INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Maybe this recent shift to Citreon may be an subtle ploy to rebrand the product and let André rest in peace.

Motor writers have been onto this for a while in Aus. . . David Morley, Drive

attachment.php

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• Citreon C5.JPG
    Citreon C5.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 712
Certainly, any dealer network culling long-term dealers risks a loss of experience in the dealer network. Holden sacked 30 of its dealers, some long-established and the only dealer in a regional centre. Some of those pushed out will continue to offer their services to their customers, but no longer as a franchised dealer. Others will walk away from the product entirely, leaving fewer options for aftersales service.

There are some relevant background articles re PSA/Inchcape at goauto. To pick just two of them:
Peugeot, Citroen begin long climb back - GoAutoNews Premium
Inchcape plans dealer cull - GoAutoNews Premium

It's worth remembering that owners in Australia are not obliged to use a franchised dealer for service (including capped price offers) to protect their warranty and/or extended warranty, which is a common misconception. It may help, but it is not essential. Owners do have a choice. This is worth a read:
https://www.choice.com.au/transport/cars/maintenance/articles/car-warranties-and-dealer-servicing

Citroen Australia is still offering the 6 year warranty on Picasso for vehicles sold to mid-December for anyone keen. There would still be demos and even some new stock that would come with the balance of a 6 year warranty, so it's a matter of asking the dealer. There is a sales event in the next week for both Pug and Citroen. No doubt the person trying to flog the cars will be aware of the options to extend the warranty. I believe Pug still has an older stock overhang, so there might be an opportunity to pick up a bargain that's had a few birthdays in storage.

I suspect I bought one of the very last C4Ps and all I can say is that it surely failed to sell in sufficient numbers because Australian’s don’t know anything about them .
Number one priority for me is the coalition of all PSA products and thus making servicing viable for those who don’t live within an hours drive.
Spare me is it not obvious.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Number one priority for me is the coalition of all PSA products and thus making servicing viable for those who don’t live within an hours drive.
Spare me is it not obvious.

Several, "lesser brands" have snared customers on this basis alone. Toyota and Subaru came to mind immediately.

Feeling valued by a supplier encourages loyalty, even to extent of overlooking minor stuff ups.

FFS it's customer relations 101 to give the customer a "happy experience", yet there are not a lot of the major suppliers (of any product) who succeed in leaving customers really happy with their products or services these days.

End of rant.

Those early C5 shots remind me of an au Falcon (except they might have been more reliable)

Either way time is running out for the automotive retailing industry.......and ‘driving’ for that matter.
I certainly wouldn’t be ‘investing’ in the industry as it stands .

Either way time is running out for the automotive retailing industry.......and ‘driving’ for that matter.
I certainly wouldn’t be ‘investing’ in the industry as it stands .

As the dealer principal who sold us the Skoda said. Australia has 44 odd brands of cars on sale. Even discounting left wings and a-sols. That's far too many and something has to give eventually because that number is simply unsupportable.

As the dealer principal who sold us the Skoda said. Australia has 44 odd brands of cars on sale. Even discounting left wings and a-sols. That's far too many and something has to give eventually because that number is simply unsupportable.

Tin pushing is ultimately destined to be a dead end if only because all western governments are now prioritising autonomous transport.
My last car looks increasingly like being a BEV......more charging points in Australia than I realised.

Yes, those not so rare Citreons .... and even "as advertised" by their owners.

Nah, the C5 is nicer looking that the Falcon, albeit the newer ones are quite sharp looking compared to the older models.

The upside down chevrons are the Northern Hemisphere versions.

I have checked, and this lovely number plate is still available from PPQ in Queensland!
Just in time for Christmas, and to compliment your set of upside down Chevrons:

744.png

Why don't you register it and offer it the unsuspecting Inchcape?
You could even attach it to a rare Citreon Forrester to make it more attractive to them.

I would have, but I already blew the budget and reserved a special plate:

"D SPECIAL", with 2 extra spaces in between the D and the S. Cost me a fortune! "DSPECIAL" would've been so much better! :wink2: :violin:

I long hesitated also on the "DEXTRON", but they said they're wasn't enough letters in it! :adrink:

I would have, but I already blew the budget and reserved a special plate:

"D SPECIAL", with 2 extra spaces in between the D and the S. Cost me a fortune! "D(v)SPECIAL" would've been so much better!:wink2:

Oh really you shouldn't have I'm so embarrassed, they will take pride of place and give me incentive to get the car on the road :blush:

You should look at French Diplomat plates for your car. . . 23 CMD 1

Edit: Oh look it's available in the correct colour combo $475.00

attachment.php

(Joking :joker: )

Cheers
Chris

Attachments

• French Diplomat Plate.JPG
    French Diplomat Plate.JPG
    21.6 KB · Views: 643
Oh really you shouldn't have I'm so embarrassed, they will take pride of place and give me incentive to get the car on the road :blush:

You should look at French Diplomat plates for your car. . . 23 CMD 1

Edit: Oh look it's available in the correct colour combo $475.00

attachment.php

(Joking :joker: )

Cheers
Chris

Good on you Chris! At only $475, not a bad proposition really. Is that really the cost?
Although in my days a consulate car would've been identified by "CC" ie Corps Consulaire, as the car even though in a foreign country would still bear the French registration. Such as "1954 CC 75"
Not sure it is the case in modern day Australia though....

Another controversy?

Last edited:
Now we have DS, they could very well reintroduce a DSpecial variant.

Good on you Chris! At only $475, not a bad proposition really. Is that really the cost?
Although in my days a consulate car would've been identified by "CC" ie Corps Consulaire, as the car even though in a foreign country would still bear the French registration. Such as "1954 CC 75"
Not sure it is the case in modern day Australia though....

Another controversy?

Apologies to Greg for this mini hijack. . . I'll get the thread back on topic,oh yes I will.

Yes, $475.00 unless I missed something on PPQ

Oh looky, so close but no cigar - modern car so perhaps things have changed since you were a real Frenchman. . .

F_CD-236-ECMD1-BV.jpg

Cheers
Chris

You're exactly right, it seems to be how they do it now.:eek: I guess yes, I was a Frenchman a long time ago now. I used to be a lot more argumentative then, I've mellowed soooo much.:roflmao:

I better check that ppq again then! mmmmm $475.:deal: