Pics

Attachments

• 16564066371060.jpg
    16564066371060.jpg
    498.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 16564066371681.jpg
    16564066371681.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 81
French Lemon has been driving ok most of the time and occasionally reverts to shit-mode. Its happened 3 times in the last couple of days. Each time I've turned engine off, used OBDII reader and 2 out 3 times it didn't come up with a code.
First time with no codes I started the car, drove for couple hundred metres and still in shit-mode so I turned off engine, turned key to on, again no codes but I hit "clear codes" anyways and it came good when I drove off.
Last 2 times it happened, was exactly same scenario; no codes, engine off, key on, hit clear codes, car is ok.
Diverter valve can easily be heard in every gear.

It pulls quite strong in 3rd and above from 2,400rpm, more so than 1st and 2nd at same revs. Keeping in mind that its only giving me about 30-40% max throttle.

Does the EMS govern/restrict power/torque in 1st & 2nd?

Odd that you get no codes with that lambda sensor. The system doesn't restrict low gears. These engines are a hoon's dream for traffic light derbies (as long as a speed camera isn't around).

What is the mileage? Do you get misfiring when it degrades? If the engine intake needs ash de-crudding this sort of thing happens, and it's fine at restart, Codes aren't necessarily present. It's another form of upset air/fuel ratio. If needed it isn't a quickie.

Odd that you get no codes with that lambda sensor. The system doesn't restrict low gears. These engines are a hoon's dream for traffic light derbies (as long as a speed camera isn't around).

What is the mileage? Do you get misfiring when it degrades? If the engine intake needs ash de-crudding this sort of thing happens, and it's fine at restart, It's another form of upset air/fuel ratio. If needed it isn't a quickie.
Yeah, when it goes to shit, its when the revs fall below 1,000 and the engine splutters because I didn't balance throttle properly.
In both shit and ok mode, the engine does not misfire at all and idles very smoothly.
Odo is almost 179k.

Did it again this morning. Took off from lights casually, revs dropped to about 1200, engine spluttered only marginally for half a second if even that, and went into shit-mode.
Pulled over, engine off, key on, no codes, pressed clear codes, engine start, and ok-mode again

Have had the car back from Euroserve for over a week now. Last several days, as per previous post, when it goes to shit, clearing codes (even when it doesn't come up with one) fixes it
Keep that in your databases y'all, to press clear every time.

Now the main problems are:
- im not getting any more response or power beyond approx 30% throttle opening (without diverter valve is audible in all gears, so it's boosting ok)

- there a second or so of hunting/surging around 2,000RPM

Possibly the 'canister' solenoid valve is faulty. Item #2 in the diagram, which is for an EP6DTS 175 engine and pre-2009. Check the piping for the carbon canister is good and ensure there is no fuel inside it. The fuel tank will have a vent valve and if it fails, it can let raw fuel enter the carbon canister and hence the inlet manifold to cause overly rich running. That may require a new tank as the vent valve is not likely to be sold separately.
Just more for you to investigate.

1656758791427.png

Possibly the 'canister' solenoid valve is faulty. Item #2 in the diagram, which is for an EP6DTS 175 engine and pre-2009. Check the piping for the carbon canister is good and ensure there is no fuel inside it. The fuel tank will have a vent valve and if it fails, it can let raw fuel enter the carbon canister and hence the inlet manifold to cause overly rich running. That may require a new tank as the vent valve is not likely to be sold separately.
Just more for you to investigate.

View attachment 206887
Thanks David if the canister solenoi valve isn't expensive, should I just replace it?

Pop in at the good people from Peugeotech for their opinion.
They're a fair way away (I'm further south of city as they are North of it) and I can't take much time off work as I've only been working at new place for several months, but I could at least shoot them an email.
When I searched them, it came up with Brendale address. Is that old or new?

Does 207 Gti have a MAF sensor?
Does it have two MAP sensors?

I can't for the life of me find pics for the one on the inlet manifold that Euroserve says they replaced.
The first pic is the one on the inlet pipe post intercooler & pre throttle body.
2nd pic I found for NA models 206 onwards and other makes with same/similar engines.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220703-191433_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-191433_eBay.jpg
    442.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20220703-191504_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220703-191504_Chrome.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 76
The EP6DT engine has the turbo pressure control mounted under the inlet manifold. It's a solenoid operated vacuum controller. One of its tubes is open to atmosphere, which might be confusing. The others are vacuum depression in and out.

The sensor on the top pipe is a Bosch manifold pressure sensor.

Thanks seasink. I'll check the invoice to confirm if that solenoid was replaced and the MAP on inlet was untouched. Might be worth replacing the MAP as its not too expensive.

The EP6DT engine has the turbo pressure control mounted under the inlet manifold. It's a solenoid operated vacuum controller. One of its tubes is open to atmosphere, which might be confusing. The others are vacuum depression in and out.

The sensor on the top pipe is a Bosch manifold
What about MAF? No MAF?

Would you want a manifold air flow sensor controlling the engine with a turbo blow off valve fitted? The engine computer can calculate what is needed from the manifold pressure.

They're a fair way away (I'm further south of city as they are North of it) and I can't take much time off work as I've only been working at new place for several months, but I could at least shoot them an email.
When I searched them, it came up with Brendale address. Is that old or new?
They indeed just moved to Brendale a few weeks ago.

The sensor on the top pipe is a Bosch manifold pressure sensor.
Ha Seasink investigating daughters coolant leak today and found 2 of the 3 hoses on the vacuum solenoid floating in the breeze but a bit of oil leakage from said solenoid. Haven't noticed and performance issues but reconnected them while I was there. Coolant leak ongoing as not from waterpump but thermostat or pipe between. Great access NOT😕

Brilliant, isn't it? Factories insist on mounting everything on the engine, even if it will become inaccessible.
vacuum control.png

Would you want a manifold air flow sensor controlling the engine with a turbo blow off valve fitted? The engine computer can calculate what is needed from the manifold pressure.
This is the first car I've owned (have had 7) that didn't have MAF. Own Pulsar GTi-R and Mazda3 MPS so it's very unusual for me to not find a MAF even on Turbos.