I Spy...Victoria

In a "truck stop" rest area near Benalla, heading north on the Hume. In amongst all the poor unfortunates in their germs, there was a tidy, albeit dirty, late model 406 wagon.

I had a quick chat to the owner, Scott. He doesn't frequent any forums and neither did he seem interested. He was in a bit of a hurry, so we didn't chat for long. He made clear that he loves his car!

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Spotted in North Melbourne last week - white 205 GTi - "ARP". Al, was that you?

I was in the light blue 405 behind you. You appeared to turn around to have a good look...

I began explaining to my friend in the car how I used to go on crazy drive days with other French car drivers...

Cheers,
Richard

in Castlemaine just now, a very nice white Citroen XM parked,
arse down, nose up, in rocket launch mode I guess...

Followed a very nice Citroen CX GTI Turbo down the south side of Mt Dandenong last week. Unfortunately a Mercedes SUV in front kept the pace sedate...

Oh, almost forgot - the 504 coupe parked on Elizabeth St in the CBD last night. I had to do a double take!

Last edited:
Have been hanging out to see a new C3 in the flesh on the roads since their launch, and finally saw one today moseying down Hoddle Street. Pretty snazzy - but white and black, the least interesting of the colours available. At least they have sold at least one!!

Spotted on Saturday afternoon at Baldy Hollow 1670 m above sea level in their element 14 ALPINES and a V6 Clio

Hawthorn East...
b1369965c9f87f82fd6e352e0e033b56.jpg

Sent from my RNE-L22 using Tapatalk

I spied many French cars in Euroa today. A Series 1 Citroën C5, a Citroën DS4, a Peugeot 3008, a Renault van in addition to my humble steed.

Citroën DS heading south from Wellington Rd on Belgrave-Hallam Rd in Narre Warren East - truly outstanding amid 7:52am Monday morning commuter traffic.

I’m wondering if this is the same 404ute that frequented Belgrave in the 1990s....
If it used to be in Belgrave and has now turned up in Belgrade, then someone is very keen on it! Shipping it from Australia to Europe would have cost a pretty penny.

(Okay, I know that someone has made a typo. But give me a little bit of fun, please.)

If it used to be in Belgrave and has now turned up in Belgrade, then someone is very keen on it! Shipping it from Australia to Europe would have cost a pretty penny.

(Okay, I know that someone has made a typo. But give me a little bit of fun, please.)
Yeah that be me not doing spell check, was in belgrave and was nsw reg....jim

~10am today
White Renault 12 with club plates at intersection of Burwood Hwy and Mt Dandy Tourist Rd, Upper Ferntree Gully.

9.55am today - Very dusty (woolshed find) Beige DS Special/Pallas? on back of flatbed truck - Doherty's Rd, Heidelberg West. About 2 blocks from where it may have been assembled once upon a time.

I didn't have time to take a photo/fully absorb it. I was time-trialling my bicycle back home to to pay tradies installing house air con (global warming serves a very constant industry)

There's a lot of mystique attached to that 'D' image; high up on the back of a truck, those twin headlights staring out to the west. Good luck to whatever was happening with it (hopefully not off to the crushers)