I Spy...Victoria

saw quite a few today...

white Mi16 in Monash Engineering car park
Yellow Clio Sport 200 in Monash Engineering car park as well!
burgundy N3 306 XSi, yep same car park.. I see this one almost everyday when i'm at uni :D
followed a black N3 306 XSi eastern freeway east bound... around 2-ish?
silver Gti 180 just off middleborough road
Silver 306 (XSi?) in middleborough road box hill north Macca's carpark at 6-ish.

What a day :headbang:

White Mi16 belongs to someone on here - used to come in once a week and clean Autoparis workshop....car is in immaculate condition underneath :)

Car also has had an interesting life - I'm the only one there who hasn't owned it at least once.....

Two Fuegos spotted, parked one behind the other, near Heidelberg. No Lagunas, though.

Spotted a couple of days ago. White 504 with rego KTI-504 driving towards the city on Princes hwy Dandenong. The driver a "woman of a certain age" both in pretty good condition!

Black 206GTi reg no STD 6[x]4 ... I know how a 206GTI can stop, and you really didn't need (by a long shot!) to run the red at Springvale Rd citybound on Canterbury Rd round noon yesterday ...

:nownow:

Out in the GS today down to sandringham, back around Beach Road over Wesgate to a festival in Sunshine. Coming home through Watsonia leading onto the Greensborough Bypass spotted an old vintage car on full reg, the early Victorian numeric plates in the left hand lane stopped at the lights in reasonably heavy traffic. Thought this will be interesting, but taking off from the lights about 6 cars back, the GS is doing 70/75km/hr just keeping up with the old timer. Alongside and pulling in front in the next lane it's a Ford, a T Model I'd say. At Grimshaw St he turns left, I'm turning right. Quite an impressive turn of speed from the Ford, in very nice condition. Most likely not French but starts with an F. Driving a T Model or being able to hire or rent one for a weekend is definitely on the bucket list.

You know you could build one for yourself from all new parts?

Amazing! Not sure what a T would be like to drive, having a look online you can rent Model Ts for about $400 a day at Yellowstone Park where they arrange 3 and 4 day packages staying at historic hotels, etc. Fully restored Ts and As are not that expensive to buy, it's really only expensive if you have to buy one to drive one.

Its probably terribly sacrilegious, a T with something like the mechanicals of VW Golf with a DSG gearbox, some modern disc brakes hidden somehow so the car still looks like 1920 right down to the wheels and tyres appeals. Those VW engines have a lot low down torque...

Or whack a Polo TSI engine, drivetrain, air con & power steering in a GS. One thing the GS would not need is modern brakes. The GS brakes are still good by 2012 standards. Keep the Cit suspension!

Last edited:
There may have been something on yesterday -- I also saw a Model T, citybound on (I think) Canterbury Rd sometime around the middle of the day. I distinctly remember thinking at the time that although it looked to be in particularly good nick, it didn't look nearly rickety enough to be authentic, hence my comment. Guy who told me that drives the attached (some weekends).

WillysOverland2.jpg

Santa's Ute

Spotted Santa checking his oil in Northcote today, I pulled over and took pics with a little old mobile phone. I thought it was an amusing touch.

Also saw a white 403 with a P plate driver on the road after the Grange Rd Bridge near the freeway exits, Alphington/Kew. Anyone here?

I even waved but alas, I wasn't driving a French car! :D

Attachments

• Santa under bonnet.JPG
    Santa under bonnet.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 401
  • Santa's ute.JPG
    Santa's ute.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 386
Spotted Santa checking his oil in Northcote today, I pulled over and took pics with a little old mobile phone. I thought it was an amusing touch.

Also saw a white 403 with a P plate driver on the road after the Grange Rd Bridge near the freeway exits, Alphington/Kew. Anyone here?

I even waved but alas, I wasn't driving a French car! :D

Santa should have kept the sleigh. Rudolf would never break down.

Spotted in Duncans Road Werribee earlier this week, it wasn't a French car, in fact it wasn't even a car.

It was as two wheel tractor (Harley Davidson) with a pillion passenger on the back, with his wheelchair hanging off the back of the bike

Spotted coming off the Bolte bridge and going through the Burnely tunnel southbound at approx 11.00 PM on Sunday 16Dec a white(or cream, it was at night) DS, rego NTN917. I was most surprised to look in the rear vision mirror of my Renault Scenic & see the familiar eyes of a DS steaming up behind me. She travelled beautifully through the tunnel and sped off down the Monash quicker than I dated to follow.

Spotted on the Monash freeway yesterday (Sunday 16th Dec) heading into town.

A Bugatti type 35. Looked like a real one, cruising along in the left lane trying to keep out of everyones way. Probably caused quite a few near misses from rubberneckers like me.

Saw a Citroen XM wagon in the carpark at Castlemaine Golf Club today. Nice to know there's at least one around in the country.

Saw a very nice Caravelle or was it a floride on boxing day (i always have trouble remembering which one is which) on Marine Parade St Kilda near the marina Pale blue enjoying the nice sunny day with the top down.

Spotted a Peugeot 505 Wagon in Montmorency at 11:00am this morning.

Peugot 106

Saw a red Peugeot 106 going south on Punt Rd this morning. Guessing late 90's model? Nice looking car - did not know there were any in Oz. So wondering how many found there way here.
Cheers
Bryce

Saw the same 106 I think, had a sunroof. Was on Glen Huntley Road in Elwood on Sunday. I only wish they had the GTI version here.