D Series Fuel Inlet Fitting Fix Kit

Richo,
As the proud owner of a once burned ID, I am in the market for a kit please. From what I read, will also fit the GS carby, so would like 2 (two) extra fittings. 1 for each car and one for my new ID. (the one I want to build!)

Richo,
As the proud owner of a once burned ID, I am in the market for a kit please. From what I read, will also fit the GS carby, so would like 2 (two) extra fittings. 1 for each car and one for my new ID. (the one I want to build!)

Thanks for your interest, I appreciate your support.
I've sent an email with details.

Hi Richo. I would like one kit thanks. Should look, and be, better than the existing piece of wire!

cheers, Don

Hi Richo,

I got my package today, thanks very much. Very well packaged and looks to be first class quality, as we have come to expect from you.

Many thanks for an essential safety item (or in my case 3 of them). I think this or a similar thread should be a sticky to alert newcomers to older Citroen ownership of the dangers of the standard setup with the fuel line into the carby. Given this is a Solex and Weber issue, it must be endemic to many different makes of this era? I would not have known without AF, and both my cars are vulnerable (both with the amateurish galv wire "fix").

Regards,
leconte

Thank you Richard. Most impressed with the quality of workmanship. Very happy. Thank you.

Fred.

Ditto thanks Richo! Appreciate your effort, be good to drive without that niggling little explosive premonition loitering!
Regards
Steven

Got mine yesterday. Fast service to the USA. Looks great.

My DS should be arriving in a couple of weeks, so this will be first thing I take care of.

Thanks
Paul

Thanks fellas. Your feedback makes it all the more meaningful for me.

Only one kit wasn't taken and I've done all the machining for any future interest by owners whose cars haven't been changed.

cheers,
richo

Hello again Richo. My kit arrived recently. Thanks for your expertise and prompt delivery.

Memo to me - I must fit it TODAY!

cheers, Don

The last and I mean final lot of taps arrived in todays post.
There are 8 full kits with tap ($40) available and 4 extra fitting and clamp kits ($15).
Fitting kits can be made at any time really, that's just machining. Happy to sell by themselves.

So, if there are any more owners out there who don't have these fitted, please consider the future of your car, without a fire under the bonnet. Thanks for your support.

cheers,
richo

Thanks fellas. Your feedback makes it all the more meaningful for me.

Only one kit wasn't taken and I've done all the machining for any future interest by owners whose cars haven't been changed.

cheers,
richo

I'll add my thanks too, even though we have spoken, I know it helps you cross requests off your list.

Cheers
Chris

Just a postscript to this thread, the last of the last batch of these carb fuel fittings have made their way to Roger Simson, owner of Citroen DS NZ

I understand at the time of writing there is still one full kit and 10 part kits available, if you haven't added this security measure to your D get in quick. Roger can be contacted via the above web address.

A big thanks to Richo for saving many Ds from an horrific end :headbang:

Cheers
Chris

Just a postscript to this thread, the last of the last batch of these carb fuel fittings have made their way to Roger Simson, owner of Citroen DS NZ

I understand at the time of writing there is still one full kit and 10 part kits available, if you haven't added this security measure to your D get in quick. Roger can be contacted via the above web address.

Cheers
Chris

Another sad reminder. . .
Incendio auto epoca Schio

index-30-23.jpg

Google Translation said:
Vintage car fire Schio
„Fear in the Vicenza. Firefighters intervened just before dell'1.30 Sunday in via Industry in Schio for the ' fire of a' vintage automobile . An 70 year old US citizen, driving a Citroen DS '63, was driving along the industrial zone to return to Lozzo Atestino, where he resides, when the car stopped, starting to smoke and then catch fire. FIRE. L ' driver managed to get out, putting to safety and giving the alarm. In the afternoon, he participated in an exhibition of vintage cars, which took place in the Schio city. Upon arrival of the two teams of the detachment of Schio car was completely engulfed in flames. Firefighters extinguished the fire and secured the place in the space of a few hours. “

Cheers
Chris

Last edited:
I just received what I think was the last kit from Roger. It was brought on by noticing fuel leaking onto the inlet manifold when working on the hydraulics recently. Thank goodness the car was stationary and the engine not yet hot. I got a real fright. I replaced the hose and clamp as a temporary fix and will attend to the fitting very shortly. Belated thanks to Richo and the aussiefrogs community.

Cheers
Chris