For the Renault 15/17 Fans

Now you got me in suspense...:jig:
I found a tool to download a complete website. So now and all of it exists on my desktop. The website included accidently sized thumbnails with content linked into individual folders. It will be annoying to extract the media from the folders... So im gong to just link you the website shared from my google drive and you can go over the folders to your hearts content :D

I particularly like this flying 17 paying tribute to that shot of the Alpine we have all seen.

And because im going preety much this in my 12, a template to copy with the fuel tank

Nice car but prefer the earlier dash and the 'inset' hatch window on the earlier cars.
Quite right! I originally had the Aus spec dash crash pad over the instruments, but I like the euro spec better so I changed it.

1979 17G dash.jpg

Dash 17.jpg
160 17.jpg
Aus dash 17.jpg

Attachments

• 160 17.jpg
    160 17.jpg
    309.6 KB · Views: 95
160 kph at 4500 RPM, must have a great engine

R17TS/ G - Stock the cam works perfectly with the gearbox 4000 rpm to 6000 rpm. 100 kph is about 3000 rpm. So you would at 6000 be changing from 4th to 5th at about 140 kph. If you replace the injection with twin DCOE's then the main jets don't actually come in until 2,800 RPM. hence they are not really happy at the 100 kph speed limit. Much better at 120 kph.

R17TS/ G - Stock the cam works perfectly with the gearbox 4000 rpm to 6000 rpm. 100 kph is about 3000 rpm. So you would at 6000 be changing from 4th to 5th at about 140 kph. If you replace the injection with twin DCOE's then the main jets don't actually come in until 2,800 RPM. hence they are not really happy at the 100 kph speed limit. Much better at 120 kph.
Does that mean that you really should fit a DCOE with a smaller diameter, to get the air velocity high enough to bring in the main jets at a legal speed? Of course the cars were designed to cruise at rather more than a sedate 100 kph even back in the 1970s. Back then, I cruised the 16TS at 140 kph in South Australia, before an absolute speed limit was imposed.

Well the 45 DCOE's were fitted to 12 G's and Alpine 310's. I had mine jetted the same as them with three progression holes exactly as per a Alpine 310. So I don't think so, actually 105 KPH is fine and so is 100 kph really. My Latitude runs ok at 100 kph but prefers 110. So as you know 100 kph is not a European speed limit speed. Either 110 or 130 on freeways, highways and 90 kph on small back roads. Neither is 60 kph in France it is either 50 or 70. So I guess Renaults are designed for odd numbers not even. I guess Renault could programme modern computer controlled cars for other common speeds if the wished. I am not saying it is a problem just noticeable to some people that are tuned to notice.