I Spy...Victoria

Attachments

• Celeste_Inverleigh.jpg
    Celeste_Inverleigh.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 153
Pleased to see a pale green (Fern?) Peugeot 504 passing through Belgrave at 3:20 this afternoon.

I avoid Fountain Gate as much as possible but the boy wanted a celebratory end-of-year-12-exams-drive-thru-burger so I was forced to face the crazy 5:30 Friday evening traffic. Waiting for a break I was just saying “ooo look! A twenty year old Renault Scenic - don’t see many of those around” when the courteous gent driving said car flashed his lights and waved my pug into the flow.
I don’t want to make any controversial allegations but French car drivers are better than average people.
😉

I am a bit of an interloper in this page as I am a resident of NSW, but this morning I saw two DS4s parked in Binns Street Montmorency. I don't think that I have seen one, let alone two, of this model on the road. Go Monty!

Last week - Thursday?? Two special ones in one day...
1. Burgundy and black 2CV on the Princes Highway, West of Geelong, heading towards Winchelsea. Seemed to be moving along pretty swiftly.
2.Later in the day, a gorgeous CX on CH (Classic/Historic) number plates in Geelong. It was in spectacular condition, only got a brief look but I think it was metallic champagne or gold colour? Maybe silver? Or pale metallic green?

I nearly forgot, but how could I?

On Friday last, on the Hume Freeway heading north (away from Melbourne) as I was driving towards Melbourne, a mid-1970s (judging by the grille) brown, possibly metallic, 504. I remember looking at the time and asking my wife where the SatNav said we were, but I can only remember the time - 3:20 P.M..
The 504 was in the right-hand lane, looking as though it was making good progress and certainly overtaking other, much younger cars.

Last week - Thursday?? Two special ones in one day...
1. Burgundy and black 2CV on the Princes Highway, West of Geelong, heading towards Winchelsea. Seemed to be moving along pretty swiftly.
2.Later in the day, a gorgeous CX on CH (Classic/Historic) number plates in Geelong. It was in spectacular condition, only got a brief look but I think it was metallic champagne or gold colour? Maybe silver? Or pale metallic green?
That must have been the same 2CV I saw in Apollo Bay!

Last Wednesday a White 405 being fanged along by 'P' plater West Ring Rd Melbs (hope I haven't dobbed anyone in). Sometimes cars look lots better going fast, like the white DS5 that went around me on the left on a northern Spanish autoroute. I was doing 180 clicks in the DS4 and made me feel like I was going backwards.

A later model White C5 on Tulla freeway last Friday. They have a punchy sort of front (in my rearview mirror)

I was in Xantia Break (Bleu Leman)

Glimpsed through the median strip shrubbery on the Hume Hwy just after noon today there was a DS/ID in black with white roof southbound between violet town and Euroa.

Not Port Melbourne built? Or maybe those are all flying in Pakistan now …

yet doesn't tell which A3-41 is ... typical interpretive signage, erroneous or lacking detail
there is something similar up here - a sign advises all Catalinas were known as the # of the one that crashed in Cairns inlet on it's return from a 24hr patrol ...

Last edited:
Avocado (?) green P504 heading north on Belgrave-Hallam Rd just south of Belgrave at 3:58pm today.
😀

Around midday today I was driving a hiace van on the M1 into Geelong, and passed a bronzey godly sort of color 3rd nose DS. It was on club plates. Had I been driving a more dignified vehicle, I would have given the driver a wave, but instead I just started at the DS as though I’d never seen one before.