For the Renault 15/17 Fans

I have seen these plus others in the series. So you might find more on the I'net some where. The Register was very active at one stage but the instigators sold their cars and so lost interest I guess. You have seen this site of course?

Yes aware of it. It is quite an unusual looking site but informative

It goes quite well, that 12G, for its time anyway. I had a ride in it recently. Good you found it David!

You know why I sold it? Besides being sick if cleaning and changing spark plugs every time the weather changed. I always wanted the full set of Gordinis. I had a Dauphine G and a 17G but always thought an 8G would be impossible to find. Sold all 3 of them........times change.

This photo is clearly Canberra, but anyone know this car and the owner?
17_1.jpg
17_2.jpg
17_3.jpg
17_4.jpg

It depends how old this photo is Shoji 🤔
I'm really hoping it isn't the one I bought and raided for its running gear, complete with sidedraft Webers. The one I bought was the same colour and wheels but when I bought it, it was full of rust, tired engine, ratty interior and had one of those nasty cheap pop-up sunroof's, which this one doesn't seem to have.
I disposed of the body about 15 years ago. It was retrievable for someone, but with rusty A pillars and roof near rear hatch, that wasn't me.
It was apparently a really nice car in its day, but definitely driven into the ground by the time I bought it.

Above pic my 1973 17TL in Canberra. Of all things I still have the receipt for it from a dealer in Fyshwick. This was taken in about 1986. It was already a tired car, I loved it but could never get the driver's door to adjust, before I owned it, it had been hit RHF and repaired... not too well. It also had a slide back sunroof, thankfully it didn't leak. I also had a metallic grey with red interior 15 (TL?) for a short while. I wonder what happened to them both. Long gone I guess.

It depends how old this photo is Shoji 🤔
I'm really hoping it isn't the one I bought and raided for its running gear, complete with sidedraft Webers. The one I bought was the same colour and wheels but when I bought it, it was full of rust, tired engine, ratty interior and had one of those nasty cheap pop-up sunroof's, which this one doesn't seem to have.
I disposed of the body about 15 years ago. It was retrievable for someone, but with rusty A pillars and roof near rear hatch, that wasn't me.
It was apparently a really nice car in its day, but definitely driven into the ground by the time I bought it.
Hi John. I found these photos on the net about May 2016 (download). Other than that, when it was taken? - don't know.
Does look good in that colour though probably not original.

I have photos of it, but must be on my work PC. I think the one above has a nicer stance than mine did, so maybe they're not the same car (I hope).

Found a photo, definitely not the same car.

Attachments

• Mork RHF.jpg
    Mork RHF.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
Would someone know of any sites that have detailed info, spec, etc about the groupe 5 R17G's.
I'm interested. This is all about I have found useful:

I've extracted the pictures for us to enjoy either way :p

#edit, actually no i havent... oh old on..