Clint and John R8 Bridgetown !!!

Johnno.
Ray restored a Mota Lita wheel for my 504 some time back. Magic job. I didn't let the wheel go when I parted with my 504.
It's now an ornament on my model show case. Waiting for my next Peugeot I reckon !
He does a lovely job, I agree. Way beyond my skill set!

Well it's been a while....we are back on wheels!!!
r32.jpg
r31.jpg

Nice to see, Clint. John said it was progressing.

More to the point, an R8.... How many are on the road in WA? Currently two, one on concessional licensing and one fully licensed, and a few Gordinis, also on concessional licenses.

We're home safely and not infected as far as I can tell, btw.
Hi John

Wayne from Collie
I have been offline for quite a while with various projects but I still have an R8 under construction. I am the guy who had the Green Machine

Attachments

• 122-2286_IMG.JPG
    122-2286_IMG.JPG
    379.8 KB · Views: 167
  • 137-3712_IMG.JPG
    137-3712_IMG.JPG
    287.3 KB · Views: 160
  • Henry win 5.jpeg
    Henry win 5.jpeg
    822.2 KB · Views: 166
  • R804.jpg
    R804.jpg
    570.2 KB · Views: 160
Hi John

Wayne from Collie
I have been offline for quite a while with various projects but I still have an R8 under construction. I am the guy who had the Green Machine
GD Subaru WRX rear spoiler on the greenie! Nice Ford ute too!
Wayne, you wouldn't know Gary French by any chance?

Clint,
Time for some more pictures.......

Ray

Yes...thank's for the jolt Ray. Life is very busy at this time of year! Basically the front is done though not sure what to put in the way of a little bar or nerf bars on? Everything is connected and working. We used a second hand badge (thanks John W) and made the stainless trim from a mudguard trim from a Skoda Oktavia. Indicators with orange globes from a Morris and cleaned up some headlights ( thanks Dave). Boot lid was really a throw away but has come up ok. As Dad was a carpet layer I have not only carpet in the boot but on the underside of the lid as well!
r35.jpg
r39.jpg
r42.jpg
r44.jpg

Nice. I've just realised I owe you a phone call from last week! I have a couple of genuine R8 front indicators if you want them, but they are far from mint so you might be better off with what you have!

Nice Clint, meaningful progress. At that stage where you do not see much but it is getting assembled. Nice clean and neat.

Ray

We've now moved to the rear, calipers and brake line on, thanks Ray. Dad made brackets that hold the guards out about 30mm, with the deep dish wheels and an extra 5.5mm each side due to the big 4 speed conversion it was a pretty tight fit. The result is good, the rear guards come out as far as the flare on the front guards... just have to get the engine lid right. Really starting to look like a car again!
r45.jpg
r46.jpg
r48.jpg
r50.jpg
r51.jpg