INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Inchcape?

Meh.

Some people (like Ford) KNOW how to sell vehicles!

Try this:

main-qimg-307fd1733357da92f64b87d37af8ba46.jpgmain-qimg-a3160462065b11fc637dff33dc6cfd6c.png

So do Inchcape. Look what they did in taking Subaru from virtually nothing to the strong brand it is now. They know a lot more than any of us about selling cars, and hopefully they will build up the PSA presence in Australia in the coming years.

If you want to know who will be the official dealers in your city going forward and you are still in the dark, you will have to wait for a letter/e-mail from Inchcape or until 1st December to check the Citroen and Peugeot websites, at which point it will apparently show the updated dealer listing.

Don't get upset with the customer service operators if you can't get a straight answer to the question during next week. It's evidently not their fault they can't tell you yet.

If they expect workshop jobs in any of their own dealerships, or for that matter, the local Pug dealership, they can wait a loooong time. I've been there, and done that, once only.

Subaru parts pricing is as poisonous as S-D's Citroen policy, often worse.

FYI, on good authority I have been told the new dealer in Tasmania's north will be Buckby Motors. Both Peugeot and Citroen will be taken on. They have Merc. Jag. Range Rover, Subaru, Renault, from Dec.01 Renault and Citroen.

They seem to be Launceston only. Motors covered Citroen in both Launceston and Hobart did it not?

All manufacturers are criticised for the cost of spares, not just Subaru, but the lot. Unfortunately, if you want OEM parts, you have to live with that, unless you can source them from overseas - but even then, prices can be over the top.

That is true, but Subaru can be eye-watering. I once had a pulley locally made rather than fork out a few hundred dollars. The Australia tax as usual.

I posted about Subaru OEM clutches a while back. Sime Darby pricing had nothing to learn from Inchcape.

Try checking out the cost of Mazda parts! Might make Subaru look better - if that is possible.....

:Sigh:

I haven't been on the forum for a few years, but wondered what the hell was going on when I received this in my email, and couldn't find Continental Cars on the list.
Citroen Dealers Dec 1.jpg

No ripper! Continental, who have a VERY good workshop, is off (that's what this thread is about), and the Artarmon Pug place is on. No car of mine will ever see their workshop.

There is now a representation in Liverpool and the far west at Kingswood.

I noticed that Gateway Wollongong is back for service only. They bought Corbans and dropped Cit a while ago. McKay at Moss Vale has some followers. Nice to see someone in Tamworth..

I doubt I'll be buying another Citroen now.

A possible conspiracy theory; they want potential Citroen buyers who appreciate being different to walk into their Subaru showrooms so they can cross-sell them boring but safe Subaru's that yield a higher margin. Could Citroen now just be the bait?

More likely the reverse will be true. They may have gone to the dealer to look at Subarus, but once they see an equivalent Citroen (or Peugeot), they may find it far more attractive than the Subaru.

More likely the reverse will be true. They may have gone to the dealer to look at Subarus, but once they see an equivalent Citroen (or Peugeot), they may find it far more attractive than the Subaru.

I doubt it will be a sale for Citroen unless you are looking for a LCV - even these will be re-badged Peugeots.

No plans to update the DS range in the foreseeable future.
https://www.goauto.com.au/news/citroen/citroen-takes-on-light-commercial-focus/2017-08-11/64631.html

Cheers
Chris

Citroen's are finished IMO, inevitably some years ago. Then again all cars are now the same which means their continually changing distribution is subject to profit and loss (forget brand loyalty or emotion). 'Marque ' differences are pretty well gone. Thus service centres meet common problems /solutions across a range of cars.

We all still have a preference , but when I bought a Renault in the 60's (or a Citroen) I knew it would be different to a Datsun or a Holden or a Triumph.
But then again I'm getting old!

Tangent:

Have you ever gone to a dealer (etc) looking for one thing, but ended up buying another marque?

I did the reverse: looked at others but ended up buying a Citroen anyway.