Clint and John R8 Bridgetown !!!

John the water pipes are actually aluminium, light fragile and transfers a lot of heat out of the system. The titanium is the material for the skid plate protecting the gearbox. Same stuff F1 used to use for their skid plates and it gives off great sparks.
They had offcuts in odd shapes from various braces and brackets. I still have a few bits which I find uses for such as mounts for brake reservoir bottles etc.
Back to the original topic now, cheers.
Thanks Mr B. Ah, I missed the point. Yes, great for F1 sparks! Mr 4cvg has a Mini-Cooper S radiator in his car - 4 rows of tubes and clever ducting to let the air out (THE critical aspect) but I do wonder how much radiator you need with all the heat dissipation along the pipes! :) Back to topic, as you say.

Hi everyone, just a quick update on the R8. The engine is tidied up and in the car for final fitup. We have accelerator, clutch and gear selectors. Everything has cleared pipework and is all neat and tidy. Alternator has since been fitted with in built regulator and all wiring has been hidden away. Thanks to Ray my Dad got me the new extractors for a birthday present!!!!
!cid_425.jpg
!cid_424.jpg

Oh my giddy aunt. That does look good! Well done Clint & John.
Very flash, isn't it. Typical quality work from John vH and Clint..... :)

I take my hat off to them - a full body strip is not something I'm prepared to tackle. Perhaps if I ever feel really retired and bored. No.....

Thanks everyone, this will be the general theme of the car...neat, tidy and simple! The engine mounts are new 16ts on custom made engine plate. There is also additional strengthening onto the rails and the square bar across the back is purely for added strength.

I did go away for Christmas, but I worked in Paradise.........

Attachments

• DSCN0100.JPG
    DSCN0100.JPG
    284.8 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCN0101.JPG
    DSCN0101.JPG
    275.8 KB · Views: 279
  • DSCN0102.JPG
    DSCN0102.JPG
    268.3 KB · Views: 281
  • DSCN0103.JPG
    DSCN0103.JPG
    271.4 KB · Views: 283
  • image000000.jpg
    image000000.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 278
  • image000001.jpg
    image000001.jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 286
By `working' Ray has started recovering my period 12'' sports steering wheel....can,t wait. Konis have finally arrived from Europe, so front end through to dash and steering is very nearly complete. Thanks Ray, glad you enjoyed your Christmas/New Year.

Koni shockers are great with projected 30+ life expectancy if mine are typical!!

Great it is coming on well. Happy New Year to you.

More to the point, an R8.... How many are on the road in WA? Currently two, one on concessional licensing and one fully licensed, and a few Gordinis, also on concessional licenses.

We're home safely and not infected as far as I can tell, btw.
Hi John
It has been a while since I have been on AF. Had a prob with my original log in and could not get any admin help which I tried for ages, I gave up and just left. Since then I have been working on my 49 Spinner but recently I couldn't help myself and brought another R8. I just started work on it and plan to create another street car (Green Machine)
I will start a new project post in the coming days, I have been consumed the last 2 years doing house renovations but now finished so it is back into my cars. The 8 I brought I had not heard of or seen, just popped up out of the blue so I had to buy it, I have 7 project cars now so I doubt I will have time to get bored.
I have attached my Green Machine and the Spinner, I should never had sold my R8.
I still have enough of the paint colour to do the green again, don't want to waste it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    546.7 KB · Views: 233
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    669.6 KB · Views: 239
Hi John
It has been a while since I have been on AF. Had a prob with my original log in and could not get any admin help which I tried for ages, I gave up and just left. Since then I have been working on my 49 Spinner but recently I couldn't help myself and brought another R8. I just started work on it and plan to create another street car (Green Machine)
I will start a new project post in the coming days, I have been consumed the last 2 years doing house renovations but now finished so it is back into my cars. The 8 I brought I had not heard of or seen, just popped up out of the blue so I had to buy it, I have 7 project cars now so I doubt I will have time to get bored.
I have attached my Green Machine and the Spinner, I should never had sold my R8.
I still have enough of the paint colour to do the green again, don't want to waste it
Thanks Wayne. They keep popping up!! Where did you find it?

Hi John
R8 with a GD Subaru WRX rear spoiler!

Hi John
Wayne
I have the bonnet and the rear panel off the 'green machine' on my R8 now, as well as a few other bits and pieces.
Last I heard the body was off to the tip - a real shame.

Yeah,lots of rust and body filler, if I remember right !!

A quick update on the R8... Things have been progressing well. Front end is in and complete except brakes. We have started on panels. I am stripping paint and have all the back in etch primer while Dad is going ahead with repairing, filling and lining things up. The panels are just sitting on there in these pictures. There has been some fairly average repairs been done over the years and minor rust pin holes here and there. Dad has lead filled unwanted holes and using a minimal amount of filler for final shaping. We are trying to get as much body work done before the long cold Bridgetown winter. We are happy with how things are going although it is a lot of work doing everything from stripping to panel and paint in our home workshop.
Cheers Clint
!cid_870.jpg
!cid_872.jpg
!cid_484.jpg
!cid_485.jpg
!cid_792.jpg

I wonder whether that was my old white one? It lives on with the number plates on the 4CV - cheaper to buy than custom plates!!!!!!!!
John the car came from SA pointed in the Gordini Blue.
I am unsure how Ray knows about the body condition, I would not say FULL of body filler, I certainly did not.
Thanks Wayne. They keep popping up!! Where did you find it