.

Also seen today: A 205 CTi Auto. That must be pretty bloody rare. Wonder if it came from Japan?

Fire away.......

Also, this very first post just reminded me what my old username was. Hahaha, mmm_corners! Miss that white 306. I've been here a while I guess

... and the rest of it is probably in a Kia or LDV by now.