For the Renault 15/17 Fans

Thanks lads. This photographer would love to photograph some other cool french cars and meet/talk their owners then add them to the site. He is passionate about his work and uses film! $3 bucks a shot at his expense. In WA only. A great opportunity to get our unique cars out there and seen. But all confidential and just photos.
PM if your keen.

Happy birthday to the 2x winner of the Tour de France: Bernard Thévenet
1f389.png

R15 in the background

24130244_1503142106401830_378961927720583838_o.jpg

Old Tour de France footage is great for french car spotting. Recommended even if you are not into cycling, by the end you might be :p

Old Tour de France footage is great for french car spotting. Recommended even if you are not into cycling, by the end you might be :p

It was cycling that got me into the French R17 I had in the late 80's. It took my bike to the track. I wonder what happened to it?
It was blue like this one
Renault-17tl-1.jpeg

And I only just saw this photo...the 15 in the background is the exact colour of the 15TS I owned many years ago (in the mid 70's)...aah, the memories!

Glen yellow, fairly common colour for R15/17's

Schnize!

But wtf..."WARNING: this car starts easily (even if these bearded ones have no fortifiers) and is exploitable at all regimes (we did not go to get the last horse)....."

Schnize! But wtf..."WARNING: this car starts easily (even if these bearded ones have no fortifiers) and is exploitable at all regimes (we did not go to get the last horse)....."

Google Translate is even better than 1960s Japanese users manuals....

When do we go for a drive and exploit all of its regimes! I want to find that last horse :banana:

Perhaps they mean it is suitable for all sports categories and it is still only 125 bhp. That is stock standard, as are the carbs if you remove the injection and fit DCOE's as per a 12G. As for the bearded ones well.......

35,000 EUR !!!! A bit of paint, a few decals, a Gordini tappet cover and anyone with a 17TS/G will be rich beyond our wildest dreams. And here I was thinking $3,500 would be ok for my TS with a roadworthy. Perhaps I should rethink that. Why would anyone modify a decouverable for competition. They are heavier than a tin top version.

Last edited:
Sunroof. Look what Paul got for his TS here in Aus! You could get lucky with a hipster liking it and pay :2cents: x 5k
France is a different market though with a huge fan base.

Stumbled apon this
I have seen these plus others in the series. So you might find more on the I'net some where. The Register was very active at one stage but the instigators sold their cars and so lost interest I guess. You have seen this site of course?