For the Renault 15/17 Fans

Shoji

Renault 17 TL 1312
VIP Paid Subscriber
1000+ Posts
Fellow Frogger
On the Facebook page for Renault 15 17 notre passion the members are posting advertisements for r15/r17 from Leboncoin weekly if not daily!
R17G.jpg

Yehovah they are great looking things. Suppose the good lighting helps, and those flares and what.. 225's

hubba hubba

Wow, 80MPH, that's impressive.
A 12 is usually a frag under 20MPH per 1000RPM in top (on a flat road with standard wheels).
That would be only about a bit over 4000RPM so there would have be a bit more to be had yet.
If it didn't self-destruct or deafen the driver.

<"Thread hijack">

yeah yeah but you cheated with like, a proper one.

And for what it's worth, it wasn't very noisy / or vibrated to much or what it feels like at 60mph. I was disappointed I couldn't get it to the ton. But now that the timing is actually a little more correct, I might make the clock show 90 :p

That was with it full of gear when I moved it to Sydney a couple of months back. Actually thinking about it the front end was very light haha.

</"Thread hijack>

Now let me scroll up and admire that mint 17 once more.

We had my R12 topped out at 147mph (236kph) on the Hume coming into Gundagai.

How many in the car when you "allegedly" did this?

WE only got to 15kph, but had many more people, so 16 less people, with only a driver gives a potential 250kph

Those old Reno's were fast

cram.jpg

How many in the car when you "allegedly" did this?

WE only got to 15kph, but had many more people, so 16 less people, with only a driver gives a potential 250kph

Those old Reno's were fast

View attachment 98421

2 of us with a full fuel tank with 90 litres of Avgas and 5 jerry cans full of avgas strapped to the roll bar (no rear seat in a rally car) Would have made a hell of a mess if we hit anything.

I remember sitting on the side of the road when the cops stopped us with raw avgas dripping and the exhaust as it was trying to idle. It was bloody lucky no one smoked.

2 of us with a full fuel tank with 90 litres of Avgas and 5 jerry cans full of avgas strapped to the roll bar (no rear seat in a rally car) Would have made a hell of a mess if we hit anything.

I remember sitting on the side of the road when the cops stopped us with raw avgas dripping and the exhaust as it was trying to idle. It was bloody lucky no one smoked.

No mess at all, just crispy critters

Shiny Paint!

Maybe there is something to a nice paint job...