D Series Fuel Inlet Fitting Fix Kit

Hi folks,
Buttercup here, popping in for my once in a blue moon visit.

I got a private message today asking about availability of carby inlet kits.

Yes, i still have taps and some fittings, can supply as needed.

Regards

Bob

Hi mate
Can I buy a tap and 2 fitting
I can transfer money into your account
Thanks
Cheers

Hi folks,
Buttercup here, popping in for my once in a blue moon visit.

I got a private message today asking about availability of carby inlet kits.

Yes, i still have taps and some fittings, can supply as needed.

Regards

Bob

I'm reviving this thread, for a couple of reasons. Some years have passed.
It's timely to remind newer owners of the possibility that their car may be at risk.
I'm going to do another batch in the next month.
Prices have been revised very slightly to take account for postage costs and my time making them.
It's more about being aware than making money.
I will make them to suit 1/4" line for Renaults fitted with similar carburettors.
Thanks for looking and continued support... now look at your car to make certain there is one fitted ;).

Good job Richo,
I also have fittings and 9x1 thread taps in stock.

By some coincidence, I fitted one to a Weber over the weekend, and similarly thought it timely to inform any new owners of cars with Weber or Solex carbies, of the risks involved with NOT using this threaded kit.

In recent years several beautiful and valuable Citroens have been lost to fire caused by the deterioration of the original inlet arrangement.

There are strong reasons for not using off the shelf fittings (1/8" BSPT or NPT).

This kit has been very carefully designed, many hundreds have been used worldwide, and proven for 20 years now.

Good job Richo,
I also have fittings and 9x1 thread taps in stock.

By some coincidence, I fitted one to a Weber over the weekend, and similarly thought it timely to inform any new owners of cars with Weber or Solex carbies, of the risks involved with NOT using this threaded kit.

In recent years several beautiful and valuable Citroens have been lost to fire caused by the deterioration of the original inlet arrangement.

There are strong reasons for not using off the shelf fittings (1/8" BSPT or NPT).

This kit has been very carefully designed, many hundreds have been used worldwide, and proven for 20 years now.
Thanks Bob, you developed this modification initially.
A thoughtful solution which doesn’t need changing.
I’m pleased to have helped others, as you have done.

It's timely to remind newer owners of the possibility that their car may be at risk.
Prices have been revised very slightly to take account for postage costs and my time making them.
I will make them to suit 1/4" line for Renaults fitted with similar carburettors.
Thanks for looking and continued support... now look at your car to make certain there is one fitted ;).
Thank you Richo. Your knowledge like many others have given me the confidence of owning a D (in my case a DSpecial). I would certainly be interested in your kit.

Regards Syd

Thanks Syd, for your interest and support.
Right now Bob has stock, if you PM him, he'll respond.
My stock of taps will arrive in a few weeks and can be delivered then.
Depends on your need. Thanks again.
Hi Richo

Happy to wait. No issues so far with my D but ordering one is a no brainer.

Kind regards Syd

Great move Richo. At least two of your kits reached me here in the UK, but I'd still like to buy a couple more:

with regards to external fuel pumps and fuel line ..... have a look at what uncle tony says. Everything this guy says is generally fascinating. He used a water hose for fuel line by the sounds of it. Also not what he says about wiring "lift" type petrol pumps into old cars.

with regards to external fuel pumps and fuel line ..... have a look at what uncle tony says. Everything this guy says is generally fascinating. He used a water hose for fuel line by the sounds of it. Also not what he says about wiring "lift" type petrol pumps into old cars.

Hnmmm....
He's not only in another world (planet Americe) but cars sooooo unlike ours.

Both of the smaller pump types that I've used self prime. I do locate them low and near the tank, and with 12V taken from the ignition circuit before the coil resistor.
The only advantage of a mechanical pump is that it varies it's flow with engine revs.

He is mostly right about hose.
Yes, he is using a hose with Teflon inner.
You can get that for fuel or hydraulic applications, and it does last indefinitely.
Hose in general:
Only use it as a connector. For long runs use metal tube.
Aircraft usually use aluminium, but in a car I prefer steel or stainless steel.
ProFlow in Melbourne supply SS tube (for brakeline, but also perfect for fuel)
Early 2cvs used steel, DS uses Nylon.

In our cars we do NOT need stainless braid covering on hose. If you insist on the hot rod bling of stainless braid, you must secure it from contacting anything around it.
It abrades like a rat tail file, I've seen it go right through an aluminium rocker cover on a Toyota.
It's also deadly on electrical cables.
Keep it away from spark leads and general wiring with standoff cable ties.

Better still...... don't use it!

Last edited: