Regan Peugeot 605 and 605 roll call

P
My reasoning was that, unlike other export markets, Australian 605 production was tiny and have unique ADR requirements (not as much now with harmonisation) such as door intrusion barriers and top tether points - I just thought they may build them in batches. Your experience and the build dates so far suggests not.

I would guess that the PCA shipments would have been in batches, including a fair lump of 306s and 405s. I'd love to know how they did it, but the life of an automotive stock controller usually doesn't make for interesting reading for most people. Then again, I am one of those people that is fascinated by a car factory tour.... I missed my chance to see the T9 308 being built at Mulhouse (I think) in 2014, I really regret that. At least I got to see the museum.
Phil
I love watching the car assembly videos on Youtube. Great for a wet winter early morning. Not as good as a factory visit but in some respects, better (like the paint booth).
Don

I've driven pugrambo's 605 - it's a Series II (maroon?).

I've driven pugrambo's 605 - it's a Series II (maroon?).
Wrong badging on boot lid for series 2. ?
See only pic I have of pugrambo car:
Door arm rests different to Series 2.
Dash: well I can't really tell! :)

Attachments

• 605 pugrambo.jpg
    605 pugrambo.jpg
    397.3 KB · Views: 103
Whose maroon/burgundy S2 605 at St Ives autobrunch this morning? I think I know, but not my place to say.

Whose maroon/burgundy S2 605 at St Ives autobrunch this morning? I think I know, but not my place to say.
That was mine. First real outing for the car.

What a great turn out that was! Loved the R8 Gordini, those two DSs (that I saw at least) were magnificent. A v nice 406 Coupe and a CX 2500 GTi there too. Maybe there were more French cars, there were too many amazing cars to look at. I should have stayed longer.

With a bit of investigation from old pics online, I have found another Aussie 605 which I was able to check on Servicebox. I would rather not give anything away about whose car it is. Privacy is a funny thing, isn't it? Anyway through publicly available info, I was able to get a VIN (which was very close to my Dec '94-build 605) and it is a Ph2, Volcano Red, built 23 Feb 1995. With beige leather, but otherwise strangely Servicebox has no specs for sunroof (or no sunroof) for this one, and much other detail given for the other 605s is missing. Eg all the others get right down to detail such as the 'Oynx' alloy wheels etc. Like all but my car so far, this one also has a default warranty start date of 1/1/90.

Still haven't any VIN/build date or compliance date confirmation of Phase 1 605s. Or any local magazine tests to give a clearer picture of when/how many were released. The closest hint is the Feb '94 press release, but no pics with it sadly. Bauer's Wheels archive isn't working for me anymore either... :(

My VFACTS data lists one additional 605 registration back in 1991 - no doubt an evaluation model - so 49 total.
Interesting…. and would make sense. Where is the data(datum?) from? PAXUS collated the info until 1993 apparently.

Did we find a Series 1 Compliance plate's details? Anyone?
Probably would solve a few things. :)

Thanks for that.

Is that your car at my post #64? & is that that your car in your avatar?

I'll check those VINs when I find a few more or can otherwise justify the cost of a few hours access, as S/box free loophole seems to have closed.
So while not knowing their full details yet, it's likely there are at least 2 Phase 1s imported and complianced locally.

PJ810 had two - One was a UK import Phase 1 3.0 SVE (written off) and the second one was a Phase 2 which now lives in Cessnock.

My cousin has/had a Phase 1 which is white. Locally delivered.

Funny twist, i saw PJ810 driving down the m2 in his volvo this morning on the way top work.